Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
jimbo22
February 25, 2012, 10:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from immariner
Did Duffy look overweight?

He did look leaner at the start of the season think he's a few pound too heavy. struggled today!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jimbo22

He did look leaner at the start of the season think he's a few pound too heavy. struggled today!!

He looked fine and would have had a tap in if Hearn hadn't been greedy.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
jimbo22
February 25, 2012, 10:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
maybe he would have had a tap in, but still think he is a few pounds too heavy and doesn't look as sharp as he has done at the start of the season. Thought he was poor today, dint win header or hold play up, his passing was woeful in the 2nd half too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
pontoonlew
February 25, 2012, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He looked fine and would have had a tap in if Hearn hadn't been greedy.

Hearn got in that position 2-3 times and tried to square today and Duffy was non-existant in coming in, so i'm not suprised that on this occasion Hearn decided to go for it. He blasted it probably knowing the keeper would at least have to parry it and where was Duffy? Stood in the same spot crying that he didn't get the ball, I hate criticising Duffy because I like him but he let Hearn down at times today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 103
80sglory
February 25, 2012, 10:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Hearn got in that position 2-3 times and tried to square today and Duffy was non-existant in coming in, so i'm not suprised that on this occasion Hearn decided to go for it. He blasted it probably knowing the keeper would at least have to parry it and where was Duffy? Stood in the same spot crying that he didn't get the ball, I hate criticising Duffy because I like him but he let Hearn down at times today.

Agree.
Duffy played one quality pass in the 2nd half out wide but generally was rubbish.
If he's overweight it's probably through not playing - tbh none of the subs looked particularly great including Bradley Wood (or was it playing right mid ?)

jimbob you say Disley had a poor game and understand 100% but he got his foot in the tackle more times than I could count !
Reply: 75 - 103
pontoonlew
February 25, 2012, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Just watched the highlights and that handball is a penalty, I know earlier I said he couldn't had avoided it but my mind has changed and he definately could've. He leant right into the ball with the top of his arm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
aaron rattray
February 25, 2012, 11:14pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
it may look that hearn is greedy but he does it to set up whoever is in the box. far too many overhit and underhit passes. and at times when we coild of crossed it in first time we dodnt do that so the chance had gone. who agrees with me?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
aaron rattray
February 25, 2012, 11:15pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
it may look that hearn is greedy but he does it to set up whoever is in the box. far too many overhit and underhit passes. and at times when we coild of crossed it in first time we dodnt do that so the chance had gone. who agrees with me?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
Tinymariner
February 26, 2012, 12:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I thought Hursts Interview on RH was interesting. When asked if he regretted not starting Makofo on the wing instead of Church, he laughed ans said, 'No'. He also said that today reiterated what they thought about certain players. IMO I cannot see Makofo playing for Town again, Hurst said they will look at strengthening certain areas of the squad.
I'm not too disappointed with losing today, I thought we looked quite good in patches especially considering our changes. If York are expecting the same performance from us in 3 weeks, they are in for a big shock. UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.