8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 17, 2015, 2:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 529
Fantastic performance. From all players! Credit ph as well, fans very good, best performace of the season for me! Nothing to fear from them! They were dear god awful! Akinde should have been off IMO! But we should be very proud of our efforts this afternoon! UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
ginnywings
January 17, 2015, 3:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
At last, at last, at last, a performance worthy of the name.

After their penalty we just blew them away all over the pitch. First to everything, won most headers and tackles but most of all, got the ball down and played football. Ollie Palmer was fantastic and my MOM, just. Many fine performances and Arnold was as good today as i've seen him and light years beyond his Xmas efforts. Credit where it's due. Defence were solid as a rock after the early set back. Macca hardly troubled.

It is however bittersweet, because to see us play like this just makes the losses to teams down below all the more galling. We could be pi$$ing this league

Anyway, it's about today and the players were to a man fantastic. Restored my faith a bit in the team and the manager.

Well done all, including the fans who showed they will get behind the team if they perform.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
Marinerz93
January 17, 2015, 3:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
At last, at last, at last, a performance worthy of the name.

After their penalty we just blew them away all over the pitch. First to everything, won most headers and tackles but most of all, got the ball down and played football. Ollie Palmer was fantastic and my MOM, just. Many fine performances and Arnold was as good today as i've seen him and light years beyond his Xmas efforts. Credit where it's due. Defence were solid as a rock after the early set back. Macca hardly troubled.

It is however bittersweet, because to see us play like this just makes the losses to teams down below all the more galling. We could be pi$$ing this league

Anyway, it's about today and the players were to a man fantastic. Restored my faith a bit in the team and the manger.

Well done all, including the fans who showed they will get behind the team if they perform.

My thoughts exactly, today's performance has given me a right buzz, the closing down and chasing Barnet all over the pitch was great to see.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
mimma
January 17, 2015, 3:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Agreed!!

We were just better in all departments than them.

Palmer looks like what we have been missing. Tall & athletic. Brilliant finish for his goal.

Pearson had Akinde in his pocket all game, but every player played well, no weak links.Magney MOM for me.

Begs the question why can't we play like that every game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
ginnywings
January 17, 2015, 3:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mimma
Agreed!!

We were just better in all departments than them.

Palmer looks like what we have been missing. Tall & athletic. Brilliant finish for his goal.

Pearson had Akinde in his pocket all game, but every player played well, no weak links.Magney MOM for me.

Meant to mention Magnay but freezing and needed to make a cuppa. What a signing he has been.

Only gave Palmer my MOM because it was his league debut and he made all the difference up front. We've had some good performances without looking dangerous up top this season. He changed all that and could be that missing ingredient.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
AdamHaddock
January 17, 2015, 3:15pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Sounded very good on the radio. Just as we shouldn't overreact to a bad result / performance, we shouldn't get too carried away after a win. But a performance and result like that against the leaders shows the players do have it in them. Now let's have some consistency please. Approach each game positively and get the right service into LJL and Palmer's feet. Balls to the FA trophy, the promotion push is back on

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 17, 2015, 3:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93

My thoughts exactly, today's performance has given me a right buzz, the closing down and chasing Barnet all over the pitch was great to see.

Especially after the 3rd goal when I half expected to see us sink back and let them have the ball. This is the way the team should be playing every game - to its strengths.

Palmer looked to have some presence, took his goal well and should have had two more. Arnold looked interested as well but Magnay looked the class player.

What struck me about Barnet was the size of some of their players, there were at least 3 or 4 who seemed well overweight and it showed in the second half when we looked much fitter than them.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
Rick12
January 17, 2015, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mimma

What I think John Lewis said as well in the interview post match.They do it against the big teams but the smaller teams can struggle.Is it a case of arrogance?   Hope Hurst can address this because based on that performance we would probably be winning most  of our games if that level was kept up

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
RoboCod
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Agree with all the points made, keep this up Town. Such energy, this is the Brown we all hoped that we'd signed. Too many great displays to mention but I'd like to make a mention for the ref, great display, spotted almost everything and made the best use of the advantage rule I've seen in yonks.
I'm convinced refereeing displays of this quality would bring more fans in and lead to better games.
A good day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
Paris Mariner
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Excellent performance. Well done Palmer and Magnay especially but I felt everyone put a great shift in.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.