Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 47 Guests

WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

This thread currently has 21,351 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
December 14, 2012, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....59-detail/story.html

Not that i trust a single word the telegraph write of course, but there's an overview of the plans for the Macaulay lane site.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 115
Marinerz93
December 14, 2012, 6:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
That's the one Dan, it was cyanide I meant not Arsenic.  To remediate these they will have to drill 10 to 20 bore holes to see how far the contamination is spread and obviously it will all depend on the levels of trace toxins.  

As reported, tests on the former rubbish tip had revealed traces of deadly chemicals such as ammonia and cyanide, which council environmental advisers said need further monitoring before they can be deemed safe for development.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 115
Chris
December 14, 2012, 9:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus

Go on the planning portal and reserch what developments are ongoing
that are not complete, i,e Scartho Top, 250 more homes to build there, they have been building on this site for 12 years, what is the point in having more developments that are part done and not finished, finish off what is granted at the moment. Also if you Google the rear of fenty,s house you will see there has been housing developed to the rear of his property, have you heard him moan No, So quite clearly you are just having a go at Fenty yet again, WE NEED A NEW STADIUM, I PEARSONALY DONT GIVE THREE HOOTS WHERE IT IS SO LONG AS WE GET ONE.

So build it in Humberston then, I dare ya!

I'm having a go at Fenty yet again? Fenty is the one insisting Peakes Parkway is now the only place to build but I disagree. I'm using examples of double standards in his argument because he is objecting to developing green fields in Humberston yet wanting to bulldoze a green field on Peakes. Is no one allowed to disagree with Mr Fenty?? I think its necessary for people to speak their mind and express their opinions instead of just accepting what Councillors tell them, especially so with Fenty who trends to be surrounded by yes men!

Councillors need to remember they are there to SERVE and NOT dictate.

If a new stadium really will benefit the club and the community, then I too would like a new stadium but NOT on Peakes Parkway. There are better locations IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 115
Chris
December 14, 2012, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I have given Fenty some grief for things various over the years but regarding a new ground he deserves backing to the hilt.The Council for example insisted on GTFC carrying out a feasability study that cost in excess of £1m and low and behold decided upon Great Coates as the most suitable site and now a decade later Peaks Parkway?The most sensible thing to do in my opinion is come up with half a dozen suitable sites and let the Public decide by voting process which is the most suitable.In effect only Town fans and people living in or around the proposed sites are gonna be arsed to vote reducing probably 100k votes down to about 10-15k.That is surely viable you have booths set up at the Town Hall for say 7 days where people can vote and at the end of it if for example the Public decide Peaks Parkway motion carried and build HWAT THE intercourse IS THE HOLD UP?

Depends how you "market" the options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 115
sonik
December 15, 2012, 12:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chris

So build it in Humberston then, I dare ya!

I'm having a go at Fenty yet again? Fenty is the one insisting Peakes Parkway is now the only place to build but I disagree. I'm using examples of double standards in his argument because he is objecting to developing green fields in Humberston yet wanting to bulldoze a green field on Peakes. Is no one allowed to disagree with Mr Fenty?? I think its necessary for people to speak their mind and express their opinions instead of just accepting what Councillors tell them, especially so with Fenty who trends to be surrounded by yes men!

Councillors need to remember they are there to SERVE and NOT dictate.

If a new stadium really will benefit the club and the community, then I too would like a new stadium but NOT on Peakes Parkway. There are better locations IMHO.

Chris.   Just a few snippets from post of yours that sound like what's highligted above.

You're right its my opinion, so I couldn't give two hoots if you or your brother agree or not.

JF is happy to develop anywhere but in his own back yard so instead of building the 400 proposed houses on the green belt in humberston he is so keen to protect, I propose the stadium gets built there instead.

I am against the Stadium being at Peaks Parkway.

Maybe we should build it in Humberston instead of the 400 houses that a certain Conservative councillor is against. NIMBYism comes in all shapes and sizes doesn't it?

