Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,335 views. Print
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
October 30, 2021, 7:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
There were two guys on the back row of the youngs constantly shouting f@ggot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 371
Stadium
October 30, 2021, 7:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Mariner93er
There were two guys on the back row of the youngs constantly shouting f@ggot.

Embarrassing but not surprising.
Increased crowds undoubtedly attract certain types who are still in the dark ages.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 371
lew chaterleys lover
October 30, 2021, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Phil the cod
An incident which causes our players to put an arm around an opposing player and give him support, then highlighted on here by me, warrants multiple red crosses, omg, what kind of pondlife do we have following the club? Can see now why Lennie gets so much stick.

I gave you a red cross x2 because you are just trying to stir up trouble.

If someone said something offensive then they will no doubt receive the appropriate response from the club or the law.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 371
Phil the cod
October 30, 2021, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from MarinerWY
Whilst I wasn't close enough to hear what was said to Taylor that prompted the announcement (although pretty obvious something crossed the line from the reaction of both sets of players), there definitely was separately some v loud & clear homophobic abuse inc shouts of f*ggot, p*ff and 'qu*er c*nt' at players. This was reported but when stewards acted, a big group closed ranks and was hard for people to speak up. Was separate to the incident that prompted announcement but was definitely present and really disappointing that there was so many denying hearing anything - it wasn't said quietly. Feel like both incidents got wrapped up in one and have the potential to be dismissed but atmosphere in that part of the middle Lower (we don't usually sit there) was toxic from some people today.

A lot of talk around us then turned to who 'grassed' as stewards knew seat number of one person allegedly shouting stuff, felt this really didn't help protect people speaking up in future.

There was one cretin around us, not sure 100 per cent who, constantly berating Thier number 3, all it does is motivate the opposing team to beat us.i get trying to create a hostile atmosphere ,but singling out individual players is embarrassing, it's cringe worthy in the lower Smith's at the moment with some of the comments coming from the mouths of grown "men" , obviously,given the opportunity to say these things directly to a player face to face, they'd say nothing as obviously, they're proper gobshites who need the protection of a wall,and a mob of like minded cretins to play up to.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 371
Stadium
October 30, 2021, 7:14pm
Champagne Drinker

If someone said something offensive then they will no doubt receive the appropriate response from the club or the law.

You do have to laugh- "stir up trouble"
Sad state of affairs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 371
lew chaterleys lover
October 30, 2021, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Phil the cod

There was one cretin around us, not sure 100 per cent who, constantly berating Thier number 3, all it does is motivate the opposing team to beat us.i get trying to create a hostile atmosphere ,but singling out individual players is embarrassing, it's cringe worthy in the lower Smith's at the moment with some of the comments coming from the mouths of grown "men" , obviously,given the opportunity to say these things directly to a player face to face, they'd say nothing as obviously, they're proper gobshites who need the protection of a wall,and a mob of like minded cretins to play up to.

Well I never. Is this the first professional match you've been to?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 371
Phil the cod
October 30, 2021, 7:15pm
Lager Top Drinker

Oh yes of course, highlighting racism and homophobic comments is "stirring up trouble" are you one of Putin's public relations officers by any chance, abhorrent behaviour needs calling out, young children are in attendance at our games and don't need exposure to this crap, or should they "put up and shut up" as after all, this is Grimsby.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 371
Stadium
October 30, 2021, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker

??
What a bizarre response.
Thanks for clarifying your position though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 371
Phil the cod
October 30, 2021, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker

What has my attendance record at the match to do with it? I do apologise if racism offends me, should really join the KKK if you'll vouch for me, idiot......and obvious racist/homophobe.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 371
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2021, 7:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Phil the cod

What has my attendance record at the match to do with it? I do apologise if racism offends me, should really join the KKK if you'll vouch for me, idiot......and obvious racist/homophobe.

Homophobia and racism are serious matters. I am sure someone on the Fishy can provide you with the details of the relevant person to speak to at the Club (or better still dial 101), to take this matter further. There is no room in our Club for homophobia or racism.

You have had a tough week witnessing this in your second Town match. I hope you have recovered from your first match last week:

Phil The Cod:
“ an we just be sporting supporters and give the ball back to the opposing team when they have a throw in.
Instead we throw it over the players head.
It makes us look tinpot and ameturish.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 371
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.