11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 25, 2012, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 545
Full strength and with proper options on the bench and we will batter them in the league.   They looked tidy and definitely worthy of their league position but based on what I saw of them on Wednesday and today they won't be able to live with us when we get going.

Those criticising the decision to bring Wood on should remember how excrement Serge was when he came on.   Fully appreciate he had little time to impress and is under pressure but in his brief cameo he showed a) why he's a forgotten and b) how far we've come since he was our main threat.  

Thanoj gets better each game, not seen anyone else at this level with better passing and vision.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 103
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jimgtfc
I had high hopes for church when he returned from loan. Panther had just left, we were in need of a tough tackling midfielder, and Thanoj was inexperienced and in and out the team. It's sort of gone the other way.

Thanoj, I'Anson and Pearson v good today, Townsend and Hearn good in parts, Duffy Ok to start. Silk & McKeown OK, Coulson in and out as usual, Disley similar, Church poor, Makofo dreadful & Brad was Brad.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 103
semilapsedmariner
February 25, 2012, 6:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
Buko said in commentry when mafucko came on that his feet were quicker than his brain.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 103
griggsy11
February 25, 2012, 6:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Church doesn't even run like a footballer - let alone play like one.

am not the only one who thinks this then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 103
FishOutOfWater
February 25, 2012, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
I don't get all the criticism of Church today

He played his part in midfield and didn't do too much wrong...

I know that when people analyse a game they try to look for the weak links but you can't blame him for us losing
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 103
jimgtfc
February 25, 2012, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,125
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thanoj, I'Anson and Pearson v good today, Townsend and Hearn good in parts, Duffy Ok to start. Silk & McKeown OK, Coulson in and out as usual, Disley similar, Church poor, Makofo dreadful & Brad was Brad.

I think that sums it up well. That'll be a better write up than in the telegraph!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 103
barralad
February 25, 2012, 6:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just shows how the fans see it - Duffy started well and if you really wanted to pick a defining moment it was actually when Hearn shot when he should have squared to Duffy 3 minutes before Yorks goal.

THIS: In time honoured fashion the Pontoon (or at least large parts of it) were looking for a scapegoat and Duffy fitted the bill. There was one occasion in the second half where Duffy ran back towards his own goal managed to nick the ball away from two converging York players but neither I'Anson or  Silk read or even reacted to his toe poke and York gained possession. The cries of "Wake up Duffy" would have been heard as far away as Scunny.

Personally I thought Disley's distribution was shocking especially going forward. Too many over hit or wayward passes throughout the team.

The back four did very well against York's lively forwards/midfield in that first 20 minutes. It looked an obvious game plan to catch us early but the fact that they failed shows just how far this Town team have come. Four months ago we could easily have been looking at a 2-0 deficit before we'd fully woken up.

Bradley Wood looked what he currently is someone woefully short of match practice and it was a tall order asking him to perform against a decent York midfield. I thought the goalscorer Kerr was the best player on the pitch.

Anyone have a view on the penalty shout? The ball looked to run down the defenders arm although it was hit at him from almost point blank range.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 103
Paris Mariner
February 25, 2012, 6:46pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from diehardmariner
Full strength and with proper options on the bench and we will batter them in the league.   They looked tidy and definitely worthy of their league position but based on what I saw of them on Wednesday and today they won't be able to live with us when we get going.

Those criticising the decision to bring Wood on should remember how excrement Serge was when he came on.   Fully appreciate he had little time to impress and is under pressure but in his brief cameo he showed a) why he's a forgotten and b) how far we've come since he was our main threat.  

Thanoj gets better each game, not seen anyone else at this level with better passing and vision.  

I think that it was just disappointing to see Coulo come off and Wood come on. I would have switched Coulo to the right and put Sergio on the left. Yes, Makofo didn't do anything but it would have been worth a pop in my opinion. It was a negative substitution.

I don't think Church was as bad as some people are making out either. He won quite a few tackles and was playing out of position. Hearn has his poorest game for some time. He was by no means dross but it just didn't seem to run for him today.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 103
FishOutOfWater
February 25, 2012, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I think that it was just disappointing to see Coulo come off and Wood come on. I would have switched Coulo to the right and put Sergio on the left. Yes, Makofo didn't do anything but it would have been worth a pop in my opinion. It was a negative substitution.

I don't think Church was as bad as some people are making out either. He won quite a few tackles and was playing out of position. Hearn has his poorest game for some time. He was by no means dross but it just didn't seem to run for him today.

I think one of the problems was Hearn seemed to have two men at least on him so when Duffy was getting flicks on to him, he was always at a disadvantage

I was more disappointed that we didn't get down the line and put crosses in for Duffy to attack in the box rather than just being used as a straight-forward target man
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 103
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I think it would have been fairer on Church for someone else to start wide right - let's face it, we could have started with Makofo left and Coulson right, or other combinations of either Coulson & Wood or Coulson & Southwell without playing Church out of position.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.