Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 62 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,321 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 16, 2012, 12:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Andrew De Freitas actually use to go and watch Town on a reguler basis, could never understand why he seemed to object to a new ground.
I have to say that I do not think it will ever happen in my life time. Sonic is quite correct sticking up for his brother, who I will once again say if he John Fenty was not on the board at this present time I dread to think where G.T.F.C would be
newfootballer

Isn't De Freitas a LibDem and therefore a member of a party who like to take the middle road and try not to upset anybody. As a consequence they usually upset everybody. I seem to recall a quote from a leading politician some years ago with reference to the Liberal Party( I can't recall who ) that went " when you stand in the middle of the road both sides run you over ".
It's not just De Freitas though , councillors from all parties over many decades have shown very little support for the needs of GTFC. They forget that as well as a sporting club GTFC are also employers and probably comparable to a small to medium business in industry either manufacturing or support based.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 115
TAGG
December 16, 2012, 3:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
    Quoted from Chris
   JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.

Quoted from sonic
That's your opinion. Not the right one in mine or John's if you ask him!

I don't think its Chris's opinion it may be more of a fact.
At the start of this fred I suggested the old 9 holes in Humberston.
Fenty is allied with a load of NIMBYS from Humberston so how can he have any kind of credibility in any planning application for a new stadium. People will just turn around and say Fenty didn't want 400 homes in his back yard so why the fook should we have a football ground in ours.
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....19-detail/story.html

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 115
newfootballer
December 16, 2012, 4:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from TAGG
    Quoted from Chris
   JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.

Quoted from sonic
That's your opinion. Not the right one in mine or John's if you ask him!

I don't think its Chris's opinion it may be more of a fact.
At the start of this fred I suggested the old 9 holes in Humberston.
Fenty is allied with a load of NIMBYS from Humberston so how can he have any kind of credibility in any planning application for a new stadium. People will just turn around and say Fenty didn't want 400 homes in his back yard so why the fook should we have a football ground in ours.
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....19-detail/story.html

What a sad person you are, end of story.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 115
craigy
December 16, 2012, 6:38pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
I like the idea of the old airfield being used, it would support the already situated checkered flags and the driving range there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 115
1mickylyons
December 16, 2012, 6:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from EY Mariner
The best site for a new stadium is the one that was scuppered by misguided do-gooders in the allegedly peaceful village sited beautifully between a noisy dual carriageway and trans-Pennine railway line, garnished with plenty of nearby heavy industry. Probably only Brighton have been so badly let down by their political leaders as we have been.

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 115
mimma
December 16, 2012, 8:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
There's plenty of land available around Euro Park. Surely they need it all for industrial units, it would take forever to fill it.

As the park is developed it will need some sort of retail facilities, cafes etc, & the local bussineses would use the confrence facilities of the stadium. All this could be included in the new stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 115
December 16, 2012, 9:00pm
Guest User
Let's stop flipping about peakes parkway is being looked at how much more time do we want to waste on this? its an ideal central location walking distance for many, get a Frank and Bennys and a toys r us lined up alongside, throw in a new ice ring or bowling alley and you've got a central hub of entertainment, lets get the idea of an out of town development out of our heads because lets be honest knowing what the people are like in this town once the novelty has worn off nobody's going to be arsed with the traveling, other out of town stadiums struggle with keeping the initial support but on the other hand rotherhams has a central location and their gates have shot up and been fairly consistent.
Reply: 96 - 115
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 16, 2012, 9:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from 2578
Let's stop flipping about peakes parkway is being looked at how much more time do we want to waste on this? its an ideal central location walking distance for many, get a Frank and Bennys and a toys r us lined up alongside, throw in a new ice ring or bowling alley and you've got a central hub of entertainment, lets get the idea of an out of town development out of our heads because lets be honest knowing what the people are like in this town once the novelty has worn off nobody's going to be arsed with the traveling, other out of town stadiums struggle with keeping the initial support but on the other hand rotherhams has a central location and their gates have shot up and been fairly consistent.

Exaclty, People will always have fears about new development but its never going to be as bad as they say, stop listening to them and just build you won't get anywhere otherwise. Imagine if they were like this in london, we'd be a third world country but at least it would be nice for nostalgic old people to visit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 115
TAGG
December 16, 2012, 11:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from newfootballer

What a sad person you are, end of story.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Tut tut David. I know you think the sun shines out of Fentys ring despite him overseeing Towns worst ever slump.

So are you saying that in any application for a new stadium any objectors are not going to mention that he was at the forefront of objecting to building 400 new homes in his back yard????????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 115
GYinScuntland
December 16, 2012, 11:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Tommy
Milton Keynes  

Brilliant

Quoted from shotandcursed

Someone remind me why bp cant be redeveloped

Parking is the main issue, followed by traffic and train station.

So how come massive premiere clubs ( Mancs / Scousers / Geordies / Mackems etc) have huge grounds in areas of limited parking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.