8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
January 17, 2015, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I think  it could maybe be a win-win situation if PH  sits in the stand, and lets Doig do the motivation thing , that's clearly not
PH's strength, Scott was previously the motivator (for want of a better word)  of the two and  it also takes PH out of the spotlight
for  his apparent lack of animation on the touchline, whilst at the same time  giving Doig, who is assistant manager after all, a
real purpose to his job, judged by todays performance it could be an arrangement that pays dividends.
Lets hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
davmariner
January 17, 2015, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Doig did wonders? Have I missed something? I know Paul was in the stands but are we really saying Doig 'worked wonders'?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
TownSNAFU5
January 17, 2015, 11:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42

Somebody posted a link to Barnet's site:

Makes great reading, particularly, after we have had a go at our team recently.  Many of their fans believe that they are in burn-out mode, their defence is poor and they will end up in the playoffs. They thought that we dominated the game - which we did.

One comment below that is typical;

"3-1. We've done nothing with our corners and crosses but every time they attack they look like scoring. So much space behind our defence. Goodbye champions".

We of course, got even better after scoring the third goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
BIGChris
January 17, 2015, 11:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Although only 3100 there I thought the atmosphere was decent.

Flags in the Ponny looked good although i am not sure I would have wanted one in front of me!

Talking of fans I see that Bristol rovers took 1896 to Woking with 300 locked out! Thats impressive.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
January 17, 2015, 11:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Although only 3100 there I thought the atmosphere was decent.

Flags in the Ponny looked good although i am not sure I would have wanted one in front of me!

It was a good atmosphere today but its a shame the noisy corner in the pontoon don't understand that if they go anywhere else in the ground the noise will be twice as loud. The centre of the pontoon would be much more appropriate or the Osmond corner. Or another option would be to erect a piece of metal there to stop the noise from travelling out to the side.
Reply: 64 - 75
Tom13
January 17, 2015, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Doig stands up and shouts every game anyway doesn't he? I didn't notice anything different to usual from him other than Hurst wasn't next to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
petethemariner
January 17, 2015, 11:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Tom13
Doig stands up and shouts every game anyway doesn't he? I didn't notice anything different to usual from him other than Hurst wasn't next to him.

Perhaps that's the key Tom! Who Knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
sparko501
January 18, 2015, 12:04am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from Tom13

I agree Doig is alway on his feet and doing his bit.

I think today was just a absolute solid performance I just hope we carry on playing how we did today.  This is the reason we get so frustrated we know what our players are capable of and today just showed how good a team we are but we need to take the same mentality into every game not just when we are playing the 'big boys' .

Still absolutely buzzing from today and will be for a while UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
EY Mariner
January 18, 2015, 12:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
As my boss is a Barnet fan who's been getting rather too confident of late, I shall very much enjoy Monday morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
sparko501
January 18, 2015, 12:46am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from EY Mariner
As my boss is a Barnet fan who's been getting rather too confident of late, I shall very much enjoy Monday morning.

Haha excellent, don't say anything just walk around with a huge grin all day and highlight anything that involves the number 3  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.