Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 350k
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 198 Guests

This thread currently has 16,445 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Barrattstander
March 27, 2023, 4:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +875
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from White_shorts

It would be madness to squeeze four new stands onto the site of BP when there is a bigger stadium-sized plot of land at Freemo.  Do you seriously think 12k is adequate for Grimsby Town Football Club?  Do you have no desire to see the Mariners compete in the Championship again?  I doubt the council will give permission for more than the 10k we had with those green uncovered seats.

I would think 12k probably is adequate, the last time we were in the second tier from 1998 to 2003 our average home attendance over those five seasons was 6163 and the highest attendance during that time was 9528. I would think that 1878 are fully aware of the potential level of support the club could achieve in each division and from my experience fans prefer to watch a winning team rather than a struggling one in a higher division.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 164
Yarborough Vaults
March 27, 2023, 5:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
To simplify it:

you do work required to put a car through an MOT. You don’t just go out and buy a new one when you can’t necessarily afford it

You don't MOT the same car forever, sooner or later the cost of repairing an old motor means it isn't worth it and you're better off getting a new one. Doubt even Frater would have given BP the all clear in its current state.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 164
crusty ole pie
March 27, 2023, 5:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Barrattstander

I would think 12k probably is adequate, the last time we were in the second tier from 1998 to 2003 our average home attendance over those five seasons was 6163 and the highest attendance during that time was 9528. I would think that 1878 are fully aware of the potential level of support the club could achieve in each division and from my experience fans prefer to watch a winning team rather than a struggling one in a higher division.

Without doubt we talk of soulless grounds and this is usually the one that are far too large for the club eg: mk dons Doncaster and of course the Darlington arena
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 164
rancido
March 27, 2023, 6:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,616
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from White_shorts

FFS yet another ground redevelopment thread.

It would be madness to squeeze four new stands onto the site of BP when there is a bigger stadium-sized plot of land at Freemo.  Do you seriously think 12k is adequate for Grimsby Town Football Club?  Do you have no desire to see the Mariners compete in the Championship again?  I doubt the council will give permission for more than the 10k we had with those green uncovered seats.

It is tough enough to get promoted from League One as it is.  Wrexham are increasing their capacity to 15k and will likely go up again.  Notts County and Bradford should be third tier in a few years.  If we stay at BP, stagnation and apathy will set in and the club will just yo-yo between the fourth division and non-league.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt but NE Lincs Council stated that GTFC are no longer interested in The Freeman Street site.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 164
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 27, 2023, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,930
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

You don't MOT the same car forever, sooner or later the cost of repairing an old motor means it isn't worth it and you're better off getting a new one. Doubt even Frater would have given BP the all clear in its current state.

But given the situation we are in, we can’t afford to have a new one. Or can we?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 164
Mappers
March 27, 2023, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

If we are using the car analogy,  i think our current custodians are still trying to find out if the car was ever taxed and insured .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 164
moosey_club
March 27, 2023, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from White_shorts

FFS yet another ground redevelopment thread.

It is tough enough to get promoted from League One as it is.  Wrexham are increasing their capacity to 15k and will likely go up again.  Notts County and Bradford should be third tier in a few years.  If we stay at BP, stagnation and apathy will set in and the club will just yo-yo between the fourth division and non-league.

The Freemo land is earmarked for education development now.  The football option, which wasn't ever really on the table,  has long sailed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 164
marinerjase
March 27, 2023, 7:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
What odds Immingham/Stallingborough area our next ‘home’ ?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 164
crusty ole pie
March 27, 2023, 9:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Has anyone actually thought what is the 365k going to get us ? Padded seats ? Hot air blower to keep everyone warm. A tannoy system ? So far we have discussed everything from freemo to how big our make believe ground should be but nothing about what is actually happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 164
ginnywings
March 27, 2023, 9:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Has anyone actually thought what is the 365k going to get us ? Padded seats ? Hot air blower to keep everyone warm. A tannoy system ? So far we have discussed everything from freemo to how big our make believe ground should be but nothing about what is actually happening

I would imagine it will be structural and to make it comply with safety and fire regulations.

No hot air blowers and padded seats unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 164
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 350k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.