Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,312 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 16, 2012, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Brilliant

Quoted from shotandcursed

Someone remind me why bp cant be redeveloped

Parking is the main issue, followed by traffic and train station.

So how come massive premiere clubs ( Mancs / Scousers / Geordies / Mackems etc) have huge grounds in areas of limited parking?

Historic venues in areas where the local population (as a majority) support the local team?
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 115
GYinScuntland
December 16, 2012, 11:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from LH

Historic venues in areas where the local population (as a majority) support the local team?

You maybe missed my point, the poster was asking why BP could not be re developed and got the answer about parking etc. My point being huge clubs have limited parking around the grounds, why should it be a problem with BP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 115
rancido
December 17, 2012, 1:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
There's plenty of land available around Euro Park. Surely they need it all for industrial units, it would take forever to fill it.

As the park is developed it will need some sort of retail facilities, cafes etc, & the local bussineses would use the confrence facilities of the stadium. All this could be included in the new stadium.

All land to the Humber side of the A180 is reserved for industrial use only.This was a decision made after the end of the Second world War.The logic behind the continuation of this train of thought is that in the event of any chemical/industrial disaster you would only have a small amount of people to evacuate from the area. If you had a football ground or housing then the consequences could be devastating and chaotic with large numbers of people concentrated in a relatively small area. This is not my opinion , only that of the authorities that decide these things.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 115
mariner91
December 17, 2012, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Andrew De Freitas actually use to go and watch Town on a reguler basis, could never understand why he seemed to object to a new ground.

I have to say that I do not think it will ever happen in my life time. Sonic is quite correct sticking up for his brother, who I will once again say if he John Fenty was not on the board at this present time I dread to think where G.T.F.C would be
newfootballer

So why didn't you ask him the question if you couldn't understand his reasoning?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 115
scrumble
December 17, 2012, 7:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Chris
JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there allotments next to the Macauley site?

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 115
cleefish
December 17, 2012, 7:57pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
what about were scather bath are when they come down plenty of room there. utmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 115
gaz57
December 17, 2012, 8:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Andrew De Freitas actually use to go and watch Town on a reguler basis, could never understand why he seemed to object to a new ground.

I have to say that I do not think it will ever happen in my life time. Sonic is quite correct sticking up for his brother, who I will once again say if he John Fenty was not on the board at this present time I dread to think where G.T.F.C would be
newfootballer

The football league?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 115
ivanosandwich
December 18, 2012, 11:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Although I didn't see it personally, Radio Hullberside were running a story on their Breakfast show this morning about the KC Stadium and the fact that it is 10 years old this week. They were interviewing a councillor (I think) and asking how the stadium has helped the local area and economy.

I think a listen on the iPlayer is called for later as it will be interesting to know how it could also be a benefit to us, if we ever get one built!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 115
rancido
December 19, 2012, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Although I didn't see it personally, Radio Hullberside were running a story on their Breakfast show this morning about the KC Stadium and the fact that it is 10 years old this week. They were interviewing a councillor (I think) and asking how the stadium has helped the local area and economy.

I think a listen on the iPlayer is called for later as it will be interesting to know how it could also be a benefit to us, if we ever get one built!

The new owner was on Calendar last night stating that Hull need a new ground if they want Premiersh*t football !!!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 115
grimsby pete
December 19, 2012, 12:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

The new owner was on Calendar last night stating that Hull need a new ground if they want Premiersh*t football !!!!!

How about a ground share with Hull ?

Somewhere between Barnetby top and Great Coates.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.