Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 363 Guests

Ched Evans saga.........

This thread currently has 16,739 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
January 12, 2015, 1:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
[quote=799]No-one knows what was said or happened in that room except those that were there.

quote]

Two of the three persons in the room testified that she gave consent. The girl said she could not remember either way.

I would suggest that there is no way that constitutes guilt 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 135
Rodley Mariner
January 12, 2015, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Again, that's not what the jury, who had listened to all of the evidence, decided.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 135
FishOutOfWater
January 12, 2015, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
I've yet to find anything on line where you can read for yourself what happened during the initial court case although there is a transcript of the appeal

https://www.crimeline.info/uploads/cases/2012ewcacrim2559.pdf

What I noticed was it states

The facts are these.

When he arrived at the room it was immediately apparent to him that McDonald and the complainant were engaged in enthusiastic consensual sex. When she was asked if the applicant could join in, the complainant clearly replied "Yes". McDonald stopped. The complainant asked the applicant to perform oral sex on her. He did so and then they had sexual intercourse. Throughout all the activities with him she was enthusiastic, wide awake and she consented to everything that happened.

To my mind I would probably think from the above that consent had been given but then the transcript goes on to state....

A complainant consents if, and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice, and she exercised that choice to agree to sexual intercourse

"A woman clearly does not have the capacity to make a choice if she is completely unconscious through the effects of drink and drugs, but there are various stages of consciousness, from being wide awake to dim awareness of reality. In a state of dim and drunken awareness you may, or may not, be in a condition to make choices. So you will need to consider the evidence of the complainant's state and decide these two questions: was she in a condition in which she was capable of making any choice one way or another? If you are sure that she was not, then she did not consent. If, on the other hand, you conclude that she chose to agree to sexual intercourse, or may have done, then you must find the defendants not guilty."

Not being a legal expert, just a mere layman who has tried to look up the facts, it would seem that the jury chose to believe that she was incapable of giving consent and that's why they found Ched Evans guilty.

As someone has said previously another jury may have made a different decision but this one unanimously find him guilty...end of. Or is it....

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 135
ginnywings
January 12, 2015, 3:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner
[quote=799]No-one knows what was said or happened in that room except those that were there.

quote]

Two of the three persons in the room testified that she gave consent. The girl said she could not remember either way.

I would suggest that there is no way that constitutes guilt 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

The two accused no doubt. The jury didn't believe them.

As i have said many times, the jury decided he was guilty and that is all that matters. Trying the case after the event in the media is pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 135
geir
January 12, 2015, 6:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
When he arrived at the room it was immediately apparent to him that McDonald and the complainant were engaged in enthusiastic consensual sex. When she was asked if the applicant could join in, the complainant clearly replied "Yes". McDonald stopped. The complainant asked the applicant to perform oral sex on her. He did so and then they had sexual intercourse. Throughout all the activities with him she was enthusiastic, wide awake and she consented to everything that happened.

To my mind I would probably think from the above that consent had been given but then the transcript goes on to state....

A complainant consents if, and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice, and she exercised that choice to agree to sexual intercourse

"A woman clearly does not have the capacity to make a choice if she is completely unconscious through the effects of drink and drugs, but there are various stages of consciousness, from being wide awake to dim awareness of reality. In a state of dim and drunken awareness you may, or may not, be in a condition to make choices. So you will need to consider the evidence of the complainant's state and decide these two questions: was she in a condition in which she was capable of making any choice one way or another? If you are sure that she was not, then she did not consent. If, on the other hand, you conclude that she chose to agree to sexual intercourse, or may have done, then you must find the defendants not guilty."

Not being a legal expert, just a mere layman who has tried to look up the facts, it would seem that the jury chose to believe that she was incapable of giving consent and that's why they found Ched Evans guilty.

As someone has said previously another jury may have made a different decision but this one unanimously find him guilty...end of. Or is it....

[/quote]

Really quite interesting this one. What can we learn from this? This quote tells me that you never should have sexual intercourse with a woman that has drunk any kind of alcohol beforehand. If unsure - always carry an alcometer and do some testing before you go to bed.

Now, I wonder if there are any cases where the reverse would be true? Where the text would read like this:

A complainant consents if, and only if, he has the freedom and capacity to make a choice, and he exercised that choice to agree to sexual intercourse

"A man clearly does not have the capacity to make a choice if he is completely unconscious through the effects of drink and drugs, but there are various stages of consciousness, from being wide awake to dim awareness of reality. In a state of dim and drunken awareness you may, or may not, be in a condition to make choices. So you will need to consider the evidence of the complainant's state and decide these two questions: was he in a condition in which he was capable of making any choice one way or another? If you are sure that he was not, then he did not consent. If, on the other hand, you conclude that he chose to agree to sexual intercourse, or may have done, then you must find the defendants not guilty."

Just wondering....

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 135
FishOutOfWater
January 12, 2015, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I don't mean to belittle what is without doubt a very serious situation but I recall from years gone by a woman being accused of raping a man

Joyce McKinney was her name and there was quite a scandal about it...before social media could offer the chance to get involved one way or another so it was left to the tabloid press to give the "facts"

One expression the woman in question used was quite descriptive... ‘It’s like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem.....onary-kidnapped.html
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 105 - 135
barralad
January 12, 2015, 11:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Really quite interesting this one. What can we learn from this? This quote tells me that you never should have sexual intercourse with a woman that has drunk any kind of alcohol beforehand. If unsure - always carry an alcometer and do some testing before you go to bed.

[/quote]

Well it's probably better than my battered chat up lines...I really like you but would you mind blowing into this bag?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 135
barralad
January 12, 2015, 11:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

The two accused no doubt. The jury didn't believe them.

As i have said many times, the jury decided he was guilty and that is all that matters. Trying the case after the event in the media is pointless.

Where is the banging head on wall icon?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 135
MarinerWY
January 12, 2015, 11:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from geir

What a load of hyperbole. There is a huge different between someone who has had a few drinks, someone who is clearly drunk, and someone who is so copulated they are slipping in and out of consciousness.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 135
FishOutOfWater
January 16, 2015, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The saga goes on and on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30851909
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 109 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.