Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,227 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 20, 2011, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Denby
"Until the football club comes to terms with where it's at and stops thinking it's a Championship club, and all the anxiety that creates, I don't think there will be an early return to the Football League."

do shut up fenty, we know we're a conference side, you put us here

god im soooooo going to miss johns (con) statements
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 232
StiggsGTFC
September 20, 2011, 9:36am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from Denby
under the circumstances, the fans have been mostly excellent over the 10 years of decline

the constant digs at supporters by fenty over the years has been unforgiveable.  we were there are tranmere.  we were there at burton. we were there at braintree.  we know what division we're in

No way in the world are the fans to blame. In fact quite the reverse.

Just checked the gate for the game on 25th September 2001. About exactly 10 years ago, and remember how well we were doing.

It was 4,800.  

The support the team is still getting is nothing short of remarkable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 232
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 10:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Super Clive

FANS?

You can intercourse off right now, the blame for our demise is no way involves the fans of this club. I'm sick to death of the fans being told its our fault when in reality you and the other mugs fall for what Fenty and people involved in the club say.
Unbelievable, Let me guess if GTFC does die over the next few months that will be the fans fault as well will it? for wanting Fenty out Total flipping balderdash

Leave some of the apple!

I didnt mean to leave that word there, it was part of another sentence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 232
grimsby pete
September 20, 2011, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I am not sure what will happen now,

Either of the following I suppose,

1.  Parker takes over,

2. Parker appoints a studge to take the role and report back to him,

3. Someone out of the blue takes over,

4. Fenty returns, ( do not rule this out, it could happen )

There are not many people out there, who are a town supporter and will put their own money into the club,

So if Parker does not want it, we are foooked,

Fenty returns?????????????????

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 232
wigworld
September 20, 2011, 11:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
You're explaining to someone on the forum called tarka what Dave Otter said on the wireless! Have a little think.  

Quoted from 1600

People should listen to Dave Otter on RH (from 43:40)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00k7rdy/Sports_Talk_19_09_2011/

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 224 - 232
tarka
September 20, 2011, 11:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

But does share ownership translate into money the club can use ?

People should listen to Dave Otter on RH (from 43:40)

Oh, I wouldn't listen to him if I was you!  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 225 - 232
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 11:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am not sure what will happen now,

Either of the following I suppose,

1.  Parker takes over,

2. Parker appoints a studge to take the role and report back to him,

3. Someone out of the blue takes over,

4. Fenty returns, ( do not rule this out, it could happen )

There are not many people out there, who are a town supporter and will put their own money into the club,

So if Parker does not want it, we are foooked,

Fenty returns?????????????????

It sounds like the current position is untenable, so Fenty has stepped aside. But I would agree that this does not mean he will not be back if Parker stepped aside.......Interesting and very uncertain times for the club.

Many people have what they want, but where does that leave us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 232
Chris
September 20, 2011, 11:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
It's bit of a no brainer for me this, and it's a conversation I've had privately with a few people. He isnt the majorityshareholder, he is neither in control of the club nor doe she have ownership of it. Why should he be the one expected to keep personally funding it under those circumstances? I know with 100% certainty that under those conditions I wouldn't.

I dont neccessarily understand the in-workings of the clubs finances, but I understand Fenty has large amounts on money within the club as loans. I am unsure if there was a reason (other than his not wanting to) why he didnt want to convert the loans into shares, or why he wouldnt want to buy more shares to match Parker's.

But I also know that Mike Parker has, on the face of it/publicly acted oddly throughout. His timing when resigning from the board couldn't have been worse. A cynic would suggest deliberately timed to cause maximum damage. Likewise, if Mr Fenty HAS been trying to coax him back onto the board why hasn't Parker stipulated what it would take for this to happen, and why has he not been replying to emails sent by Mr Fenty? Further, without an agenda, why would you resign from the board but continue to buy shares resulting in making yourself the majority shareholder?

Mike Parker may well be the messiah, he may well be what GTFC needs, but the way he seems to go about things leaves me (and many others by the way) concerned about his motives and his tactics. I guess anyone wanting to invest the not insignificant amount he has done, wont want anything but good for the club, which then begs the question, WHY?

Persoanlly Im disappointed at how things have panned out. Parker needs to make his intentions clear and do it now. If not he needs to step back and stop playing around. Say what you like about Mr Fenty, he's always tried to do whats in the interests of the club |(from what I have seen anyway).

This is all a little unsettling at the minute and I'd like to see some clarity as soon as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 232
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 11:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from tarka

Oh, I wouldn't listen to him if I was you!  

I wouldnt either talks from his bottom

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 232
headingly_mariner
September 20, 2011, 12:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Super Clive
I think the club's footing is a lot sounder than it was when I joined the board; at least we only have future debts.

"The position of the football club today is very different to the one I inherited as a majority shareholder back in 2002.

"We don't have a £700,000 tax debt – it's all been paid off.

"We don't have the shortfall each year left by ITV Digital's collapse of £2½-million.

"They were massive problems for the club.

"We had players being paid sums of money equal to those income streams that were lost.

"In all honesty, there was a mercenary attitude from a lot of those players who wouldn't take a pay cut.

"In fact, the only one prepared to take a cut at the time was Steve Croudson.

"We lost 55 per cent of our income overnight; it was a terrible burden.

"There weren't any Jack Lesters or Lee Ashcrofts to sell, they had already gone.

"But that aside, we never had a good enough reason to go into administration.

"There was never a time in those dark early days it was in the best interests of the club to go into administration.

"So we had to grin and bear it and roll our sleeves up.

"We agreed a repayment schedule with the tax man and launched the 'Keep The Mariners Afloat' campaign which was received well by the fans at the time.

"I think the negativity around the club subsided for a while, somehow it manifested itself in acceptance of the situation.

"Ironically, after this we had a good spell on the field.

"Other than that time, we have managed the difficulties outside of the glare of the public eye."
Until the football club comes to terms with where it's at and stops thinking it's a Championship club, and all the anxiety that creates, I don't think there will be an early return to the Football League

He is clueless, how is the football club on a better standing now than when he took over? we have been relegated three times and lose a million quid a year.

Then he goes on to blame the fans again he makes me sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.