Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,117 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Meza
September 19, 2011, 10:55pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Was watching look north tonight and can't believe JF has resigned lol anyway according to them MP is going to make a statement tomorrow.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 232
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2011, 11:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Meza

I agree yes JF made some strange appointments i.e. were the managers had no experience (Rodger, Groves etc) probably thinking they have played a lot of games and must know something, maybe the applicants were as good as we think, but even managers with experience have also failed the only one i wasn't happy about is Nicky Law.  JF has always backed the managers with a playing budget, yet i feel that some of these managers have to take the majority of the blame because its them that buy the players not JF.  Lok what happened when MN was apppointed yet some applauded him for appointing a successful manager and i'm sure he didn't turn around to JF and say yeah i'll be manager but i dont coach the team, do you really think JF would appoint him if he knew this was the case.  Then when it all goes pear shaped JF is to blame because the buck always stops at the top but in reality he did nothing wrong.  His only weakness was he PR which even i can admit is something i'd hate to do as i know i would be crap at it but sometimes as life as a chairman you have to speak to media there is no shying away from it.

"His only weakness is PR"

If only you were right.

The whole club is a shambles and in case you hadnt noticed weve been non league for two seasons and we currently sit 17th.

How bad does it have to get before you see the light?
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 232
Meza
September 19, 2011, 11:07pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
You tell me seeing you know all his failings yes he appoints the managers but does he buy the players.......erm no he can't do much about that it's down to the manager.  The problem with appointing managers is it's like a lottery you never know what will happen i.e. Mike Newell I bet even you thought he would do a lot better than he did I know I certainly did.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 232
Biccys
September 19, 2011, 11:13pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
This has a long way to run. There appears to be many more goings on behind the scenes than we've been party to and I suspect we haven't seen the last of JF........

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 193 - 232
FishOutOfWater
September 19, 2011, 11:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Just where is Peter Furneaux in our hour of need?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 194 - 232
AdamHaddock
September 19, 2011, 11:22pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
What about Ramsden or Huxford? Are either of them still involved (or alive)?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 232
tarka
September 19, 2011, 11:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Meza
You tell me seeing you know all his failings yes he appoints the managers but does he buy the players.......erm no he can't do much about that it's down to the manager.  The problem with appointing managers is it's like a lottery you never know what will happen i.e. Mike Newell I bet even you thought he would do a lot better than he did I know I certainly did.

No he doesn't appoint the managers...the Board appoints the managers and on at least one occasion in recent history he was outvoted on this matter.  I agree with the lottery point though...I agreed with a number of their appointments and I'm sure many others did too.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 196 - 232
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2011, 11:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
This has a long way to run. There appears to be many more goings on behind the scenes than we've been party to and I suspect we haven't seen the last of JF........

Yipee.

Dont tell me-he is going to ride in on a white horse and save us and take us down a few more divisions.

If Fenty re-appears in any guise that will be the lot for a good number of die hard fans.

I always worry about any announcement with Fentys name at the bottom of it - it always seems convoluted and open to misinterpretation but I hope this time he means what we hope - that he is gone forever.
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 232
Garth
September 19, 2011, 11:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Yipee.

Dont tell me-he is going to ride in on a white horse and save us and take us down a few more divisions.

If Fenty re-appears in any guise that will be the lot for a good number of die hard fans.

I always worry about any announcement with Fentys name at the bottom of it - it always seems convoluted and open to misinterpretation but I hope this time he means what we hope - that he is gone forever.

He has not gone anywhere idiot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 232
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2011, 11:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Garth

He has not gone anywhere idiot!

Steady on there fella
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.