Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,269 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lawless29
September 19, 2011, 7:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from 891
This radio interview does not sound very good at all in fact i am very worried ! MP not wanting to get involved this is very strange ....... IF MP does not get involved were doomed

the new morrisons store may be built and open for buisness on blundell park sooner rather than later then st john doesnt love the club either people infact when running five star he mocked his workers for not working and going to blundell park on a saturday asing them why their wasting the time and money going to watch that excrement when they could be here earning money !!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 232
Perkins
September 19, 2011, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Why would Parker wish to be the clubs major shareholder if he did not want control. Why would the major shareholder not be on the board. Very strange. "Untenable" the statement read, why intenable? Is it because  Parker refuses to rejoin the board while Fenty is Chairman?. Something not quite right here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 232
GrimmyGrimGrim
September 19, 2011, 7:04pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Quoted from Perkins
Why would Parker wish to be the clubs major shareholder if he did not want control. Why would the major shareholder not be on the board. Very strange. "Untenable" the statement read, why intenable? Is it because  Parker refuses to rejoin the board while Fenty is Chairman?. Something not quite right here.

It seems quite dodgy, no one is being clear with what they're saying. You'd think with something as important as this they'd just come out and say what the deal is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 232
Koggmaster
September 19, 2011, 7:04pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Wow . . . . . it's come quicker than I thought but i'm thankful it's come !!

His tenureship of this club has, quite frankly, been awful, with wrong decisions on the football side taken throughout.
He has lost lots of his own money towards the end because of those decisions and I feel sorry for him in a way because he ultimately is a fan who to his cost, tried to run a Football club like a business and got it horribly wrong.

IMO the good ship Mariner needed a new Captain years ago so I for one, with the club probably reaching it's lowest point this season, is thankful that Admiral Parker will soon be grabbing hold of the Grimsby Town Wheel and setting sail for less stormier seas !!

A new start . . . . . . a new beginning . . . . . . . a new era !!!!

Halleluyah . . . . . . . . UTM

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 232
Kris Mustampa
September 19, 2011, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from Perkins

Untenable simply because the club have fallen foul of the takeovers commission. He couldnt stay now Parker has 54% of the club unless Parker bought all the unissued share capital.

I am told Chris Carr has no interest whatsoever in getting invoved in GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 232
Garth
September 19, 2011, 7:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I don`t think I have as much faith in MP as I did in JF, it seems to me that he has been sniping away in the background since he left the board, he now has his chance will he take it on or will we have to go back to JF cap in hand come Christmas to save the club-----we shall see, at least he`s still on the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 232
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Tinymariner
That was very disturbing listening. MP has not returned JF's emails, so JF has resigned as his position became untenable. He feels that MP should have more involvement in the running of the club, so he resigned. We could be in deep sh#t come December.

Not if you have all took 80sglory's advice and started filling your change jar....  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 232
bradzmilne
September 19, 2011, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
One of them momments, celebrate or be majorly worried? I just hope to god we get some sort of statement, before to long. Panicing at the minue

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 232
MeanwoodMariner
September 19, 2011, 7:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Koggmaster
Wow . . . . . it's come quicker than I thought but i'm thankful it's come !!

His tenureship of this club has, quite frankly, been awful, with wrong decisions on the football side taken throughout.

A new start . . . . . . a new beginning . . . . . . . a new era !!!!

Halleluyah . . . . . . . . UTM

Not exactly sure why you are so cheerful. These "wrong decisions" that everybody keeps banging on about are presumably referring to the choice of manager. Unless people also want S&H replacing then this will not change anything.

Best case scenario is that someone else steps in to keep the club afloat and nothing changes.
Worst case is we go out of business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 232
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Garth
I don`t think I have as much faith in MP as I did in JF, it seems to me that he has been sniping away in the background since he left the board, he now has his chance will he take it on or will we have to go back to JF cap in hand come Christmas to save the club-----we shall see, at least he`s still on the board

You had faith in JF...??? How has MP been sniping away...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 232
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.