Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,357 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
agrimevertonian
December 11, 2012, 5:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -27
Macauley Tip has to be up there but let me through a googly into the mix and "Ladysmith Road" a large area of occupied land that could be made available.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 115
moosey_club
December 11, 2012, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from agrimevertonian
Macauley Tip has to be up there but let me through a googly into the mix and "Ladysmith Road" a large area of occupied land that could be made available.......

Awful traffic, not enough room for a stadium and supporting retail businesses and surrounded by NIMBYs

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 115
newfootballer
December 11, 2012, 8:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from marinerian
There must be somwhere we can build a bloody stadium, christ we have enough fields around us and a few shitholes than can be knocked down.

I say knock down Freshney Place, we need a newer shiny Shopping Centre, build a new Ground and shoping Centre and Town can hire out retail units....God this building planning lark is easy  

What a good idea that would be ideal, now I will wait for the feedback to say that there has been a rare bird flown in that area and you will have to wait twenty years to give the bird a chance to make more birds before you can build on that site.

This football club has put up the most crazy objections to a new ground which by the way will help the local community. The Council should just be strong and back the football club, but it will not happen.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 115
grimsby pete
December 11, 2012, 8:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
What we should do is knock the multi storey flats down  and rebuild all of Freeman St,

Another option is to say we will build the 600 houses needed to replace the flats at peakes parkway,

Lets see if they would want a football stadium that is in use 26 times a year,

OR

600 Houses with all the noise and kids 24/7.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 115
marinerian
December 12, 2012, 12:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]
[/b]
What a good idea that would be ideal, now I will wait for the feedback to say that there has been a rare bird flown in that area and you will have to wait twenty years to give the bird a chance to make more birds before you can build on that site.

This football club has put up the most crazy objections to a new ground which by the way will help the local community. The Council should just be strong and back the football club, but it will not happen.
NEWFOOTBALLER

The rare/new bird will be named a Right mammary, after the muppet who would have claimed to have spotted it crapping on his/her car.

There must be a site somewhere, Town can build on, though The Freshney Place idea, I came up with is clearly the best  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 115
Mrs Doyle
December 12, 2012, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
"What we should do is knock the multi storey flats down  and rebuild all of Freeman St,"

Pete if only you knew what's been going on recently at Nelson House, this is essentially the old peoples dwelling. They have had a lift out of action around 5 weeks now still waiting for a spare part so shoreline keep saying,

They have had the water cut off several times still a long standing issue with supply problems or pump problems and the icing on the cake, they lost all the electricity effectively cutting them off because the one remaining lift became out of action. NO BACK UP SUPPLY???

To make maters even worse I can't verify this but some residents claimed NO EMERGENCY LIGHTING CAME ON during the power outage no door ways or stairways were lit up. WHAT!

The lift was still out of action yesterday and the water supply intermittent your right they should rehouse these people and pull the bloody lot down.

I was talking to one old lady who is wheelchair bound and she is on one of the higher floors??? This can't be right or safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 115
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 12, 2012, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
As said above, knocking down freemo, ruby square etc could be very practical. Not bad transport links (gy docks train station, straight off the a180) and could also breath new fire into what is essentially on its bottom. The whole area could be redeveloped, agreed, but what would happen to residents living in the proximity??? for this reason, it would be a non starter.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 115
grimsby pete
December 12, 2012, 11:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
"What we should do is knock the multi storey flats down  and rebuild all of Freeman St,"

Pete if only you knew what's been going on recently at Nelson House, this is essentially the old peoples dwelling. They have had a lift out of action around 5 weeks now still waiting for a spare part so shoreline keep saying,

They have had the water cut off several times still a long standing issue with supply problems or pump problems and the icing on the cake, they lost all the electricity effectively cutting them off because the one remaining lift became out of action. NO BACK UP SUPPLY???

To make maters even worse I can't verify this but some residents claimed NO EMERGENCY LIGHTING CAME ON during the power outage no door ways or stairways were lit up. WHAT!

The lift was still out of action yesterday and the water supply intermittent your right they should rehouse these people and pull the bloody lot down.

I was talking to one old lady who is wheelchair bound and she is on one of the higher floors??? This can't be right or safe.

I was an working as an apprentice for Wimpey on those flats 1963-1966 before going on to build the willows estate,

I did not know a lot in those days but I thought they were a bit jerry built,

They must be ready to be pulled down now and people given homes fit for the 21st century.

Then we can build our new ground there.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 115
barralad
December 12, 2012, 9:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from newfootballer
  Well I have to say this, the feed back that Grimsby Town get to any decent area in Grimsby or Cleethorpes that they focus on for building a new football ground, it gets hammered straight away.

I just wonder and it might be worth asking a few of these clubs who have been through the experiance but have achieved their goal and got a new stadiumn built is ask them how they did it, because I cannot see it happening in my lifetime in Grimsby.

What is the problem in this area, do we not want to progress for the future of G.T.F.C. I am sure that the club will share the new stadiumn with a local Council  involvment in other words so it is not just a football ground, maybe other local sports sharing the facilities.

I know it is old hat but I do not want to see my club fall away into just a memory of what Grimsby Town use to be. We must find a solution to the problems we have in finding the space required for the new ground.

My home club Manchester City got rid off Maine Road and have built a new stadiumn and sharing it with the local council, well come on lets get our heads together or else I fear the worst long time

NEWFOOTBALLER

Perhaps you should direct that question to your "boss" Mr de Freitas

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 115
newfootballer
December 12, 2012, 9:53pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from barralad

Perhaps you should direct that question to your "boss" Mr de Freitas

Now then Mr. Barralad,

You have just shown that you do not know what your talking about. Mr de Freitas is no longer my boss I am no longer a Councillor.

For your memory I had only been a Councillor for three months when I had my first clash with the council regarding the new ground situation. I clearly said to Mr De Freitas that the Council should not be standing in the way of Grimsby Towns Quest for a new football ground.

I thought numerous battles with the Council over these issues and every time came to a brick wall.

What I would like to know Mr Barralad are you in favour of a new ground or are you one of these people who come on this site just to have a go at people who are trying to change things for the better.

This football club of ours is struggling all the time to get a new football ground, it does not matter where they may be  land available it will have objections to it ever taking place.

Do you know I really believe that people in this Town would prefer this Town not to have a football club they would rather us to die and fold up.

If John Fenty had not been here  to look after the club who else would have done it.
Well done John Fenty, shame on you Barralad to even think that I did not have a go at the Council when I was Councillor regarding a new ground.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.