Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 298 Guests

Ched Evans saga.........

This thread currently has 16,679 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Tom13
January 9, 2015, 2:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from ginnywings

Nah, there's that many footballers in prison, the inter prison football league is a better standard than the Conference.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 135
highcliff mariner
January 9, 2015, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from biggles9999

The difference between this situation and Liam Hearn was that most generally agreed they would've reacted in the same way if thy were in Hearn's position.

Almost as if it was morally right, if legally wrong. Ched Evans massively falls down on both counts....

Pardon my ignorance . What did Hearn do ? Link?

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 135
MrsMariner
January 9, 2015, 2:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1

And Clayton Macdonald did exactly the same as Ched Evans but got away with it and we all cheered his goals didn't we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 135
Les Brechin
January 9, 2015, 2:46pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Pardon my ignorance . What did Hearn do ? Link?

UTM

Hearn assaulted someone who was mocking the cousin of Hearn's friend who has Downs Syndrome.

http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.....ace-striker-1-674977

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 135
BIGChris
January 9, 2015, 2:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MrsMariner

And Clayton Macdonald did exactly the same as Ched Evans but got away with it and we all cheered his goals didn't we

The law says that is factually incorrect
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 135
psgmariner
January 9, 2015, 2:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I see that Steve Bruce has added his two penn'orth on this now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30742947

Wonder whether Hullberside will be following this up at all or because it concerns the Tigers, they'll let sleeping dogs lie...

If there is one man in the UK who knows the intricacies of the British criminal justice system and employment law it is surely ex footballer and fat dinner lady Steve Bruce.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 135
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 2:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from psgmariner

If there is one man in the UK who knows the intricacies of the British criminal justice system and employment law it is surely ex footballer and fat dinner lady Steve Bruce.

Sign him then Steve sign him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 135
Chrisblor
January 9, 2015, 2:59pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from MrsMariner

FFS no, Clayton Macdonald did not do exactly the same as Ched Evans. He met the girl two hours earlier and the court ruled he may have reasonably believed the girl consented to sexual activity with him considering the circumstances in which they met and traveled to the hotel together. This explains why Clayton Macdonald wasn't found guilty of rape. Ched Evans sneaked into the hotel and started carrying out sexual activities with a girl who was too drunk to consent while his friends covertly filmed everything through the window. This distinction is why Evans was found guilty of rape.

Clayton Macdonald was rather sordid, but didn't do anything unlawful. This is why he 'got away with it'. Ched Evans on the other hand thinks it's totally fine to sneak into a hotel and start having sex with someone who is in no fit state to consent. That is rape, morally reprehensible and why I want him nowhear near our club.

I'm frankly disgusted to see that at the time of this post, 240 complete idiots have signed a petition asking gtfc to sign him. I hope their mothers and sisters are happy with them.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 135
psgmariner
January 9, 2015, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I find it really worrying how many people seem to think that even if he did it it wasn't particularly serious (not as bad as Hughes keeps being trotted out). He is a convicted rapist whatever people think and the whole 'asking for it' line of argument is just revolting. As has been pointed out, he hasn't served his sentence yet either.

I'll pose one for those who think we should sign him. We sign him, he scores the winner in the play off final at Wembley and you go crazy, singing his name etc Would that not make you feel uncomfortable? What about those with daughters? If your daughter asked 'Why do you like that rapist so much?' - what would you tell her?

I see where you are coming from but if you are going to examine the moral fibre of every Town player there is a very long list of people who have done bad things and then gone on to play for us without any of this moral outrage.

We have had players with criminal convictions (most recently Gary Croft, Liam Hearn and Scott Neilson) and we have also had players involved in sickening episodes in which they have escaped guilty verdicts (Clayton McDonald and Terrel Forbes spring to mind). I know none of these lot were convicted of rape but all have a questionable past.

If you believe Ched should not be allowed another chance how come they were?

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 135
moosey_club
January 9, 2015, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from punk mariner

"Employing Evans sends a deeply flawed message. It declares that as long as you are gifted you are untouchable, that being good at football gives you an automatic right to be a footballer. And that we care more about our team winning a match than anything else."

He didnt go to prison then? I must have dreamt that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.