Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,265 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 19, 2011, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,904
Gold Stars: 42
This surprise announcement presents new opportunities and potential risks.  The uncertainty is not good.

I agree that MP buying majority shares is a clear intention - and welcome.  The same outcome happened at Arsenal recently.

What will the impact be on the players?  If anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 232
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 7:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from 470

Thanks nelly - so is this effectively the government doing the investigating ?
If so, why now ? What has changed ?
Reply: 81 - 232
psgmariner
September 19, 2011, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The other option was to carry on regardless with an incompetent Chairman that had led us to a situation whereby the club loses a million pound a year. He has left the club in a far worse state than when he took over and maybe the damage has already been done but i feel much better without him at the helm.

Fair enough but if Parker does not take over (you have to admit it doesn't look nailed on) I struggle to see how we would stay afloat.

GTFC under Fenty was bad but no GTFC would be worse.

Private Message
Reply: 82 - 232
Tinymariner
September 19, 2011, 7:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
If MP has done this, then I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit. There are far better ways to conduct business.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 232
Theimperialcoroner
September 19, 2011, 7:25pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,259
Gold Stars: 102
The important thing now is what will MP bring to the party. Would be nice if it was him and a few others with Grimsby money getting involved to put in enough money to not only survive, but to enable a real bit of upwards momentum and maybe even a new stadium... You never know, Cameron's mate David Ross might have had a change of heart and decided to put some of his millions in, god knows we need it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 232
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2011, 7:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from psgmariner

Fair enough but if Parker does not take over (you have to admit it doesn't look nailed on) I struggle to see how we would stay afloat.

GTFC under Fenty was bad but no GTFC would be worse.

Fenty could not carry on funding his mistakes for ever we were just as likely to go mammaries up with him than without him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 232
Shiver
September 19, 2011, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Quoted from psgmariner
Fair enough but if Parker does not take over (you have to admit it doesn't look nailed on) I struggle to see how we would stay afloat

We'd need a knight in shining armour to come riding back wouldn't we

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 232
Martz86
September 19, 2011, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +129
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tinymariner
If MP has done this, then I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit. There are far better ways to conduct business.

If Mike has done this then he obviously has plans for the club otherwise why bother
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 232
psgmariner
September 19, 2011, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
The important thing now is what will MP bring to the party. Would be nice if it was him and a few others with Grimsby money getting involved to put in enough money to not only survive, but to enable a real bit of upwards momentum and maybe even a new stadium... You never know, Cameron's mate David Ross might have had a change of heart and decided to put some of his millions in, god knows we need it.

Anyone putting money in to GTFC will have to be prepared to lose it. In the current climate I doubt there will be a big queue! If someone VERY rich like Ross doesn't turn up then this looks VERY bad.

Private Message
Reply: 88 - 232
RoboCod
September 19, 2011, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Tinymariner

But all we hear on the Fishy is that Fenty won't let anyone else on board, keeping it for himself. Now someone (possibly) comes along and tries to wrestle control from the grasp of this villainous, multiple TOTW winning club-wrecker he's marked down as (possibly) sneaky and untrustworthy.

I'm going to ride this one out, all will be fixed by Friday*

(maybe not this Friday*)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 232
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.