11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 27, 2012, 2:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,913
Gold Stars: 233
A tough game against a very well organised side. Could have gone either way really. Their keeper made a couple of fine saves and was generally pretty dominant in the box.

We certainly missed Elding as Duffy was largely ineffective. It’s hard also to lose your first choice central defensive partnership. Though the replacements did pretty well, we would have been more dominant at the back with Miller and Garner and would probably have broken attacks up quicker, cleared the lines faster and dealt with the pressure a little better.  I also thought Thanoj did well.

I’d say that our full strength side would probably have beaten this York side, but it would not be a cakewalk. If we do get into the playoff’s York, Luton and one of Wrexham or Fleetwood are going to be very tough opposition and we would have to be at the top of our game to stand any chance of going up.  From that perspective it's probably best that we now don't have to fit in more matches in this competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 103
Garth
February 27, 2012, 5:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
It was Duffys first full time match for some time and it showed in the second half, I don`t agree that he did not win any balls in the air and thought generally he had a fair game as did most of the others, however his understanding with Hearn did not happen and as such we missed Elding but he is still a menace in a sub role as shown by his goal tally
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 103
pseudonym
February 27, 2012, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Garth
It was Duffys first full time match for some time and it showed in the second half, I don`t agree that he did not win any balls in the air and thought generally he had a fair game as did most of the others, however his understanding with Hearn did not happen and as such we missed Elding but he is still a menace in a sub role as shown by his goal tally
Exactly right

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 103
headingly_mariner
February 27, 2012, 5:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Duffy did not really get any good service. On a whole a thought we were ok considering the absences and it was a pretty even game. I am quite confident that we will show an improvement against Braintree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.