Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,356 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
December 12, 2012, 10:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]
Now then Mr. Barralad,

You have just shown that you do not know what your talking about. Mr de Freitas is no longer my boss I am no longer a Councillor.

For your memory I had only been a Councillor for three months when I had my first clash with the council regarding the new ground situation. I clearly said to Mr De Freitas that the Council should not be standing in the way of Grimsby Towns Quest for a new football ground.

I thought numerous battles with the Council over these issues and every time came to a brick wall.

What I would like to know Mr Barralad are you in favour of a new ground or are you one of these people who come on this site just to have a go at people who are trying to change things for the better.

This football club of ours is struggling all the time to get a new football ground, it does not matter where they may be  land available it will have objections to it ever taking place.

Do you know I really believe that people in this Town would prefer this Town not to have a football club they would rather us to die and fold up.

If John Fenty had not been here  to look after the club who else would have done it.
Well done John Fenty, shame on you Barralad to even think that I did not have a go at the Council when I was Councillor regarding a new ground.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Not for me to fight Barralad`s corner Davey but you have called him 100% WRONG this time around he is Town to the core.The Council here are all backward thinking because lets face it we all know nothing gets done in GY unless your in with the funny handshake brigade or you can buy influence.Politicians are proven to be crooks the length and breadth of the Country hence many of us ordinary folk dont bother voting will Town get a new ground I dont know but I do know the shame is on the Council not the Town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 115
WetFlannel
December 12, 2012, 10:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I've always thought in between New Waltham and Holton-Le-Clay could be good, with Louth Road etc. Quite a few places near Irby that seem good too like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 115
Chris
December 13, 2012, 12:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 115
marinerian
December 13, 2012, 1:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Looking at Google Earth (Not sure how upto date it is?) there seems to be plenty of land between New Haven Terrace, Macauley Street and the Railway Line. Cromwell Road runs adjacent. An unfinished flyover is situated there too!

Near West Marsh and the Willows. An area that may be eligible for funding to redevelop?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 115
scrumble
December 13, 2012, 7:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
It doesn't matter where Town try to build, it only 5 old duffers to moan and the council will stop it. Using the excuse that they're protecting the little man would hold water if they didn't bend over backwards and take it up the rear everytime big business waved a wad of cash, then anything locals say against development is just ignored. KP, Findus on ladysmith road, that bloody great box on the docks, thousands of locals objected to each of them, but the council weren't interest.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 115
sonik
December 13, 2012, 8:25am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chris
JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.

That's your opinion. Not the right one in mine or John's if you ask him!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 115
Chris
December 13, 2012, 10:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from sonik

That's your opinion. Not the right one in mine or John's if you ask him!

You're right its my opinion, so I couldn't give two hoots if you or your brother agree or not.

Why is it not ok to develop green fields in Humberston but ut is ok to build on green fields in town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 115
VictorMeldrewsDad
December 13, 2012, 11:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / 0
How big is fentys back garden?

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 115
shotandcursed
December 14, 2012, 12:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
I still think the only problem with redeveloping bp is that it wont generate money from the sale of BP!

How can anyone object to it, its been there longer than any of the residents.  The transport facilities have been there for years and copes with crowds  as big as 20,000.  

If I was being miscjievous, I might suggest that the bp site would generate a similar amount of money to John Fenty's loans in the clu b!

Any thoughts?

Sonik?

Btw.  . . Nit having a pop. . . Just doing some  (made up on the spot) maths!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 115
grimsby pete
December 14, 2012, 10:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from shotandcursed
I still think the only problem with redeveloping bp is that it wont generate money from the sale of BP!

How can anyone object to it, its been there longer than any of the residents.  The transport facilities have been there for years and copes with crowds  as big as 20,000.  

If I was being miscjievous, I might suggest that the bp site would generate a similar amount of money to John Fenty's loans in the clu b!

Any thoughts?

Sonik?

Btw.  . . Nit having a pop. . . Just doing some  (made up on the spot) maths!

The only reason against redeveloping BP as far as I can see is parking for the conference facilities ,

This has been mention many times over the years but why can we not have a large car park the other side of the railway lines, ?

The main stand could be knocked down and a new one running the full length of the pitch built with conference facilities included,

The changing rooms to be moved to the Findus stand as originally intended

A new bridge running from the car park to the new stand and we have got everything needed,

Anybody agree or know why this would not work ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.