Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 371 Guests

Ched Evans saga.........

This thread currently has 16,619 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
MrsMariner
January 8, 2015, 3:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from oldun
This is a difficult moral issue which clearly divides opinion and as such there is too much "baggage" linked with signing the guy and the hassle is not worth it. As a player he will be in the public eye and the press spotlight. Perhaps he should have thought about the effect on his career and the woman in question on that fateful night. As a former professional footballer recently told me. young footballers do not need to rape women to have a sexual relationship with someone. I hear the other side of the argument about doing the time, but he hasn't yet, he is only out of prison on licence having served half the time, he has shown no remorse either. He needs to adopt a low profile for at least another 2.5 years, which he should use to retrain in another career. Maybe he could serve society by doing something which might prevent other young men committing a similar offence.

Exactly, which backs up his not guilty claim, which is why he has not apologised, therefore showing no remorse.
His victim apparently wasn't capable of saying yes or no which doesn't excuse what he did, but is why he claims to be not guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 135
Caesar
January 8, 2015, 3:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
To be fair I have some sympathy for Ched on this issue.  

For a start the rape is hotly disputed, it was a druken night out with 2 footballer acting very cocky and being generally horrible people no doubt, but both Clayton MacDonald and Ched Evans believe she gave her consent.  I have had sex with drunk girls before and I can imagine myself being horrified if the next day they claimed they couldn't remember anything about our encouter and I was accused of rape.  

The fact that Clayton MacDonald was cleared of raping the same girl on the same night but Ched Evans was found guilty also seems very frustrating.  

Now he is hounded out of potential football roles because of something he seems to honestly believe he is innocent of.  That must be so frustrating.

However if we take the presumption of his guilt then I still feel he has a right to move on.  The fact that your career is glamorous is irrelevant.  Sean Penn is a foul mouthed wife-beating a******* of the highest order and yet he still works as an actor and I still watch him as I think he is an amazing actor if a horrendous human being.

If Ched Evans has committed that rape he has been punished by the state and if he is to be rehabilitated he needs to be allowed to resume a normal life, that is part of the reason for the early release scheme where Ched Evans has been released early, so he can start to work and reintroduce himself into society before he is fully free again.  I find the hounding of him frustrating as it is people who are trying to assert they have a moral high ground because they do not approve of rape as if people who feel that crimes need to be forgiven are saying rape is not a big deal  That is clearly rubbish, we all think rape is a horrendous crime but punishing him forever is also wrong and we need to move on from this and hope that his behaviour in the future is up to a higher standard, if not then we can condem him again but to consistently condem him now is not justice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 135
promotion plaice
January 8, 2015, 3:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
The wiki thing mentioning Town has been withdrawn plus previous post ( probably complaint from club or legal issues ).

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 135
sutton mariner
January 8, 2015, 3:43pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
He would fire us out of this league. Served his time for a case full of questionable evidence

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 135
dapperz fun pub
January 8, 2015, 3:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from promotion plaice
The wiki thing mentioning Town has been withdrawn plus previous post ( probably complaint from club or legal issues ).

Good I don't want  our club associated with a convicted rapist  in any shape or form
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 135
RoboCod
January 8, 2015, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Good Post,

but on the Hughes and Johnson, what about Suarez ?

Suarez has bitten 3? people during a footballing match, he has racially abused a player during a match, yet it is acceptable for him to sign for the biggest club in the world ?

whilst i understand what Suarez did isn't as bad as Evans, Suarez did his live on television on the pitch in front of thousands of kids !!!!

Rooney told the entire TV audience to "F**k off", and regularly kicks opponents for taking the ball off him, he got the England captaincy. Ferdinand used a racist term on a fellow player and was not only let off but given a TV pundits job.
The list goes on, but these players are money-earning objects to those in charge, nothing more, and the  'role model' idea has long since gone down the pan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 135
oldun
January 8, 2015, 4:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from sutton mariner
He would fire us out of this league. Served his time for a case full of questionable evidence

I am not sure he could. He has not played for 3 years or so and none of us know his fitness levels. Also after all he has been through is his head right and how would he cope with the constant abuse he would undoubtedly get?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 135
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 4:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from MrsMariner

Exactly, which backs up his not guilty claim, which is why he has not apologised, therefore showing no remorse.
His victim apparently wasn't capable of saying yes or no which doesn't excuse what he did, but is why he claims to be not guilty.

Oh! that's ok then.

I presume she was also incapable of saying yes or no to him getting someone to film the act.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 135
MrsMariner
January 8, 2015, 4:42pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

Oh! that's ok then.

I presume she was also incapable of saying yes or no to him getting someone to film the act.

I wasn't taking any sides I did add that it didn't excuse what he had done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 135
Abdul19
January 8, 2015, 4:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Well said 91, the role model thing is a nonsense. I didn't spend the 70s trying to be Peter Storey!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.