I'm somewhat unsure as to the influence and therefore what difference the good men of the Trust board will achieve with a seat of the board of GTFC as the football club is ran by JF and JF alone. His word is King, some will say rightly so given that it is his money (or his loans) that continue to keep the club going IN ITS CURRENT FORM.

Fella, I didnt pay anything to "be on the board", nor did I say I had any power (what a poxy joke that is) nor did I say it made be better than anyone.

I simply stated, as is the truth, that I dont dance to anyones tune. I dont. If Fenty or anyone else asks me to do something I dont want to do, then I wont do it. Get over yourself. Come and meet me for a coffee and then you can call me a bell end if thats what you think I am.  ( A spat with gtfc98 )
Meet for a coffee did you?

So many feasibility studies have been and gone over the years and Peaks Parkway has come out on top for now. Not just because John's say so as you seem to think. We need to be self funding as you also say time and again. Don't we all?  That will never happen while we are at Blundell Park so a move sooner rather that later needs to happen. I think you are slightly unfair in some of your posts that are above and sorry that you seemed fit to resign from the Trust Board mid year. I believe that the Trust has made great strides and do a fantastic job for the good of the fans and football club as a whole. We now have a fantastic chance at last to have some success on and of the field so I hope we can all pull in the same direction to achieve it!

Up The Mariners!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 115
Chris
December 15, 2012, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Steve, with respect, you have no idea why I stepped down from the trust and I have no idea why you felt the need to bring it up. I don't agree with PP as the best location and im not alone.

I have no problem with JF personally and as far as I know neither has he with me, im sure I'll know about it if he does.

Can't you just accept that people can aim for the same thing but disagree on how that is achieved?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 115
EY Mariner
December 16, 2012, 1:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
The best site for a new stadium is the one that was scuppered by misguided do-gooders in the allegedly peaceful village sited beautifully between a noisy dual carriageway and trans-Pennine railway line, garnished with plenty of nearby heavy industry. Probably only Brighton have been so badly let down by their political leaders as we have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 115
barralad
December 16, 2012, 7:52am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from EY Mariner
The best site for a new stadium is the one that was scuppered by misguided do-gooders in the allegedly peaceful village sited beautifully between a noisy dual carriageway and trans-Pennine railway line, garnished with plenty of nearby heavy industry. Probably only Brighton have been so badly let down by their political leaders as we have been.

THIS: And this is exactly why you should have asked the question of Mr De Freitas, Mr Boylen....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 115
newfootballer
December 16, 2012, 8:57am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from barralad

THIS: And this is exactly why you should have asked the question of Mr De Freitas, Mr Boylen....

Andrew De Freitas actually use to go and watch Town on a reguler basis, could never understand why he seemed to object to a new ground.

I have to say that I do not think it will ever happen in my life time. Sonic is quite correct sticking up for his brother, who I will once again say if he John Fenty was not on the board at this present time I dread to think where G.T.F.C would be
newfootballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 115
petethemariner
December 16, 2012, 11:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Earlier on this thread Moosey suggested Waltham Airfield, which i agreed with - noticing i have put a few pounds on i decided to go for a bike ride this morning - my route took me over the Airfield and i can tell you that short of the 180, which looks increasingly unlikely, the airfield site is absolutely perfect for a stadium plus retail/hotel & leisure complex - if you situated the ground towards the centre of that massive plot you would be upwards of a mile away from any housing, Waltham golf course borders one side, fields border  another, leading to Toll bar school, another side gives you the Grimsby - Louth road, so there is infrastructure there and the final side is just open fields.
D'ont know who owns the land, but i suspect with it being an ex RAF base it would be in public ownership, that huge area is crying out for redevelopment - if Fenty & co haven't considered that plot, they really should.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WELL WHERE DO YOU THINK GTFC NEW GROUND SHOULD BE

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.