Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Fenty Resigns!!!

This thread currently has 39,240 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
September 19, 2011, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,088
Gold Stars: 178
How narrow minded are some people? Thinking its just this club and just this chairman, everything Fenty did is because he thought it was for the best. He put trust in managers with his own cash and supplimented there mistakes with yet more cash. He tried to move with the times, had he not he would've been shot down but as it happens he gave it a go and failed. But this season he was trying to turn it around, he was plugging the flipping gap! It's happened all over the country with worse circumstances than this and Fenty is the reason we are not in admin. You can say he's the reason hes were we are now but i'd like to see another guy willing to pump millions in to at least give it a go. Peopl are so set in there minds to be right that they fail to see the bigger picture, have it your way then, Fenty made mistakes and now you can go tell everybody that but dont go up in tears WHEN we go into admin because nobody else had the balls to do what Fenty did. Thankyou for trying John and thankyou for pumping in millions to the club you love to try and give the people of this town success. Most people with half a brain will see you tried your bloody best and we are going to flipping struggle without you! I'm sure everybody knows where the next pound is going to come from now....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 232
Marinerz93
September 19, 2011, 8:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Seeing as I have been arguing on here for ages that JF should step aside I would be a hypocrite not to be pleased with the news.

Nothing personally against Fenty and I have a lot of respect for the way he has bankrolled the club, but like others have said the mess is really of his own making. He has had the opportunity to stand down ever since MP came on the scene. Perhaps this has been forced on him now or perhaps he sees a face saving moment.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter. What matters is the future.

Whoever takes over when this is sorted out must -

- guarantee the financial stability of the club
- come up with a viable plan for the future
- bankroll the managers to improve the squad for a promotion push this year if possible and next year as a minimum requirement
- get the fans and the community on board with some good PR straightaway

Thank you JF, you may have made your bravest and best decision as chairman of the club.

UTM

I agree with most of this apart from being brave and his best decision, it seems more like a tantrum and stomping of feet.  JF has a couple of million pegged at the club as a benign debt.  Why not turn some of that benign debt into shares and match MP.  If the club folds in the future then it will be down to pettyness and JF's legacy will be that of someone who killed the club because of ego.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 232
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2011, 8:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from pontoonlew
How narrow minded are some people? Thinking its just this club and just this chairman, everything Fenty did is because he thought it was for the best. He put trust in managers with his own cash and supplimented there mistakes with yet more cash. He tried to move with the times, had he not he would've been shot down but as it happens he gave it a go and failed. But this season he was trying to turn it around, he was plugging the flipping gap! It's happened all over the country with worse circumstances than this and Fenty is the reason we are not in admin. You can say he's the reason hes were we are now but i'd like to see another guy willing to pump millions in to at least give it a go. Peopl are so set in there minds to be right that they fail to see the bigger picture, have it your way then, Fenty made mistakes and now you can go tell everybody that but dont go up in tears WHEN we go into admin because nobody else had the balls to do what Fenty did. Thankyou for trying John and thankyou for pumping in millions to the club you love to try and give the people of this town success. Most people with half a brain will see you tried your bloody best and we are going to flipping struggle without you! I'm sure everybody knows where the next pound is going to come from now....

Why has he resigned then? He could have matched Parkers shares by turning his some of his loans into shares. He has not been pushed he is jumping ship, he is no hero and he is the worst thing to ever happen to this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 232
upthestripes
September 19, 2011, 8:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from pontoonlew

Good post

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 232
mariner2000
September 19, 2011, 8:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +166
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew

here here!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 144 - 232
Kris Mustampa
September 19, 2011, 8:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I dont think MP will get involved on a day to day basis but will appoint/co-opt someone to do so until such time as he has the time and inclination to step into the firing line.

Surprised nobody has picked up on the absence of a regular poster over recent days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 232
Marinerz93
September 19, 2011, 9:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Kris Mustampa
I dont think MP will get involved on a day to day basis but will appoint/co-opt someone to do so until such time as he has the time and inclination to step into the firing line.

Surprised nobody has picked up on the absence of a regular poster over recent days

I'd like to op out of this because I have been very busy working  

Come on spill the beans, I'm shattered as it is  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 232
GrimRob
September 19, 2011, 9:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
To all those celebrating I would say be careful for what you wish for. This could be terminal.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 147 - 232
AndyGTFC

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Yeah, like some are saying, we need to wait and see before we class this as a good or a bad thing. It sounds all well and good, getting rid of a chairman that hasn't done a very good job but if it ends up with the club imploding then it obviously isn't.

Hopefully, Fenty wouldn't resign knowing that that could happen though because if he did then all of the money that he put in to save the club will have been for nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 232
Meza

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from pontoonlew

I agree yes JF made some strange appointments i.e. were the managers had no experience (Rodger, Groves etc) probably thinking they have played a lot of games and must know something, maybe the applicants were as good as we think, but even managers with experience have also failed the only one i wasn't happy about is Nicky Law.  JF has always backed the managers with a playing budget, yet i feel that some of these managers have to take the majority of the blame because its them that buy the players not JF.  Lok what happened when MN was apppointed yet some applauded him for appointing a successful manager and i'm sure he didn't turn around to JF and say yeah i'll be manager but i dont coach the team, do you really think JF would appoint him if he knew this was the case.  Then when it all goes pear shaped JF is to blame because the buck always stops at the top but in reality he did nothing wrong.  His only weakness was he PR which even i can admit is something i'd hate to do as i know i would be crap at it but sometimes as life as a chairman you have to speak to media there is no shying away from it.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty Resigns!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.