Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 339 Guests

Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

This thread currently has 8,954 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
December 30, 2014, 10:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Ascend, I think your experiences underline the case for safe standing and different fan areas.  In a football ground, there should be enough room to cater for those who want to stand, shout, sing, swear, eff, jeff, sit, spectate, applaud, drink, not drink, take the kids, take granny, go with their schoolmates, go with their dad, boo, his, do whatever they like.   It's product of the sanitisation of football that the sport has become so focussed on providing only for a few of these needs, that they end up providing for none of them.

Throw confetti, streamers, loo roll, smoke bombs and flares  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 69
BIGChris
December 30, 2014, 10:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
It does say the bar 'may' be closed.

The problem is overcrowding. The fire regulations limit numbers to around 130 iirc?

My main anger is not about the numbers being restricted, (I understand that the world we now live in has health and safety stamped all over it) but when this was raised by the club a decision was made that the club would introduce some sort of ticketing system whereby the numbers could be controlled. Not ideal, but a way forward that once ready could be communicated properly and even if people didn't like it, they would at least be aware of it.

Seven or eight months later, nothing has happened other than (an initially wrong) announcement on the OS two days before a match!

Big strides have been made but this shows yet again that there is a hell of a long way to go before fans are treated like paying customers and not suspected criminals by some people at the club.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 10:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 120790
And whilst you are on the subject of swearing, that's out of order too.
I take my chikdren to football and swearing in front of young children is disgusting.
My 6 year old son asked me if "t w a t" is a swear word at the last game, because he saw a grown man busting a blood vessel in anger shouting expletives

I think if you are in the main stand you have every right to complain about swearing. Other stands no IMO. But in the Main the rule should be enforced.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
Simariner
December 30, 2014, 10:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
With it being a Mariners Trust Bar... Any thoughts into it being a 'Trust Members' bar only?

New trust membership will no doubt be popular then.?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 69
Marinerz93
December 30, 2014, 10:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 120790
I take my chikdren to football and swearing in front of young children is disgusting.
My 6 year old son asked me if "t w a t" is a swear word at the last game, because he saw a grown man busting a blood vessel in anger shouting expletives

It's believed have old Norse origins and modern usage see's it more of a vulgarity, is not considered a swear word, so no need to act so precious.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
GrimRob
December 30, 2014, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
It's not fair standing at games other than for brief exciting passages of play (which everyone says there aren't many of anyway!). Not everyone is capable of standing for 90 minutes and it's exluding the old and the young especially if you block their view. Have consideration for others. Not every supporter is young and male!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 69
GrimRob
December 30, 2014, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MarinerWY

I think if you are in the main stand you have every right to complain about swearing. Other stands no IMO. But in the Main the rule should be enforced.

I wasn't aware that it says in the Ground Regulations it was ok to use foul and abusive language in some stands not not others  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 69
LongEatonMariner
December 30, 2014, 11:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 120790

People seriously have to question why they put red crosses against the above post. Who condones swearing in front of impressionable young children?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 11:06pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Not every supporter is young and male!

Lasses are quite capable of standing as well Rob  

But yes, ideally there would be a section for safe standing. But I really don't like the idea of being being kicked out for standing, what if they happen to be standing to the side and not obstructing views? As someone said there is a wide-range of different things being want from a game, and just as some people should have the right to sit and not have an obscured view, others who want to stand should have their own space too...
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 11:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

I wasn't aware that it says in the Ground Regulations it was ok to use foul and abusive language in some stands not not others  

Don't see what's wrong with this. Although not stated, it's what I've always seen as the distinction between the family stand and others. At Leeds United I believe they even state in the Family Stand "Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated in this stand, it is a family stand" and on their website they certainly used to state which stands were likely to have folk who wanted to shout and swear.

I'm sorry but I'm completely against the idea of a football ground becoming a purified environment where we all sit down and clap our way through a game. Football needs to cater for diversity. If you have kids, and you don't want them to hear swearing, go in the family stand. Simple.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lower Findus Bar (Closed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.