Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 350k
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

This thread currently has 16,447 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 26, 2023, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Obviously not as simple as knock it down and rebuild BUT imo instead of throwing money at the main couldn't we completely renovate the main. It needs doing as it's very outdated and the view for the disabled is poor.

Not saying its simple but if we ain't moving from BP then I don't like the idea if just throwing 350k into a stand which in all honesty needs a complete rebuild.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 164
Heisenberg
March 26, 2023, 12:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Obviously not as simple as knock it down and rebuild BUT imo instead of throwing money at the main couldn't we completely renovate the main. It needs doing as it's very outdated and the view for the disabled is poor.

Not saying its simple but if we ain't moving from BP then I don't like the idea if just throwing 350k into a stand which in all honesty needs a complete rebuild.

The view for EVERBODY is poor. It would need knocking down and a new cantilever stand building, which would probably mean less rows as the foundations behind it would need to be substantial. Not a bad thing, as the back few rows currently are awful anyway. Plus a new stand could go all the way beyond the existing police box, so the capacity could stay similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 164
MarinerDevil
March 26, 2023, 1:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
The thing I took from that interview is the existence of the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), which I wasn't aware of before. I knew FFP existed in League Two but I wasn't sure of the specifics.

It limits clubs' wage expenditure to 60% of yearly turnover in L1 and 55% in L2. Outgoing transfer fees are not counted, but "football fortune", which includes transfer profits and Cup prize money, is included in the revenue calculation.

I think that shows that growing our revenue base is crucial to any success. Given that increasing matchday revenue at BP (if we're staying) will be tricky, our best bet is to grow our commercial department and to continue to invest in the academy. That probably explains why the owners have been keen to make substantial changes to the commercial department since their arrival.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 164
Swansea_Mariner
March 26, 2023, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Rather than by your own admission making up numbers listen to the interview again, Jason said they’re working with a strategy expert to understand what the plan needs to be and more importantly how to do it.

Maybe you should take some of your own medicine unless you've got a feasibility report for a 30m new stadium.

A list as long as your arm with issues at Blundell Park, I'm sure he said that in the interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 164
HertsGTFC
March 26, 2023, 1:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Maybe you should take some of your own medicine unless you've got a feasibility report for a 30m new stadium.

A list as long as your arm with issues at Blundell Park, I'm sure he said that in the interview.

£30 million has been previously quoted by the old and new regime. Feasibility reports tend to illustrate if something is possible not how much it costs.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 164
grimsby pete
March 26, 2023, 2:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
I am glad its Jason and Andrew sorting this out rather than the F word or we would be watching football from a three sided ground.

Whatever they decide it will be the right one based on what is right for the club and fan base.

Maybe more like minded people with cash to invest could come on board and help out without spoiling  the applecart .

BUT

That is for 1878 to sort out not us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 164
Swansea_Mariner
March 26, 2023, 2:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from HertsGTFC

£30 million has been previously quoted by the old and new regime. Feasibility reports tend to illustrate if something is possible not how much it costs.

Where's the quote? What you're saying is my made up number is better than your  made up number. What do you want me to trawl through articles and add up 1m in backlog maintenance over last  season and this close season. Is 30m a reasonable  number, probably, is 1m backlog maintenance reasonable for last and this close season probably. We just had a quote of 350k and a further list that's so long and boring it couldn't possibly be listed in an interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 164
Limerick Mariner
March 26, 2023, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,729
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mappers

Just had a look , rhey have done a lot of good work.
Even one of those small stands they do could go in one of the corners , a lot better than the old temporary seating and actually has a roof ,would add a few hundred per corner .

Looking at what they've done in their case studies my, idealistic, take for a redevelopment of BP would be:-

- Stage 1 - replace the Main Stand with a Borehamwood type stand but a bit higher to match the Main roof peak height. Run it all the length of the pitch, but in part of the Harrington corner make it unreserved safe standing - a place for walk-up sales to stand together. Use a small temporary stand structure in the Imp Corner (circa 3.75k capacity plus 0.75 in the Imp corner)

- Stage 2 - replace the Osmond with the same as the BHW type (circa 1.6k capacity)

- Stage 3 - in a few years replace the Pontoon with a 60:40 split of seats : safe standing to link up with the Harrington corner safe standing (1.7k)

- Stage 4 - probably a long way off (on promotion to Championship?) replace the Findus with an Exeter Chiefs-type stand for the whole length of the pitch but with more seats and a smaller paddock of safe standing at the front (5k)

12,050 final capacity - 9k seats and 3k safe standing. A medium-term capacity of 10.5k after replacing the Main and Osmond and with a temporary stand in the Imp corner. Enough for most League 1 games save a Derby County / Sheff Wed type fixture, or Lincoln if both clubs doing well.

When BP went all-seater in the mid-90s the Board justified demolishing the corner and not rebuilding them saying that the BP capacity would only be circa 12k and we needed a 20k new stadium instead. Here we are nearly 30 years later with absolutely zilch progress. What has progressed is modular construction kit assembly with bigger elements manufactured and partly assembled off-site, as per GLEvents, which potentially makes the redevelopment easier to manage in phases

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 164
Simon
March 26, 2023, 2:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Heisenberg

No DB, Lew has asked for 100% clarity, and we’ve not had that yet after their 2 years in charge. If we are staying at BP, which in my opinion is far from ideal, then they need to put out a statement saying “we’ll not be moving into a new stadium during our tenure”. If the stadium is on the back burner, but they are working in the background to hopefully externally fund a new stadium, they should say that. If we’re staying at BP, we’d like to know what’s possible regarding development, and a timeframe.

The only option that is not viable is doing nothing, and I believe that is not their style at all, so personally I do have trust in the owners, even if the need for a new stadium is not their chosen direction of travel. But indication of a plan would be nice. The only thing that worries me is I don’t quite believe that after 2 years they’ve decided what their plan is, and the state of BP is gradually becoming a more obvious burden to them. It’s gradually becoming clear to them that their chosen option of staying at BP will be a money pit.

We have just had TWENTY years of false promises regarding building a new ground by the tinpot last regime and look where that's got us, only one who's benefited from the proposed Great Coates, Peakes Parkway, Freeman Street and Grimsby Docks proposals has been the bloody architects

Jason Stockwood & Andrew Pettit are not idiots and will not want to go down that route of making themselves look silly promising something that we can't in the short term deliver. I predict the conversation has gone something like this patch up a dilapidated Blundell Park while at the same time improving the training facilities, give Paul Hurst the tools required to build a solid team that can hopefully get out of L2 and start knocking at the door at the top of L1 while at the same time in private behind the scenes look at the long term plans re the ground, my prediction of location when it happens will be that we will see a new ground pop up as part of the plans for the Freshney Valley development which fits in with the ten year time scale

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 164
Yoda
March 26, 2023, 3:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Lincoln City’s new redevelopment of the Stacy West stand is 1.8 million.
A similar size to the main stand i would say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 164
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 350k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.