Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 327 Guests

Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

This thread currently has 8,951 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 31, 2014, 12:22am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,498
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from 1739

There was supposed to be a trial against Dartford earlier on in the season but the club went back on there word apparently.

There was probably more to it than the club going back on it's word. I seem to remember it was something to do with a certificate of some sort but I've been known to talk utter balderdash before.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
mimma
December 31, 2014, 12:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Rather than release a statement just telling us that the bar will be shut, wouldn't it be nice if we had an explanation as to exactly why, who it is that is telling us to shut it. When we have all the facts, we can then start to moan & abuse whoever is responsible

As a lifelong trust member, & a share holder,  it would be nice if I was told ALL the facts.

If it is about overcrowding, then the toilets outside the bar will also have to be shut. Couldn't get in them after leaving the bar on Sunday!! More crowded than the bar.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
0ld timer
December 31, 2014, 6:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
soon to be called the upper class part time supporters bar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
1mickylyons
December 31, 2014, 8:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 120790
And whilst you are on the subject of swearing, that's out of order too.
I take my chikdren to football and swearing in front of young children is disgusting.
My 6 year old son asked me if "t w a t" is a swear word at the last game, because he saw a grown man busting a blood vessel in anger shouting expletives

I may not be the guilty party in this particular incident but I was guilty of letting rip at the FGR match before I realised a young kid was sat behind me so I apologise profusely if it was I

The unwritten law was the Pontoon/Findus swearing whilst not encouraged could be expected
Main Stand was a family stand and swearing was discouraged  

Football at one time was the one place in society where you could swear/yell abuse unabaited for 90 mins without being frowned upon in the slightest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
marinerdean
December 31, 2014, 9:00am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
If we're not allowed to stand then they need to sort seats out. My seat against Lincoln was right behind the dugout. I could not see anything other than the dugout. I'm not paying £16 to sit down and watch a dugout out all game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
NorthseaMariner
December 31, 2014, 9:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
As I've said before, I still don't see why the bar staff don't have lots of pints already pulled at half time, like most other clubs bars. Then when everyone comes in, they only need a top up and your served, instead of it being like a pub, where you've got all night to get served.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
gytone
December 31, 2014, 9:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,020
Gold Stars: 7
Disgraceful decision to shut the bar, one of the many reasons attendance's are down, also standing at matches happens all over the country, not saying it's right but I'm afraid you've got to get used to it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
Vance Warner
December 31, 2014, 10:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from fleabag1970
I may be wrong but wasn't seating at grounds done to keep people safe ?? Anyone standing in a seated area has a total disregard for those poor souls who died going to a football match ..............

Rubbish - Hillsborough happened because of inept policing. To suggest that standing up at a match is disrespectful to the dead is bang out of order
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
MarinerWY
December 31, 2014, 10:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from fleabag1970
I may be wrong but wasn't seating at grounds done to keep people safe ?? Anyone standing in a seated area has a total disregard for those poor souls who died going to a football match ..............

Regarding Hillsborough, it is now widely accepted that standing was not the issue: opening a gate and forcing thousands of people into an already over-capacity stand was, then subsequently refusing to open gates onto the pitch until people were already crushing to death.

The BBC Panorama "Hillsborough - How They Buried the Truth" is really worth watching, available on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2L_8sj6Wyc

Also I have been recommended this book many times but haven't had a chance to read it yet:
Hillsborough: The Truth, by Professor Phil Scraton
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hillsborough-Truth-Professor-Phil-Scraton/dp/1845964950

The Football Supporters Federation also states:
" Many opponents to safe standing mistakenly cite Hillsborough as a reason not to allow its introduction. However the disaster was not caused by standing; the Taylor Report primarily blamed overcrowding, stadium layout, and poor policing. It did not ban standing nor claim it was inherently unsafe."

The safe standing many talk about introducing now is very different from the days of Hillsborough, anyway, with barriers seperaing each row, preventing surges etc. and is widely used in certain other countries, Germany for example. It also can provide a cheaper ticket option, which has to be a good thing.

FSF Support Safe Standing:
http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/support-safe-standing/

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
bax
December 31, 2014, 10:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from marinerdean
If we're not allowed to stand then they need to sort seats out. My seat against Lincoln was right behind the dugout. I could not see anything other than the dugout. I'm not paying £16 to sit down and watch a dugout out all game

Then buy a ticket for one of the thousands and thousands of seats that's not got a sightline issue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.