Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,214 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Squarkus
December 14, 2012, 10:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris

You're right its my opinion, so I couldn't give two hoots if you or your brother agree or not.

Why is it not ok to develop green fields in Humberston but ut is ok to build on green fields in town?

Go on the planning portal and reserch what developments are ongoing
that are not complete, i,e Scartho Top, 250 more homes to build there, they have been building on this site for 12 years, what is the point in having more developments that are part done and not finished, finish off what is granted at the moment. Also if you Google the rear of fenty,s house you will see there has been housing developed to the rear of his property, have you heard him moan No, So quite clearly you are just having a go at Fenty yet again, WE NEED A NEW STADIUM, I PEARSONALY DONT GIVE THREE HOOTS WHERE IT IS SO LONG AS WE GET ONE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 115
Marinerz93
December 14, 2012, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]
Now then Mr. Barralad,

For your memory I had only been a Councillor for three months when I had my first clash with the council regarding the new ground situation. I clearly said to Mr De Freitas that the Council should not be standing in the way of Grimsby Towns Quest for a new football ground.

I thought numerous battles with the Council over these issues and every time came to a brick wall.

What I would like to know Mr Barralad are you in favour of a new ground or are you one of these people who come on this site just to have a go at people who are trying to change things for the better.

Do you know I really believe that people in this Town would prefer this Town not to have a football club they would rather us to die and fold up.

As Micky says you've got Barra 100% wrong in your post, a regular at the majority of home and away games.

Rather than having a go at Barra, start a new thread or even write an article for the fishy stating what clashes you had and who stood in the way of GTFC.  This will be far more productive and open a few eyes to who these people are who are not only strangling the club but the Town.

There are two types of people in this town who don't want GTFC, people who don't care about football and arm chair premiership fans.  They both have something in common though, a lack of pride in Grimsby and a lack of sense of community.  One of these factors is the result of the clowncil idiots who suggest we move then spend all their time putting up blockers.

Oust those clowncillors Dave, tell your story about them.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 115
Southwark Mariner
December 14, 2012, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
With Scartho Baths and the new sports centre along Cromwell Road, i get the feeling the council don't listen to the people. Which is a good thing as they seem like they want GTFC on Peaks Parkway so won't listen when people object. Job done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 115
Dan
December 14, 2012, 11:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
The Macualay site seems perfect as the transport infrastructure was upgraded in anticipation of development on there. It's still 'in town' so to speak - far much more than Peaks parkway / Waltham Airfield / Great Coates anyway, but it's also relatively out of the way of housing so there shouldn't be too many residents complaints. There's plenty of space for enabling developments such as hotels, food outlets, or a retail site, especially since anyone coming into the town will pretty much have to pass it on their way in and out. I can only think there's a very good reason why any development on there has stalled. I remember they were talking about making a millenium park there, with cinemas and all that kind of stuff which stalled 15 years ago.

Since I don't work in planning, I can't say if it's simply a finance issue or to do with underlying issues with the land itself which is probably quite toxic, but since various things have been planned on there in the past, and work has even commenced then stalled, it must at least be an option. Maybe the land is just too expensive.

I can't think of anywhere else better situated, available, and feasible though.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 115
costa del cleethorpes
December 14, 2012, 12:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from Chris
JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

Alternatively, there are government grants available if areas of high deprivation at being developed so the macauley tip was always an option. It isn't being considered because it isn't what Fenty wants but it makes far more sense than building it on peakes parkway.

i can just imagine all the yorkie mobs running down humbo ave   perhaps mayor shaw could extend his toy railway to say north sea lane shops or even to that health club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 115
1mickylyons
December 14, 2012, 2:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
I have given Fenty some grief for things various over the years but regarding a new ground he deserves backing to the hilt.The Council for example insisted on GTFC carrying out a feasability study that cost in excess of £1m and low and behold decided upon Great Coates as the most suitable site and now a decade later Peaks Parkway?The most sensible thing to do in my opinion is come up with half a dozen suitable sites and let the Public decide by voting process which is the most suitable.In effect only Town fans and people living in or around the proposed sites are gonna be arsed to vote reducing probably 100k votes down to about 10-15k.That is surely viable you have booths set up at the Town Hall for say 7 days where people can vote and at the end of it if for example the Public decide Peaks Parkway motion carried and build HWAT THE intercourse IS THE HOLD UP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 115
Marinerz93
December 14, 2012, 3:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Dan
The Macualay site seems perfect as the transport infrastructure was upgraded in anticipation of development on there.

Since I don't work in planning, I can't say if it's simply a finance issue or to do with underlying issues with the land itself which is probably quite toxic, but since various things have been planned on there in the past, and work has even commenced then stalled, it must at least be an option. Maybe the land is just too expensive.

I can't think of anywhere else better situated, available, and feasible though.

I think someone mentioned before Arsenic being dumped there and just the nature of a tip with other toxic pollutants and leachate (Leachate is any liquid that, in passing through matter, extracts solutes, suspended solids or any other component of the material through which it has
passed
.) which, will be quite expensive to clean up (remediate the land).

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 115
rancido
December 14, 2012, 4:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think someone mentioned before Arsenic being dumped there and just the nature of a tip with other toxic pollutants and leachate (Leachate is any liquid that, in passing through matter, extracts solutes, suspended solids or any other component of the material through which it has
passed
.) which, will be quite expensive to clean up (remediate the land).

The supposed presence of toxic pollutants and leachates can't be that much of a problem because the owners of the land are proposing some kind of wildlife/country park there as mentioned in the GET recently.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 115
Marinerz93
December 14, 2012, 4:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

The supposed presence of toxic pollutants and leachates can't be that much of a problem because the owners of the land are proposing some kind of wildlife/country park there as mentioned in the GET recently.

I did see that but I can't remember if it was a proposal after they had cleaned it up or not.  If Town did get it, some of that land could contain a country park, it's a massive site.  Who owns the land and would they sell it?

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 115
rancido
December 14, 2012, 4:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
A lot of that ground drains into the River Freshney and that doesn't seem to affect it judging by the amount of fish and waterlife in it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.