OddShapedBalls
October 27, 2022, 10:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01

You mean like Bravermans mate working as an unofficial advisor at the Home Office? Ya know, profiteering from the insider knowledge he’s been getting access to but shouldn’t have…

Exactly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 410 - 418
diehardmariner
October 27, 2022, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I reckon this delayed budget has the potential to really engulf the government and restart the infighting, especially if the pension triple lock is cut. That'll absolutely enrage the tory core support base.

Good point.  I suspect there's enough arrogance in Sunak's mob that they think they can get away with it too.
Private Message
Reply: 411 - 418
DB
October 27, 2022, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
If they do away with the triple lock it would be like pulling the cork out of a boat riddle with woodworm. The boat would sink and take the tories with it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 412 - 418
Limerick Mariner
October 27, 2022, 4:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from ginnywings
Yvette Cooper comes across so well in that clip. She is lucid, intelligent and forthright, unlike anyone we have seen from the Tories lately.

The stick insect Braverman is a disgusting human being who is there to keep up a culture war and distract from the coming austerity. She will do and say things that get reported in the press and give the cretins something to gnash their teeth about. Immigration will be back to the fore.

Braverman is one of the scariest politicians I've known I've ever known to get one of the big cabinet posts. Closest we have ever had to a nazi in power.

Today the UN has said we are staring at failure to limit warming to 1.5 degrees whilst Shell declares £8 billion profits for the quarter, and the Lancet publishes a paper showing that the health impact of climate change is already hitting. As well as a foreigner and gay hater we have climate change flat earther at Home Sec.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 413 - 418
ginnywings
October 27, 2022, 4:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Didn't they already abandon the triple lock last year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 414 - 418
DB
October 27, 2022, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings
Didn't they already abandon the triple lock last year?

Yes. I told Vickers who replied. His answer was that It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the population to have such an increase for pensioners. Sunak then raised the minimum wage by a higher % than the pensioners got, which to them was fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 415 - 418
chaos33
October 27, 2022, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Braverman is one of the scariest politicians I've known I've ever known to get one of the big cabinet posts. Closest we have ever had to a nazi in power.

Today the UN has said we are staring at failure to limit warming to 1.5 degrees whilst Shell declares £8 billion profits for the quarter, and the Lancet publishes a paper showing that the health impact of climate change is already hitting. As well as a foreigner and gay hater we have climate change flat earther at Home Sec.

Who apparently now needs ‘training’ from MI5 on e-mail security and what is appropriate to share in terms of information security. FFS, the Home Secretary?!?! Any civil servant or admin worker in a local council knows what’s right and wrong on this. You f*ck up? You are out!  
The highest post in the land in terms of national security and she apparently doesn’t know what she’s doing, or rather, like the rest of these Tory cnuts, she just doesn’t bother to follow the rules. It’s utterly appalling that this babbling racist and security liability has a cabinet post, and was restored to her position after a grave breach of the ministerial code and a compromise of the safety and integrity of the nation. I do despise Braverman. I think she’s an arrogant, bigoted, hateful person. Sunak talked about wanting integrity, professionalism and accountability, and trashed his own principles just to get her and the far right on side within 1 hour!! As everyday passes, the Conservatives deliver blow after blow after blow to our stability, security, economy, international status, and, what’s worse, they go on with this daily/weekly psychodrama whilst hard working, honest British people suffer unspeakable pressure and anxiety. There’s no governing. There’s no plan. Just a pathetic limping from crisis to crisis, and the saving of individual skin and reaction to the latest appalling transgression. The worst collection of people we’ve had representing and governing this nation by a trillion miles.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 416 - 418
aldi_01
October 27, 2022, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Braverman worries me and to be honest, I’m aware I sound like a stuck record but the the moment Sunak reappointed her ensured he lost whatever the small amount of credibility he had left…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 417 - 418
codcheeky
October 27, 2022, 9:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01
The Braverman worries me and to be honest, I’m aware I sound like a stuck record but the the moment Sunak reappointed her ensured he lost whatever the small amount of credibility he had left…

Perhaps in 44 days of chaos the only thing Truss got right was sacking    the dangerously inept Braverman. It’s a little ironic that Sunak’s “new” cabinet of integrity has this odious woman back as Home Secretary despite worries from MI5. She is currently in hiding, hoping to shamelessly ride it out while other ministers are sent out to destroy what is left of their own reputations in trying to defend her.
Private Message
Reply: 418 - 418
42 Pages Prev ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.