Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 8,861 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
February 26, 2012, 9:08am
Guest User
I've criticised disley in the past and I've come on here and prIsed him during his purple patch, but his recent performances have been well below par, he's just not doing enough bit of a week link in the team at mo in my opinion he needs to step it up.
Reply: 80 - 103
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
February 26, 2012, 9:39am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from 2578
I've criticised disley in the past and I've come on here and prIsed him during his purple patch, but his recent performances have been well below par, he's just not doing enough bit of a week link in the team at mo in my opinion he needs to step it up.

disley is carry an ankle injury on his left foot clear to see...having said that he has to be honest with the managers, himself an most of all his team mates, an say i aint fit and has to sit out for a couple of weeks. it aint fair on the players that are 100% fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 103
Total Football
February 26, 2012, 9:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from HEARN 10 ELDING 39

disley is carry an ankle injury on his left foot clear to see...having said that he has to be honest with the managers, himself an most of all his team mates, an say i aint fit and has to sit out for a couple of weeks. it aint fair on the players that are 100% fit.

100% agree with you there, cant afford to be carrying anyone one at this stage of the season, disley for me just aint getting close to anyone. his passing is off, and looks to struggle when striking the ball when planting his foot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 103
Total Football
February 26, 2012, 9:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from immariner
Did Duffy look overweight?

yes looks well over weight for me. has a bigger belly than me an im 35. ok not playing every week to stay trim, but surly he has to work harder in training to stay in shape.

also might sound daft but should eat less than he would if he was playing just because hes not gonna burn as much off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 103
DocTower
February 26, 2012, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Must be annoying for a fit player to sit it out knowing they could do better . With games now coming thick and fast we need 100% fit players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 103
ginnywings
February 26, 2012, 12:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
After reflecting on the game,i think it's apparent that our fringe players are not up to the standard of the regular starters.I feel that the managements initial assessment of Duffy and Makofo was right and i think they would have offloaded both of them if they could have.Makofo is not and never will be a footballer and Duffy just doesn't do enough over 90 mins IMO.I think Hursts post match reaction spoke volumes about the future of one or two players.

Of the others,i think that Pearson is a great defender but is not yet a footballer.Gave the ball away on a number of occasions but if they can work on that side of his game and improve him in that regard,he will be a good player to have around.Can't make my mind up about Church.I agree with another poster that he doesn't run like a footballer and commented on that yesterday.He's a good athlete and you need one or two in this league,so i'll reserve judgement 'til he's had a run in his preferred position,if that ever materialises.

Disley had a poor game by his standards and i think Silk missed having Coulson in front of him and looked a bit exposed at times,especially as Church kept drifting inside.Hearn also missed Elding as did the team in general.

Thanoj and I'Anson both look very good prospects and think both will go onto better things eventually.Townsend is clearly a class above this league and will be hard to replace when he goes back.

We have now lost at home to all four top sides and only managed one goal against Wrexham but we have played none of them while on good form with a full strength side,so it remains to be seen where we stand in this league.Get everyone back and maybe add a quality loan signing or two and i feel we have enough to make the play offs.

On yesterdays showing,York are catchable.They certainly didn't look any better than us despite being full strength but the next couple of months will answer the questions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 103
hook line and sinker
February 26, 2012, 2:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
duffy wasnt great yesterday but i think it is really unfair to single him out, knowbody was outstanding yesterday. just prior too kick off i noticed duffy was the one who approached every one of our players and gave a high five, sounds silly but doing small things like this shows that he cares for the club and for his team mates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 103
AndyGTFC
February 26, 2012, 3:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
After reflecting on the game,i think it's apparent that our fringe players are not up to the standard of the regular starters.I feel that the managements initial assessment of Duffy and Makofo was right and i think they would have offloaded both of them if they could have.Makofo is not and never will be a footballer and Duffy just doesn't do enough over 90 mins IMO.I think Hursts post match reaction spoke volumes about the future of one or two players.

I agree that neither are really good enough and I think most can see why they were transfer listed but they have both contributed this season to be fair to them, particularly Duffy in the last few games. They're just not good enough to start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 103
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 4:45pm
Guest User
Yeah but remember what Hurst said about Duffy - that he needs a run in the side.

Let's face it, they're rusty because they haven't played - hardly suprising !

Even Bradley Wood didn't look his usual self.
Maybe cos he was out of position but not often you say that.
Think he should have started RB and judging by Silks 1st half, maybe he should have.
Reply: 88 - 103
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 4:49pm
Guest User
Duffy looked lethargic, to say he's a bit of a target man, it would help if he jumped sometimes rather than remaining static when the balls in the air and appealing for free kicks.
Reply: 89 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.