Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,338 views. Print
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2021, 8:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from LH

I said at the time it was likely to have been a comment about his haircut and the travelling community. I was nowhere near it though.

As a 16 year old in ‘99 I shouted both derogatory ‘g’ words at Keith O’Neill. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now.

Keith should have used a firmer mousse but that’s by the by.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 371
rancido
October 30, 2021, 8:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96

I gave you a red cross x2 because you are just trying to stir up trouble.

If someone said something offensive then they will no doubt receive the appropriate response from the club or the law.

So you don't believe in calling out verbal abuse. Just keep quiet, hope some official does something and then it will  go away FFS.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 371
newarkmariner
October 30, 2021, 8:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Phil the Cod the same muppet that started a thread last wk about the ball not getting thrown back,have you only just started following football,because you seem more interested in getting offended than the actual match,racism is wrong in every way possible as is homophobia,however the term homosexual&ot isnt really offensive is it,i thought it was a crappy meatball from the 70s.and before you run your mouth calling me homophobic my daughter is gay and so is my stepson ,and they are wonderful loving people,unlike you who seems hell bent on getting offended every game,do your self a favour find a new hobby where your gentle soul wont be abused,grassing Wa%&er
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 371
Rodley Mariner
October 30, 2021, 8:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,254
Gold Stars: 178
"I didn't hear anything so I don't know if anything happened" seems an entirely reasonable response.

"I didn't hear anything so I'm assuming he made it up because he's weak and couldn't hack it" doesn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 371
MarinerWY
October 30, 2021, 8:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from newarkmariner
Phil the Cod the same muppet that started a thread last wk about the ball not getting thrown back,have you only just started following football,because you seem more interested in getting offended than the actual match,racism is wrong in every way possible as is homophobia,however the term homosexual isnt really offensive is it,i thought it was a crappy meatball from the 70s.and before you run your mouth calling me homophobic my daughter is gay and so is my stepson ,and they are wonderful loving people,unlike you who seems hell bent on getting offended every game,do your self a favour find a new hobby where your gentle soul wont be abused,grassing Wa%&er

Oh come on, unless you've lived under a rock since the 80's you're aware that the term f*ggot is used as a homophobic slur  and when shouted as abuse is definitely intended as that. I'd like someone to try pass off 'qu*er c unt' as something other than homophobic.

I have no idea whether you are or aren't homophobic so will always presume the latter, but there was and is homophobia at town games that is very much intended, and it's important that people don't try and lessen the intent or deny its existence tbh.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 371
percentagefootball
October 30, 2021, 8:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +10
Quoted from Simon

Slated for his choice of hair style, didn't hear anything about caravans

I heard ‘g****’ shouted from the Lower.

And could hear plenty of homophobic shouts too. Tend to trust that the reaction of our and their players is genuine (regardless if people heard or not) - and we need to do better.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 371
LH
October 30, 2021, 8:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174

As a 16 year old in ‘99 I shouted both derogatory ‘g’ words at Keith O’Neill. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now.

Keith should have used a firmer mousse but that’s by the by.

Cameron looked more like he could have batted at 4 for Australia rather than played in a Notts County number 4 shirt.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 371
moosey_club
October 30, 2021, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Simon

From where i was sat it said "mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mm mmmmmmm mmmm mmmmmmm mmm"

Once there was a kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school ...

Self proclaimed post of the week

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 371
newarkmariner
October 30, 2021, 8:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MarinerWY

Oh come on, unless you've lived under a rock since the 80's you're aware that the term f*ggot is used as a homophobic slur  and when shouted as abuse is definitely intended as that. I'd like someone to try pass off 'qu*er c unt' as something other than homophobic.

I have no idea whether you are or aren't homophobic so will always presume the latter, but there was and is homophobia at town games that is very much intended, and it's important that people don't try and lessen the intent or deny its existence tbh.

as i said i have a daughter and stepson who are gay and ive just asked them if they find the term fagg$t offensive and they laughed said no ,but could see why someone else with nothing better to do would get offended on there behalf,pat yourself on the back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 371
TheRealJohnLewis
October 30, 2021, 8:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from newarkmariner

as i said i have a daughter and stepson who are gay and ive just asked them if they find the term fagg$t offensive and they laughed said no ,but could see why someone else with nothing better to do would get offended on there behalf,pat yourself on the back

That's the same argument as saying I can't be racist because I know a black person! Some people are not offended by the N word, which doesn't make it less racist. Some are not offended by the word F****t, which doesn't mean it isn't homophobic

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 371
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.