Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 148 Guests

Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

This thread currently has 8,905 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
December 30, 2014, 9:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
The Lower Findus bar will again be closed for the Lower Findus supporters on NYD (if the attendance is over 4k)

I am not happy about this. As potentially someone who comes to the 'Odd' game will have more right than myself (a ST holder and Trust Member) to be able to enjoy refreshments in the trust bar at half time.

Also how can the club stop people entering the bar from the lower when they don't announce the attendance until 10mins from time. As I think the attendance will be approx the 4k that is stated for non entry.

God knows what they used to do when the club was getting 5k+ fans every game in the Championship.

Shambles!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Simariner
December 30, 2014, 9:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Also mentioned about the risk of being ejected if any persistent standing

Here is the link...

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/macclesfield-tickets-update-2173933.aspx
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 9:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
What an absolute flipping joke. Supporters are being drunk all over simply for wanting to support our clubs. Football without fans is nothing.

STAND UP. Everybody that can, stand up. If not it'll get worse, we'll arrive at a time when they'll kick anyone out who's shouting chants with swearwords in them. You may jest, but I've seen old bill threaten crowds of young people in Spain with being ejected if they don't stop "abusive chants".

Standing up is not violence FFS. We've got to stand up to this "purification" of football or we'll lose the sport that was once ours. UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
December 30, 2014, 9:47pm
Guest User
People standing up does my box in.
I pay £18 for a ticket just to have numptys standing up in front of me.
It's just not acceptable and shows utter disregard fir those sat behind you.
Reply: 3 - 69
HackneyHaddock
December 30, 2014, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
The club might as well send out a letter saying "Please, whatever you do, DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IN THE GROUND.  Please take your cash to the Imperial or the Blundell Park Hotel and give it to them instead, then show up at five to three.  Once the match has finished, please kindly intercourse off the premises as soon as possible."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
LH
December 30, 2014, 9:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Stand up all game and bring your own beer in a flask - that'll learn 'em!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
December 30, 2014, 9:50pm
Guest User
And whilst you are on the subject of swearing, that's out of order too.
I take my chikdren to football and swearing in front of young children is disgusting.
My 6 year old son asked me if "t w a t" is a swear word at the last game, because he saw a grown man busting a blood vessel in anger shouting expletives
Reply: 6 - 69
davmariner
December 30, 2014, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Doubt there will be more than 4k at BP.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
HackneyHaddock
December 30, 2014, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Ascend, I think your experiences underline the case for safe standing and different fan areas.  In a football ground, there should be enough room to cater for those who want to stand, shout, sing, swear, eff, jeff, sit, spectate, applaud, drink, not drink, take the kids, take granny, go with their schoolmates, go with their dad, boo, his, do whatever they like.   It's product of the sanitisation of football that the sport has become so focussed on providing only for a few of these needs, that they end up providing for none of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
December 30, 2014, 10:00pm
Guest User
Agree with all apart from swearing.
But we have what we have for now and so people should show respect until something changes
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.