11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 25, 2012, 5:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
Dissapointed today,  close game between two equally matched teams.  Cant fault the effort, just missing a bit of quality.  Thought Thanoj was our best player today, Duffy looked lost.

Never mind, lets do em in the league when we play them

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
February 25, 2012, 5:25pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
York looked very average. We should stuff em in the league with our first choice team. Was very disappointed with Duffy, Wood and Makofo today. They were all useless and did nothing to stake a claim for a place in the first 11.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 103
pontoonlew
February 25, 2012, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
We did not deserve to lose that at all. Yorks defence is awful but in the end having 4 players out took its toll, we had nothing to bring on and no right midfielder for the entire game. York couldn't deal with Hearn at all but looked okay going forward, they were contained well enough. We'll 100% beat them in the league imo, with Miller, Garner, Elding and Soares back in the side we could've hit 3-4 today but in the end Hearn was playing about 3 positions at once.

Well done to York on getting through, looking at the results it's disappointing to go out because we'd have had a great chance of going through. Not gutted though, we've weighed York up and on that showing we'll hammer them, the fact they can have a fully fit 11 outplayed by a weakened side says a lot. I'd rather lose than get a replay though. Thanoj was brilliant, Duffy and Disley were absolute garbage. I'anson and Pearsons distribution was pretty woeful. He was shite when he came on but we really should've started with Serge even just to balance out the side, Church who played pretty well kept creeping inside meaning Hearn had to do too much leg work to get the ball. At least with Serge in there we would've had some balance if anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
Mighty_Mariner
February 25, 2012, 5:27pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Thought we matched them well.considering it was by cfar our weakest team against their strongest! Whole team played well apart from Duffy and Disley who i thought were awful!

Referee was truly shocking today aswell!!! I think we will put it all over em in the league with our best players back.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
we will return
February 25, 2012, 5:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Disagree with Wood, he looked ok when he came on but he won't come in on the wing and probably won't knock Silk out the team. Agree with Duffy and Makofo though, Duffy won a few a headers but they didn't really go anywhere and he spent the rest of the game falling over. Makofo was his usual self got the ball, ran forward and then lost it or gave it away.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 103
jimgtfc
February 25, 2012, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
Thought we missed the missing players today. Artus' set pieces and balance on the left, Elding's work rate up front and his partnership with Hearn, and Millers calming influence on the back 4 (although I thought I'anson steped in well). I also thought changing the midfield around didn't help, I think we missed Coulson on the right, he provides natural width and creativity and looked slightly uncomfortable on the left.

Taking the fact that we had players missing the managers hands were tied and we had to reshuffle the pack, so I for one am not too disappointed with the outcome against a decent York side. So time to roll out the cliche's and state the obvious... Let's concentrate on the league!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
sinkers13
February 25, 2012, 5:37pm

utm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Today could well be a blessing in disguise. No excuses and no distractions from the play-offs now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
marinette
February 25, 2012, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Not too bad - don't think we were outplayed.  Nobody was really my MOM - I think it was more of a team effort.  York didn't look anything special.  Did Alan Buckley have any interesting thoughts on the team or on the situation at the club?

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 103
we will return
February 25, 2012, 5:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from sinkers13
Today could well be a blessing in disguise. No excuses and no distractions from the play-offs now

Agree, although it'd have been nice to reach both the playoff and trophy final, but the playoffs is far more important, and as you say going out of the trophy means we have no distractions or extra games.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 103
we will return
February 25, 2012, 5:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinette
Not too bad - don't think we were outplayed.  Nobody was really my MOM - I think it was more of a team effort.  York didn't look anything special.  Did Alan Buckley have any interesting thoughts on the team or on the situation at the club?

I know he chose Thanoj as his man of the match.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.