Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 308 Guests

Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

This thread currently has 8,949 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 30, 2014, 11:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Someone shouted "inbred girl privates" from the family stand area during the minutes silence on Sunday...
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 11:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

People seriously have to question why they put red crosses against the above post. Who condones swearing in front of impressionable young children?

I do, if the parents choose to take their kids to a football match and not choose the designated family-friendly stand. I'm not saying parents should not take kids in other stands, I'm just saying if they do, they shouldn't be complaining that the kid has heard some swearing.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 11:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from LH
Someone shouted "inbred girl privates" from the family stand area during the minutes silence on Sunday...

And to me that's when it should be clamped down on. Signs around the Main Stand against abusive language, I'm all for zero-tolerance when it's clear and it's a designated family-friendly area. But all the ground? No.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
LH
December 30, 2014, 11:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
I agree but obviously for home sell outs people are going to be wherever they can get in. The osmond is an ideal place for this unreserved, over 18s (or 16s maybe) area to be trialled.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 69
hertfordshire mariner
December 30, 2014, 11:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from Simariner
The Lower Findus bar will again be closed for the Lower Findus supporters on NYD (if the attendance is over 4k)

I am not happy about this. As potentially someone who comes to the 'Odd' game will have more right than myself (a ST holder and Trust Member) to be able to enjoy refreshments in the trust bar at half time.

Also how can the club stop people entering the bar from the lower when they don't announce the attendance until 10mins from time. As I think the attendance will be approx the 4k that is stated for non entry.

God knows what they used to do when the club was getting 5k+ fans every game in the Championship.

Shambles!!

surely they can just put a steward on the door and click people in and out? to regulate numbers?

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
Maringer
December 30, 2014, 11:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Standing in seated areas is not safe, which is why it is banned.

Went to see a band at Manchester Arena last year and, of course, everyone was standing. Not a problem, or so I thought, until the drunk-up girl behind us lunged forwards for some reason and sent me and a mate tumbling over the seats in front. Luckily, I got away with a few cuts and bruises as did my mate, but he went half way over the balcony as well and a little bit more would have seen him drop 30 feet into the crowd below. That could have been curtains for him or somebody else.

Standing in seated areas just isn't safe - you've got no chance of stopping yourself falling forward if shoved, even accidentally, and that could lead to a domino effect in front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
December 30, 2014, 11:53pm
Guest User
I wonder what genius thought it would be a good idea to release such a statement. I can see there being a lot of ejections from BP on NYD now. Would the person who posted the threat please explain why he thought it would be beneficial to post something like this on the official website bearing in mind it would have been an normal game and people would have   sat down as normal. Now the club has put a statement like this they will get a reaction from certain areas of the crowd and have just dug a hole for themselves. Its such a shame when all the hard work the commercial department has put in and  the extra cash it has generated will be cancelled out by the amount of young Grimsby Town fans being driven away from there local team for the way they are treated.
Reply: 26 - 69
December 30, 2014, 11:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH
I agree but obviously for home sell outs people are going to be wherever they can get in. The osmond is an ideal place for this unreserved, over 18s (or 16s maybe) area to be trialled.

There was supposed to be a trial against Dartford earlier on in the season but the club went back on there word apparently.
Reply: 27 - 69
Simariner
December 31, 2014, 12:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
So two points highlighted in the statement...

I'm sure NYD game will be around the 4000 attendance (give or take)
How are the Stewards going to know if to let fans in to the lower bar or not? So at 3999 home fans it's open? And 4001 fans its shut?

I see the visiting fans stand, Lincoln, the 28 FGR and the handful of Woking fans all stood throughout the game at BP. And no doubt you'll see the 150 or so Macc fans do the same.

I personally only stand during the game when a positive attacking move, corner and goal is happening.

I'm sure the stewards ain't looking forward to NYD game as  there is surely going to be some confrontation on both points
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 69
Mariner Ronnie
December 31, 2014, 12:16am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Standing when the team has scored/on the attack is forgivable, standing throughout the game isn't.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.