Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24. RIP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

MarinerMatt24. RIP

This thread currently has 32,918 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
August 17, 2011, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 536
I logged on here this morning with every intention of going on a rant about how far Town have sunk, instead I saw this and my anger over a stupid game of football has gone.

Shankley was so far off the mark it's unreal.  I didn't even know this poor lad, aside from reading his posts on here, but I feel as if someone's just chucked a bowling ball down my throat.  

Deepest of sympathies to his family.

RIP.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 175
Lumpsleftbreast
August 17, 2011, 10:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +24
Quoted from diehardmariner
I logged on here this morning with every intention of going on a rant about how far Town have sunk, instead I saw this and my anger over a stupid game of football has gone.

Shankley was so far off the mark it's unreal.  I didn't even know this poor lad, aside from reading his posts on here, but I feel as if someone's just chucked a bowling ball down my throat.  

Deepest of sympathies to his family.

RIP.

Sums what I'm feeling perfectly.

RIP Matt

Gary Lump
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 175
blackandwhitetown
August 17, 2011, 10:20am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I had the honour of meeting Matty and his parents last week.  Both showed tremendous strength in the face of what, to many, are truly unimaginable circumstances.

After spending just under an hour with him, it was clear that he was one of Town’s most passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated fans. The bravery and fortitude that he showed, despite his illness, was remarkable.

My thoughts go out to his family and all his friends at this time,

Rest in peace Matty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 175
Wrawby_Mariner
August 17, 2011, 10:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now, how we're all feeling right now, and my thoughts go out to your family. I am exremely proud to call you my friend and someone who I could share my problems with as you shared yours with me. Sitting, on the most part next to you at home games l was fit enough to attend taught me that no matter how how bad you think your own problems are, there is always some who has it worse and is dealing with it better. Matty Dawson you inspired me to get back on my feet and walk without help. There is not alot else I can say except you are a great guy and fantastic mate, also some divine intervention this season may be of use.

With Love and Respect

Marc 'Wrawbz' Reed
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 43 - 175
cmackenzie4
August 17, 2011, 10:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now, how we're all feeling right now, and my thoughts go out to your family. I am exremely proud to call you my friend and someone who I could share my problems with as you shared yours with me. Sitting, on the most part next to you at home games l was fit enough to attend taught me that no matter how how bad you think your own problems are, there is always some who has it worse and is dealing with it better. Matty Dawson you inspired me to get back on my feet and walk without help. There is not alot else I can say except you are a great guy and fantastic mate, also some divine intervention this season may be of use.

With Love and Respect

Marc 'Wrawbz' Reed

Very nice words marc.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 175
sutton mariner
August 17, 2011, 10:29am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
What a loss.
I knew Matty personally and can't say how gutted I am.
He was a true fan, you see these plastic premiershite fans, compare them to Matty, they are nothing.
Will always be in my heart and will never be forgotten Matty
RIP buddy

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 175
davmariner
August 17, 2011, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 79
RIP Matty...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 175
grimsby pete
August 17, 2011, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
What terrible news, RIP  Matt,

My thoughts go out to your family,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 175
gtfc_brad
August 17, 2011, 10:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
R.I.P mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 175
Monkeytennis
August 17, 2011, 10:42am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
my deepest condolences to Matts family and friends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24. RIP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.