This thread currently has 8,855 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackBoots
February 25, 2012, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Not too dissapointed with the result.

Plenty of effort but a lack of balance meant we lacked creativity.

York well orgainsed but if that is their strongest line up, I'd be confident of beating them in the league game with a first choice side out (or even a couple of injuries).

Thanoj and Townsend played very well Hearn a threat with little support and largely sound defensivly. Neither keeper was exactly over worked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 103
Super Clive
February 25, 2012, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Scrappy game, always want us to win but not fussed really, bonus if we won but a reply would of been a reet buddy.

onto braintree now lets intercourse um
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 103
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
First time I've seen Church, one paced is as complimentary as I can get and I know he was played out of position - then Makofo came on and showed why Church was picked in the first place!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 103
oldun
February 25, 2012, 5:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Teams cancelled each other out really and not much to choose. We had a few chances and on another day would have been a goal up at half-time. always looked like a draw or a 1-0 to either side. This time it was to be york who put their chance away. They are very beatable and interestingly a couple of their big guns Walker and Blair were substituted. Thanoj again showed some great vision and is getting better all the time. Pearson and I'Anson were strong. today was a day when Duffy should have showed what he can do as it was a big chance for him to stake a claim but unfortunately he fell well short. He was looking for fouls, moaning and niggling all the time. I do not care for this side of his game. Some of his work was sloppy and he can do much better. Needs to get his head right for the next game. If we had had another striker on the bench, he would have been taken off today. Come on Duffs, now is your time to get it right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 103
AndyGTFC
February 25, 2012, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Was a tight game with few clear cut chances. We didn't deserve to lose but we didn't quite do enough to win either. We contained York well in the first half and were the better team in the second. Thought Pearson, Thanoj and Hearn had good games.

It's a shame to get out at this stage but at least we can concentrate on the league now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 103
jimgtfc
February 25, 2012, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from oldun
Teams cancelled each other out really and not much to choose. We had a few chances and on another day would have been a goal up at half-time. always looked like a draw or a 1-0 to either side. This time it was to be york who put their chance away. They are very beatable and interestingly a couple of their big guns Walker and Blair were substituted. Thanoj again showed some great vision and is getting better all the time. Pearson and I'Anson were strong. today was a day when Duffy should have showed what he can do as it was a big chance for him to stake a claim but unfortunately he fell well short. He was looking for fouls, moaning and niggling all the time. I do not care for this side of his game. Some of his work was sloppy and he can do much better. Needs to get his head right for the next game. If we had had another striker on the bench, he would have been taken off today. Come on Duffs, now is your time to get it right.

Duffy frustrates me so much. You just know there's a good player in there somewhere.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 103
aaron rattray
February 25, 2012, 6:01pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i thought disley looked poor today. did anyone see me?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 103
cmackenzie4
February 25, 2012, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Thanoj man of the match for me - York was nothing special, But we were poor at times, Glad to see wood back, Let's kick on now learn from this and get into the playoffs.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 103
Super Clive
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from aaron rattray
i thought disley looked poor today. did anyone see me?

Nope.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 103
griggsy11
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
gary silk is one paced and cant read the game , bad desison to bring coulson off for wood , i would have taken silk off and put wood right back , coulson onto the right cos he looked lost at times on the right , and church is never a footballer let alone a right winger , think we could have won if the subs had been used right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.