MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jimgtfc

Duffy frustrates me so much. You just know there's a good player in there somewhere.

Just shows how the fans see it - Duffy started well and if you really wanted to pick a defining moment it was actually when Hearn shot when he should have squared to Duffy 3 minutes before Yorks goal.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 103
pontoonlew
February 25, 2012, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from griggsy11
gary silk is one paced and cant read the game , bad desison to bring coulson off for wood , i would have taken silk off and put wood right back , coulson onto the right cos he looked lost at times on the right , and church is never a footballer let alone a right winger , think we could have won if the subs had been used right

Massively harsh on Chruch, he played well out of position today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 103
gobby
February 25, 2012, 6:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
For the first time in a while I felt S&H got the substitutions wrong. Playing Coulson out left was wrong but to make a change by bringing Wood on for Church and leaving Coulson out there was a mistake imo. Church off, Coulson right flank Mokofo left to give a natural balance would have been a better move. But hey ho they are the bosses, Yes I am dissapointed but not gutted and was pleased that nobody booed at the final whistle.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 103
Mariner Ronnie
February 25, 2012, 6:04pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
was a decent performance by town today and we could have won it several times (their keeper made some vital saves) then it was ended by a scrappy goal by kerr who decided to take it upon himself to goad the fans at our end of the lower findus, i couldn't see from where i was sitting but there was a big penalty shout in the second half too from a hand ball i believe but nothing was given.

Dissapointed today,  close game between two equally matched teams.  Cant fault the effort, just missing a bit of quality.  Thought Thanoj was our best player today, Duffy looked lost.

Never mind, lets do em in the league when we play them

my thoughts too, we'll have a full squad to choose from too

onwards and upwards

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 103
ClarkeyUTM
February 25, 2012, 6:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Quoted from griggsy11
gary silk is one paced and cant read the game , bad desison to bring coulson off for wood , i would have taken silk off and put wood right back , coulson onto the right cos he looked lost at times on the right , and church is never a footballer let alone a right winger , think we could have won if the subs had been used right

Ridiculous comment about Church, he's been very good since his return from loan. It's thanks to him we won at Southport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 103
Paris Mariner
February 25, 2012, 6:05pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Just back myself - I thought Pearson was MOTM today and Thanoj was brilliant as well. Duffy has contributed brilliantly from the bench of late but he has neither the pace to keep up with Hearn on the counter, nor the fitness to do the leg work off the ball, unlike Elding. That is why Elding starts and we missed it today.

Disappointed to lose but I'd rather that than in the league.

I thought Hurst substution for Churchy was poor - why didn't he introduce Makofo? We needed to bring on an attacking plaer. We played 50 odd minutes with three defensively mimded midfielders and then he brought on Wood at a time when we clearly needed to go for it. I love Bradders but his crossing is poor and he's more of a central midfielder (like Church). I think Makofo - bearing in mind before his injury he was in good form) deserved a crack at having half an hour to do something attacking wise.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 103
pseudonym
February 25, 2012, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just shows how the fans see it - Duffy started well and if you really wanted to pick a defining moment it was actually when Hearn shot when he should have squared to Duffy 3 minutes before Yorks goal.
Agree with you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 103
Bullitt
February 25, 2012, 6:08pm
Guest User
Cant say I'm fussed we lost, plus I got Rob Scott to sign my programme so its a good day...good day.
Reply: 27 - 103
griggsy11
February 25, 2012, 6:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
just my opinion on church , lets face it he only gets in the team when others cant play , You name 1 good game hes had  but i think hes been poor overall , maybe to inconsistant ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 103
jimgtfc
February 25, 2012, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from griggsy11
just my opinion on church , lets face it he only gets in the team when others cant play , You name 1 good game hes had  but i think hes been poor overall , maybe to inconsistant ???

To be fair I don't think he's had a long enough run in the team to build up any form.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.