Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,239 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealDimbo
September 19, 2011, 9:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from Martz86
I'm wondering if Mike has called in this Take Over Panel company to oust Fenty so he can take control of the club

Sorry to say  Martz86 but you could not be further away from the facts.
There’s been some very clever clandestine moves taking place of late.
In the ruthless business world one must be prepared to be able to take a step down to pave the way for taking a step up to achieve ones target. Bit like being prepared to lose a penny instead of a pound.

Time will show John Fenty will come out of this minor issue the winner, he’s Teflon coated and a born survivor.

Dallas - J R Ewing ---- GTFC - J S Fenty - no contest mark my words.

Steve.  

Private Message
Reply: 160 - 232
pontoonlew
September 19, 2011, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,088
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Abdul19

You could say the same about Adolf Hitler's rule of Germany. (No, I'm not comparing the two).

I'm with Denby and Headingley Mariner (and others) on this one

Well if your not comparing the two what are you saying? Hitler didn't do it for the good of his country, he did it all for himself. Fenty did it for fans like you to have something to cheer about, he failed slightly but I believe we would've got out the conference within 4 seasons with him in charge. This new news will almost inevitably slash the wage budget again, making it that bit harder to escape. But thats alright isn't it, because you were all right about Fenty so the consequences of him going pale into insignificance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 232
upthestripes
September 19, 2011, 9:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from TheRealDimbo

Sorry to say  Martz86 but you could not be further away from the facts.
There’s been some very clever clandestine moves taking place of late.
In the ruthless business world one must be prepared to be able to take a step down to pave the way for taking a step up to achieve ones target. Bit like being prepared to lose a penny instead of a pound.

Time will show John Fenty will come out of this minor issue the winner, he’s Teflon coated and a born survivor.

Dallas - J R Ewing ---- GTFC - J S Fenty - no contest mark my words.

Steve.  

But how will GTFC come out of it?

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 232
DavidB
September 19, 2011, 9:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from GrimRob
To all those celebrating I would say be careful for what you wish for. This could be terminal.

This is a very unsettling development. Boardroom stability and a consistent strategy are two pre-requisites for a successful club, and it's clear that since the traumatic events last February GTFC has neither of these. Obviously something went drastically wrong with the Board relationships around that time - I'm not at all clear what went on then, nor the various machinations since - but there appears to be some sort of power struggle going on and lack of harmony amongst the Directors and major investors - difficult to read who's aligning with whom, or manoeuvring for position.

JF has resigned because of an independent Takeover Panel investigation, because it's unclear both whether rules have been breached and what MP's intentions might be. Obviously these developments will force a resolution of the latter - but without inside knowledge it seems presumptory to assume that MP either wants or will take over.

There have been several occasions in the history of GTFC where Boardroom uncertainty or trouble has overshadowed the club, usually with disruptive effect. What makes this more worrying is both our non-league position and our operational financial situation - there is a real risk that this could set off a sequence of events that result in the eventual folding of the club. Obviously that's a pessimistic outcome - but a possibility. Let's hope that things develop in a more positive way.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 232
Denby
September 19, 2011, 9:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from pontoonlew

Fenty did it for fans like you to have something to cheer about, he failed slightly but I believe we would've got out the conference within 4 seasons with him in charge.

ah right, you're a wind up, carry on sir
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 232
Claudius Tiberius Smith
September 19, 2011, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
I just hope that the clubs "benign" debt to J F is not attracting interest, if it is then Town are f##ked!

The resignation may be because Fenty has realised that H & S are not the answer & 17th. in the table is just about par for this administration.

Next year I believe that the parashute payments will have stopped, & maybe J F has done his sums & the financial input required would just be too much to bare.

This bl##dy recession is getting worse I.M.O., Last Saturday 7 League 2 clubs attracted less than 2,500, seems like a good time for a chairman to "jump ship" to me.

Do you think that the "we've no fu##ing money" rant was based on insider knowledge of Fenty's resignation?

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 232
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2011, 9:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well if your not comparing the two what are you saying? Hitler didn't do it for the good of his country, he did it all for himself. Fenty did it for fans like you to have something to cheer about, he failed slightly but I believe we would've got out the conference within 4 seasons with him in charge. This new news will almost inevitably slash the wage budget again, making it that bit harder to escape. But thats alright isn't it, because you were all right about Fenty so the consequences of him going pale into insignificance

Failed slightly is being a touch generous dont you think?
What gave you the idea we would be promoted from the conference within four seasons? Could it be fenty admitting at the fans forum that town becoming part time was a possibility in the future or is it his dazzling record for leading us to promotions and success.

Your defending a man that has done serious damage to this football club and left it in a complete mess, a mess that it may not recover from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 232
chrisloz
September 19, 2011, 9:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +9
Bit more info [url][/url]http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=201220
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 232
Rich Boy
September 19, 2011, 9:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Fenty’s gone, Furneaux’s gone and Parker’s not interested. Now all you idiots who thought there was a sugar daddy in waiting? David Ross seems really keen doesn’t he? Fenty must be mad for keeping the club going for the past 7 years, especially when people like the high and mighty students that run codalmighty are always mocking him. R.I.P Grimsby Town football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 232
we will return
September 19, 2011, 9:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from Rich Boy
Fenty’s gone, Furneaux’s gone and Parker’s not interested. Now all you idiots who thought there was a sugar daddy in waiting? David Ross seems really keen doesn’t he? Fenty must be mad for keeping the club going for the past 7 years, especially when people like the high and mighty students that run codalmighty are always mocking him. R.I.P Grimsby Town football club.

Looks like you'll have to step in and save us then.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.