Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

PM

This thread currently has 18,681 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 5, 2022, 3:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We just keep getting incompetent fookers in charge of the country.

I'm staggered we can't find anyone more competent than that intellectual lightweight. What has this country become?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 418
chaos33
September 5, 2022, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,014
Gold Stars: 362
I know we live in an age of perpetual Tory and right wing press gaslighting, but people have got eyes and ears. Liz Truss has already shown herself, on dozens of occasions, to be a political and intellectual dunce. That’s not an opinion, it’s just observation. She’s uninformed, vapid,  evasive, slightly absurd,unprincipled, inarticulate….etc etc

Anyone would be an improvement on Boris Johnson, who has burned this country to the ground, but this is not going to go well. Add that to the fact that this is possibly the hardest time in this nation’s history to be PM and you’re looking at a very short window of time before everyone can see, if they can’t already, that Liz Truss is way, way, way out of her depth and that if this is the best ‘talent’  that the Tories have to offer in terms of credentials, we are off to hell in a hand cart. It’s very obvious to me, that Liz Truss’ career should really not have seen her promoted beyond the level of an assistant manager at a local branch of Primark. At a f***ing push.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 418
mariner91
September 5, 2022, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,813
Gold Stars: 264
It’s amazing how far you can get in the Tory party if you’re willing to forego any pride, dignity or values that you once held. If you unswervingly toe the party line you can get right to the top despite being a complete air head.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 418
chaos33
September 5, 2022, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Imagine the belly laughter all around the world when this news breaks. Johnson and now this dithering Thatcher cosplay wannabe is going to burn the rotting corpse of our reputation. The Russians will be fuming. If I was Putin I’d ask for my money back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 418
Stadium
September 5, 2022, 5:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Tweet 1566819839116722176 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 418
chaos33
September 5, 2022, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Gallows humour is all we have left.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 418
LH
September 5, 2022, 10:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,609
Gold Stars: 177
The other predictable thing from all this is Truss will come in an almost instantly freeze the energy cap as a popularity booster. Obviously after the energy companies have profited significantly and ordinary people have stressed for weeks over it.
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 418
Maringer
September 5, 2022, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Truss will need to do a lot more than that. The announced price cap for October is unaffordable for millions. Even if it was rolled back to the April price cap levels, millions will still struggle to pay given the high inflation and the increase in interest rates. Not to mention the businesses whose energy prices aren't capped which will just go under straight away without government support. If they are left to fail, we'll be seeing an even worse recession than is already on the cards which would mean even more job losses.

In fact, our only chance is if she does the exact opposite of whatever her first instinct is when encountering any sort of an issue.

I saw the report earlier that Priti Patel had resigned as Home Secretary and thought that this might perhaps be one silver lining to the cloud. And then I saw that Suella Braverman is expected to take over the role. intercourse me, we're doomed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 418
Limerick Mariner
September 5, 2022, 11:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,778
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from chaos33
I know we live in an age of perpetual Tory and right wing press gaslighting, but people have got eyes and ears. Liz Truss has already shown herself, on dozens of occasions, to be a political and intellectual dunce. That’s not an opinion, it’s just observation. She’s uninformed, vapid,  evasive, slightly absurd,unprincipled, inarticulate….etc etc

Anyone would be an improvement on Boris Johnson, who has burned this country to the ground, but this is not going to go well. Add that to the fact that this is possibly the hardest time in this nation’s history to be PM and you’re looking at a very short window of time before everyone can see, if they can’t already, that Liz Truss is way, way, way out of her depth and that if this is the best ‘talent’  that the Tories have to offer in terms of credentials, we are off to hell in a hand cart. It’s very obvious to me, that Liz Truss’ career should really not have seen her promoted beyond the level of an assistant manager at a local branch of Primark. At a f***ing push.

But she was brilliant in the hustings - she has great political talents of persuasion as long as she's speaking to very comfortably off pensioners, well some of them, about 0.2% of the population of the UK. Thankfully she can now govern properly with the strong backing of the 0.2% because we are out of the undemocratic grip of the European Union. Pensioners fecked our young people with Brexit and these few old farts are just finishing the job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 418
Humbercod
September 6, 2022, 6:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Some nasty stuff on here, sadly no surprise. Whatever your thoughts on Liz Truss and her new cabinet we really need this to work!
And yet let’s be honest the majority on here will be hoping she fails miserably..warped mentality  😕
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 418
42 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.