Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 168 Guests

Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

This thread currently has 8,906 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
December 31, 2014, 10:48am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from fleabag1970

Ok Ok   .............. so why was seating introduced then ?

Now this accidental death verdict has been quashed, will standing be able to come back? (Serious question)

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 69
fleabag1970
December 31, 2014, 10:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Now this accidental death verdict has been quashed, will standing be able to come back? (Serious question)

Football has become a much calmer , safer placed to be since seating was introduced IMO . Stay seated for me

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 69
Simariner
December 31, 2014, 10:58am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Understand the laws on standing in seating areas..... http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 69
MarinerWY
December 31, 2014, 10:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fleabag1970
[quote=211]

Regarding Hillsborough, it is now widely accepted that standing was not the issue: opening a gate and forcing thousands of people into an already over-capacity stand was, then subsequently refusing to open gates onto the pitch until people were already crushing to death.

ok  mr facts , why was seating introduced ??

Because of a misinformed, or misguided reaction. The truth about Hillsborough didn't officially come out until years later, by which time seating had been blamed, alongside other lies - such as the behaviour of fans, which later turned out to be fabricated.

So misguided at best, completely disingenuous at worst.

I love the fact you had a quick dig relating to "facts". I'm not sure what that implies, that facts have no value and we should base our arguments on assumption or the first thing we read or hear?
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 69
Vance Warner
December 31, 2014, 11:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from fleabag1970
I may be wrong but wasn't seating at grounds done to keep people safe ?? Anyone standing in a seated area has a total disregard for those poor souls who died going to a football match ..............

It's not the question you were asking I have an issue with it's the second part of your post. If you don't know why seating was introduced how can you make a statement that anyone standing in a seated area has a disregard for those who died?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 69
fleabag1970
December 31, 2014, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
ok , my second part was misguided and wrong , I should have known better than to start a debate around this subject ! sorry if I offended none was meant .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 69
mimma
December 31, 2014, 12:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
At the Bradford City fire, people died because they couldn't get out on to the pitch because of the seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 69
grimsby pete
December 31, 2014, 12:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Reading this thread proves how much we need the new stadium,

Just think in a few years we might have,

Safe standing area's for those  that want them,

Seats with no posts or people standing in front of them,

Enough bars around the ground for all to enjoy,

No comments from the club saying you can not do this or do that, upsetting most fans,

Roll on, let it happen soon,

Happy New Year to all fishy people.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 69
moosey_club
December 31, 2014, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mimma

If it is about overcrowding, then the toilets outside the bar will also have to be shut. Couldn't get in them after leaving the bar on Sunday!! More crowded than the bar.

Poorly designed and thought out entrance to the bar area giving little consideration to matchday use of the area, breach of CDM Regulations in reality.
You have the potential near capacity of the upper tier converging on one central pinchpoint for four different purposes, bar, toilet, refreshments, ciggy break and all trying to do that during a 15 min period...recipe for disaster and should have been identified as part of the design process when building the bar.
The club could help reduce congestion by;
Placing clear signs for the other toilet block halfway down the stairs at pontoon end
Have stewards direct and organise the queues of people at the base of the central stairway,
refreshments to queue back towards turnstiles use some of those airport style queue barriers to direct the queue, toilet queue to start back from the far side of the toilet doorway not across the bar and refreshment entrance, open the double doorway to allow free movement past queues, have updates up the stairwell as to when the bar is full to prevent people joining the back of a queue that is going nowhere...

all simple measures which could help, i am not a regular in either the stand or bar but on my visits the pinchpoint and congestion have always been there..along with people getting irate.    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 69
GTFCNick
December 31, 2014, 4:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +65
Afternoon everyone, just an attempt to clear a few things up:

Standing - We are a licenced all seater stadium, I've asked the question before with regards to safe standing and been informed that standing is not permitted unless it meets the specifications for standing stadia as per the "Green Guide". We are permitted to remove seats and have an area for standing (This requires substantial work to meet the regulations) however any subsequent promotion would require the said area to be returned to all seating in order to qualify for acceptance to the Football League. I've had numerous complaints from supporters whose view of the match was blocked for most of the game against Lincoln due to supporters standing. Why should they have to endure this? Especially as they have equally paid their money and equally are entitled to watch the match free from obstruction. Standing briefly during a exciting passage of play in understandable, standing for the full duration of the match and blocking the view of others is just completely inconsiderate.

As for the Mariners Trust Bar, this bar is and never has been fit for purpose in terms of the supporters wanting to use its facilities. There are issues nearly at every home game in and around the toilet areas, kiosk and bar. There are far too many supporters for the size of the space available and has been the bone of contention with supporters for years. On Sunday we had a female steward pushed over by a male wanting to use the ladies toilets as he did not want to queue for the gents! The facilities cannot cope with the demand and we are constantly getting fractious situations. We have toilet facilities for the Upper Findus in the stairway of Imperial Corner as well as in the vomitory of Con's Corner. These facilities never have been nor should they be made available to the Lower Findus as they are not adequate to accommodate that volume of support. The refreshment, toilet and smoking areas for the Lower are and always have been in Imperial Corner. Unfortunately the Lower Findus does not have its own bar facilities and as a result has shared the Mariners Trust Bar with the Upper Findus. Out of respect to the season ticket holders in the Lower Findus, if you would like to be relocated to the Upper for the Day then the club will happily facilitate this for you. All other supporters in the Lower will not have the Mariners Trust Bar available to them for tomorrows match. We are looking for a long term solution and will be working with the Mariners Trust on this and hopefully will resolve this issue on a permanent basis for next season. I can only apologise for any issues that this decision has caused, although I assure you all that it is for the right reasons with safety of the paramount importance.

As for sharing the Osmond Stand? I fail to understand what this would gain other than to thin support out? Some would move, some would stay with the collective voice of support diminished. Also there is no bar other than Scotties in the Osmond Stand, the other facility is franchised out to the catering vendor and used for the preparation and heating of food. This area is the only space available for visiting supporters to get a drink and food.

One further point is that we have some very decent youngsters and some very unsavoury that would attack anyone in a visitors shirt, not really an advert for loyal decent support. Nobody in their right mind would allow for the youngsters to move within such close proximity to the visitors when you cannot guarantee that their behaviour is going to be acceptable. Do we simply stand there and attempt to filter out the good from the bad? What happens if we get it wrong? We need to work collectively together to generate atmosphere, moving stands does not resolve the problem it just thins support out. I would advocate asking everyone that travels away to move together into the Pontoon and bring back the good old days of where that stand was rocking. Those that travel and congregate together on away days are spread throughout the stadium making it mission impossible to replicate.

If any supporter has any ideas with regards to a long term solution for the bars then please feel free to respond. No idea is a bad idea and you never know someone out there might have a solution that has not already been considered. Steve Wraith and I have talked with the trust today and if possible would implement changes during the season if feasible and currently do have a possible solution to discuss further with the mariners trust.

Thanks

Nick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.