This thread currently has 8,859 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Total Football
February 26, 2012, 5:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from 1600
Yeah but remember what Hurst said about Duffy - that he needs a run in the side.

Let's face it, they're rusty because they haven't played - hardly suprising !

Even Bradley Wood didn't look his usual self.
Maybe cos he was out of position but not often you say that.
Think he should have started RB and judging by Silks 1st half, maybe he should have.

lets face it your up duffys ar$e and he was shite. cant you just accept he aint good enough.wounder why after his performace fans do give him crap.  he was gash and over weight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 7:09pm
Guest User
I said he had a rubbish game - how is that being up his ar$e ?

People keep saying I'm a big Duffy fan but I'm not at all, I just think some players get more stick for a bad game depending on who they are.

I can fully understand Dufy doesn't fit the "try your heart out" profile most Town fans including myself respect.
I was hacked off myself by him seemingly strolling around at times but that's the type of player he is and maybe it's not quite as black and white as Hurst points out when he talks about a run in the side.
That might be why he's overweight and he's done well recently as an impact sub.

Anyone can have a bad game - look at his overall contribution and give him a break.  

Reply: 91 - 103
pontoonlew
February 26, 2012, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Total Football

lets face it your up duffys ar$e and he was shite. cant you just accept he aint good enough.wounder why after his performace fans do give him crap.  he was gash and over weight.

Your one of 'them' aren't you? The sort of fan who comes in hope that a player like Duffy has a bad game so you can give your brain dead opinion to them. Same fans who happily celebrate his goal and will remain silent (apart from booing them onto the pitch of course) for the rest of the time until they do something wrong. I wonder why fans give him crap actually, I wonder why a fan would give any of their own players crap.

It's fine to say they had a bad game, that's your opinion, but there is no place at this club for abusing players. Because all players can turn around, the masterminds in the Pontoon booed a certain Mr Elding at the start of the season for no reason, that's an Elding fact. 9 goals this season tells me that Duffy is a vital cogg in this side, despite being a bit part at times. Booing him and abusing him makes you look a pathetic imbecile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from pontoonlew

Your one of 'them' aren't you? The sort of fan who comes in hope that a player like Duffy has a bad game so you can give your brain dead opinion to them. Same fans who happily celebrate his goal and will remain silent (apart from booing them onto the pitch of course) for the rest of the time until they do something wrong. I wonder why fans give him crap actually, I wonder why a fan would give any of their own players crap.

It's fine to say they had a bad game, that's your opinion, but there is no place at this club for abusing players. Because all players can turn around, the masterminds in the Pontoon booed a certain Mr Elding at the start of the season for no reason, that's an Elding fact. 9 goals this season tells me that Duffy is a vital cogg in this side, despite being a bit part at times. Booing him and abusing him makes you look a pathetic imbecile.
Plus we lost a game and its pick on Makofo this time

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Duffy was bright for the first 20 minutes then he got a bang on the head and spent the rest of the first half looking for someone to blame. Truth is that he would have had a tap in if Hearn hadn't been greedy and everyone would have been raving about him. Duffy was no worse than Coulson, Church, Wood, Disley or Silk yesterday.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
mariner83
February 26, 2012, 9:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well said!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 95 - 103
Tommy
February 26, 2012, 10:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Bit late in getting on here to put my views on so apologies if i'm just repeating what's been said by others.

It was a very tight game and i think 0-0 would have been the fairest result judged on how the game panned out.
It seemed like York had most of the possession first half and worked it well between them right up until the final third, where they didn't quite have the guile to create many chances and our back 4 defended well.
The gap between our defence and midfield was too small which resulted in the York midfield having much more time on the ball when it came out to them than they should have had. It kept us solid and tight at the back but i'd have liked us as the home side to press them a bit more because in all honesty i don't think they would have had it in them to keep playing football under pressure.

Chambers and Blair the two wide forwards caused us problems with their movement when they came in off the flanks and drifted inside or behind Walker. York's number 8 in the middle was a good player but as the spare man when in possession it seemed he was afforded the same luxury role in their team as Power has for Lincoln.

For their possession in the first half i thought we had the best two chances of the half. Hearn having two shots from inside the box on the inside right channel - one was a great low save.
Second half was much more even in terms of possession and we pinned them back at times without creating too much still though.

Thanoj impressed me again (my MOM) and plays plenty of good balls into strikers' feet. This will be more evident when Elding is back in the side and there's more movement up front. Duffy unfortunately offered zero in terms of movement and anticipating play again and, for me, showed why he is a decent option to bring off the bench but doesn't offer enough to start matches.

Thought Church did a good job and put in a shift playing in a new position that doesn't even suit his attributes. Tucked in when needed to help us in the middle against their 3, and gave his all. Can't complain, he would have done all that the gaffers asked of him yesterday.

I was disappointed first and foremost that we lost a game, rather than that it meant we are out of the cup. At least now we won't have such selection problems again with player unavailable.

But doesn't it show how far we've come to have 7 players out and be unlucky to lose to York. I have every confidence we'll beat them, hopefully in front of a big crowd, in the league.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 27, 2012, 4:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
7 players missing?  Arthur hasnt played this season, niether has Soares and KHM has had two brief subs appearances.  
Only Artus, Miller, Garner and Elding could be classed as first teamers at the mo.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
Tommy
February 27, 2012, 5:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
7 players missing?  Arthur hasnt played this season, niether has Soares and KHM has had two brief subs appearances.  
Only Artus, Miller, Garner and Elding could be classed as first teamers at the mo.

Ok then I'll take Arthur out and make it 6 because those 6 were all likely to have been in the matchday 16 if available. Soares, KHM and maybe Elding wouldve been on the bench and if we'd been able to bring those on for the last half hour we'd have probably gone on to win.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
nightrider
February 27, 2012, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I thought Duffy had a better goalscoring record than Elding. I find he holds the ball up better than Elding too. A good player to bring on in the last half hour.
Hardly the worst striker we've ever had although he could do with losing some weight as Im sure this would help him. He is supposed to be a professional athete after all.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.