Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,355 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
cleefish
December 10, 2012, 7:52pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from chaos33
Here's my suggestions:

Back of Scaffa Baths
The site that was RAF Binbrook
Where Tesco is - knock that down first though
Sydney Park
Next to the Boating Lake
Where Wonderland used to be
Humberston Avenue
King George Stadium site

myself I would go for Wonderland site just the job for away fans not many away fans would relish a night match on cleethorpes seafront but scaffa bath site seems good also.utmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 115
December 10, 2012, 7:54pm
Guest User
Transport links are poor around Scartho baths Rancido. Can't see that one. That said, Peaks Parkway has been shite since this new speed limit was brought in.
Reply: 41 - 115
December 10, 2012, 7:54pm
Guest User
Transport links are poor around Scartho baths Rancido. Can't see that one. That said, Peaks Parkway has been shite since this new speed limit was brought in.
Reply: 42 - 115
wigworld
December 10, 2012, 7:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from cleefish

myself I would go for Wonderland site just the job for away fans not many away fans would relish a night match on cleethorpes seafront.

Not many home fans would either!

Personally, I think that, given the large number of exiles who travel to home matches, a site near the A180 makes most sense - somewhere round Great Coates perhaps?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 115
rancido
December 10, 2012, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 75

Maybe , but there are more bus routes going past the baths than there are going down the parkway.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 115
Meza
December 10, 2012, 7:58pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from rancido
We seem to have had a succession of backward thinking councils for as long as I can remember. It doesn't seem to matter what political persuasion they are they all seem to morph into the same backward thinking monster. As JF said , a docks site is out of the question because of the exhorbitant cost of filling in the Fish Dock. Freeman street would be a nightmare because the land is owned by various individual entities. Anywhere north of the A180 , on the Humber Bank strip , would be a non-starter because that land is reserved for industrial use only. The Parkway seems a good option but who knows what will happen after the viability study is completed. Wherever it is ,the plans should be cast in stone so that if we have a change of council the long term plan remains the same. If the council are so hell bent on flattening Scartho Baths then why not that site ?

Yeah I saw that on look north (yet again no grimsby on sport just hull and scunny) but residents want to keep it but the councillors don't want to listen because they have there own ideas and plans and there is no one who can stop them.  I hate politians etc why can't things be decided by the public.  They are adamant in building a new centre somewhere else yet we have grimsby leisure and cleethorpes leisure are these not good enough? Do we need 3 swimming pools ?  Can't schools be used that have swimming pools, anyway I think a petition at the ground for home and away fans will increase the vote for a new ground think about all the different away fans that may sign it.  Having said that these councillors will do what they please.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 115
moosey_club
December 10, 2012, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from petethemariner
I think Moosey has  come up with a great suggestion in Waltham Airfield - there is hundreds of acres of totally unused land there that has just sat derelict for decades, enough for a ground and retail units/ hotel, or whatever is needed to make a new ground feasible, not the perfect place road  access wise, but then again neither is Peakes Parkway.

Been saying this for years, its on the A16 corridor, opens the door to more of lincolnshire to come take a look, no real housing in close vacinity, especially if you construct nearer the a16 side, existing cheapside facility could be retained for use and its a brownfield site so less red tape to overcome.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 115
Mrs Doyle
December 11, 2012, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Macauley Tip is a great call. It looks like great coates is a no goer and Peaks parkway as so many problems, The Docks are inaccessible for security issues.

Macauley Tip is right off the a180 ideal fast getaway. Fast food outlets and a prem inn on the door step it is not going to interfere with the town centre. Would liven up a run down area. I am sure the nearby rail could be adapted via a bus route.

The old tip is not ideal for building houses (known issues with building on old rubbish tips) but would be ideal for a sports stadium and a icon for Grimsby.

Imagine driving in off the M180/A180 and seeing the floodlights all lit up amazing sight.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE WAITING FOR?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 115
TAGG
December 11, 2012, 8:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
The old 9 hole at Humberston. The NIMBYS have stopped houses being built there so its got to be used for something  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 115
grimsby pete
December 11, 2012, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Macauley Tip is a great call. It looks like great coates is a no goer and Peaks parkway as so many problems, The Docks are inaccessible for security issues.

Macauley Tip is right off the a180 ideal fast getaway. Fast food outlets and a prem inn on the door step it is not going to interfere with the town centre. Would liven up a run down area. I am sure the nearby rail could be adapted via a bus route.

The old tip is not ideal for building houses (known issues with building on old rubbish tips) but would be ideal for a sports stadium and a icon for Grimsby.

Imagine driving in off the M180/A180 and seeing the floodlights all lit up amazing sight.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE WAITING FOR?

I can see the headlines now, the first time we lose at home,

Grimsby play rubbish on tip !!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.