Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,217 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
September 20, 2011, 8:52am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from boston fan
Time for Church to get off the bench and into the Boardroom then,  with his degree in Business & finance. If he cant help you ON the pitch he might help OFF it .

Never a truer word was spoken in jest.....!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 210 - 232
Super Clive
September 20, 2011, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Fenty in the GET :

Trying to run the football club at anytime is difficult, let alone with the controlling shareholder sat outside of the boardroom," he said, talking exclusively to the Grimsby Telegraph.

"I must assure supporters there isn't any immediate financial panic. It's towards the end of the year when the football club requires more money."

"There will be a cry from some the football club is rudderless – that is not going to be the case," he continued.

"I am remaining as a director and there is no intention of anyone to leave that role at this stage.

"I've made sure the club could remain a going concern year in, year out through funding I have provided.

"We had been successively relegated over two seasons and Peter Furneaux decided to call time on his chairmanship.

"I guess I was the last man standing; it wasn't really planned. Nevertheless, it was a privilege to chair the club I love.

"It's harder than you might imagine. You just cannot legislate for what's going to happen in football.

"Sleep, home-life and your existence is affected. Despite all the flak, I don't regret it at all and would take the job on again if in the same position."
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 232
Super Clive
September 20, 2011, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
I think the club's footing is a lot sounder than it was when I joined the board; at least we only have future debts.

"The position of the football club today is very different to the one I inherited as a majority shareholder back in 2002.

"We don't have a £700,000 tax debt – it's all been paid off.

"We don't have the shortfall each year left by ITV Digital's collapse of £2½-million.

"They were massive problems for the club.

"We had players being paid sums of money equal to those income streams that were lost.

"In all honesty, there was a mercenary attitude from a lot of those players who wouldn't take a pay cut.

"In fact, the only one prepared to take a cut at the time was Steve Croudson.

"We lost 55 per cent of our income overnight; it was a terrible burden.

"There weren't any Jack Lesters or Lee Ashcrofts to sell, they had already gone.

"But that aside, we never had a good enough reason to go into administration.

"There was never a time in those dark early days it was in the best interests of the club to go into administration.

"So we had to grin and bear it and roll our sleeves up.

"We agreed a repayment schedule with the tax man and launched the 'Keep The Mariners Afloat' campaign which was received well by the fans at the time.

"I think the negativity around the club subsided for a while, somehow it manifested itself in acceptance of the situation.

"Ironically, after this we had a good spell on the field.

"Other than that time, we have managed the difficulties outside of the glare of the public eye."
Until the football club comes to terms with where it's at and stops thinking it's a Championship club, and all the anxiety that creates, I don't think there will be an early return to the Football League
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 232
Garth
September 20, 2011, 9:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Steady on there fella

Sorry the occasion is getting to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 232
Denby
September 20, 2011, 9:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
"Until the football club comes to terms with where it's at and stops thinking it's a Championship club, and all the anxiety that creates, I don't think there will be an early return to the Football League."

do shut up fenty, we know we're a conference side, you put us here
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 232
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 9:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Denby
"Until the football club comes to terms with where it's at and stops thinking it's a Championship club, and all the anxiety that creates, I don't think there will be an early return to the Football League."

do shut up fenty, we know we're a conference side, you put us here

really...did he????? Personally? 100% him?????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 232
Tommy
September 20, 2011, 9:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Doesn't that just make you like Steve Croudson even more.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 232
RoboCod
September 20, 2011, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Tommy
Doesn't that just make you like Steve Croudson even more.

Absolutely. Here is someone who simply loves the game and sees it as a privilege to have played. Fantastic bloke.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 232
Super Clive
September 20, 2011, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Keelbysaint

really...did he????? Personally? 100% him????? fans

FANS?

You can intercourse off right now, the blame for our demise is no way involves the fans of this club. I'm sick to death of the fans being told its our fault when in reality you and the other mugs fall for what Fenty and people involved in the club say.
Unbelievable, Let me guess if GTFC does die over the next few months that will be the fans fault as well will it? for wanting Fenty out Total flipping balderdash
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 232
Denby
September 20, 2011, 9:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
under the circumstances, the fans have been mostly excellent over the 10 years of decline

the constant digs at supporters by fenty over the years has been unforgiveable.  we were there are tranmere.  we were there at burton. we were there at braintree.  we know what division we're in
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.