Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24. RIP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

MarinerMatt24. RIP

This thread currently has 32,982 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
alvinghammariner
August 17, 2011, 7:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Rip matt, gut wrenching news, I wish the club has as much fight as you, a true fighter

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 175
MyDogsThoughts
August 17, 2011, 7:13pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
RIP Mate.

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 175
Mighty_Mariner
August 17, 2011, 7:24pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Gutted! Had the pleasure of speaking to Matt at a couple if games last season, lively lad and was always singing load and proud!! Makes you realise just how unimportant and insignificant football really is!

Really hope the club do something for the next home match.... Minute's applause/silence?

Sleep well matey!  

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 175
barralad
August 17, 2011, 8:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I've just re-read the whole of the "Cancer Journey" thread. What struck me even more was the matter of fact way that this incredibly brave young man dealt with the increasingly bad news that he was getting. I am almost three times his age and yet I know without a shadow of doubt that if I'd walked in his shoes I'd have done it as a gibbering wreck.

That thread should be locked and saved for posterity so that anyone fed up at the fortunes of the team can look at it and remind themselves of someone who faced terrible illness with the utmost dignity.

Thoughts are with Matt's parents. The old adage is true. You just shouldn't bury your kids...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 175
samg
August 17, 2011, 8:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
RIP Matty - thoughts go out to parents, family and friends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 175
Pontoon Steve
August 17, 2011, 8:25pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Didn't realise until i came on here how many friends Matty really had, when the funeral arrangments have been made the family will post it. All that can be said at the min about it, is that it is not a black tie job, the family want a celebration of Matty's life and for everyone to wear football shirts. As most people on here should now realise Matty lived and died football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 175
bladerunnner
August 17, 2011, 8:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
i first saw him in the imp on Saturday,he was in a wheelchair with all kinds of pipes and stuff coming out of him,this lad comes out in that state to support his team,whilst other "fans" of town sit in their armchairs with their doritos and opinions slagging the team,the chairman,and most importantly the real "fans" off. i looked him in the eye and he smiled at me,even at that stage of illness he was friendly,positive,warm,and a real true fan.
i looked at him and felt embarrassed,not for him,but for myself,for he made me feel so humble with his bravery and spirit.
i know its way to early but if his poor parents ever read this thread they will realise he was special,not because he had cancer,but because he touched so many peoples lives and everyone who knew him loved him............rest in peace matty,we town fans will NEVER forget you xxxx.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 175
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
August 17, 2011, 8:33pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1
R.I.P Matt. My thoughts and condolences to your family and friends.

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 175
jock dock tower
August 17, 2011, 8:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
So, so, sorry to hear of the lad's sad passing. So very glad though that the Town visited him prior to it and made him feel so very special. Surely that puts most things into context...you can make dreams, and destroy them. Never met you Matty but feel I know you from your postings on here, and your bravery in the face of such adversity. If Icenian's reading this, take care of Matty.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 175
Grim up north
August 17, 2011, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
R.I.P. Fellow Mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 175
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24. RIP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.