Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,036 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
paul1717
February 19, 2021, 2:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

So I think we’ve discussed this to death now.

Might revisit this if anything new crops up.

Unless you hear from me I’ve nothing to add.

Don’t get too carried away with yourselves though.

Got to start being more realistic about things guys.

Everyone has an opinion though I guess

Me thinks he was a Blue Peter cat, how appropriate!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 299
RonMariner
February 19, 2021, 3:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226

Why would that shut me up. Your assertion that I am a board member is wrong. I am not an executive, a director, or even an employee of Grimsby Town Football Club.

Are you Chris Eubank?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 299
DB
February 19, 2021, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386

I think I made my position abundantly clear in my last reply to you.

Why do you feel there is more to answer? Why do think I’m in a position to answer them? Why do you come across as being so entitled to such info even if I had it for you?

Why have you also been so clever that you have missed my clearest clue to date of the many I’ve given over the weeks since the Alex May saga

You said "As a club we could .". The 'we' infers by you in the context of the statement (Reply 153) that you are part of the the management. A fan would use the term 'The club'. You then go on to say "not deny supporters wishes to do what they wanted".  The 'we' in the full sentence certainly suggests that the club did not want to deny supporters their wishes etc.

This is crystal clear statement by you and not an opinion. You write as if you are in a privileged position of knowledge about the club which mere mortal fans are not.

Not wishing to bore forumites  with other details from your comments, you have brought all my questions upon yourself. You make statements, infer that you are in a position of information and then wonder in amazement why you are questioned.

I'm all in favour of free speech and opinions whether I like them or not. Democracy is what this country is all about. What I am not in favour of is people ( look in a mirror) who make a statement and then wonder why they draw questions from it.

Finally I have the faintest idea what "Why have you also been so clever that you have missed my clearest clue to date of the many I’ve given over the weeks since the Alex May saga " is all about. Your either on an ego trip or away with the fairies.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 299
Bristol Mariner
February 19, 2021, 5:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79

Not really in terms of the club. The club is a plc and so all investment into the club would have been transparent. If the club had accepted £1 million of investment, the source of that investment could never have been hidden.

Had Mr Mays investment been via a business vehicle outside of the club, such as a holding company purchasing a new training facility for the benefit of the club and wider community operations, that too would have been entirely transparent.

At council level, any meetings May attended with NELC for business purposes, for instance on feasibility etc. - would also have been minutes and are a matter of public record. Outside of council committee meetings, council executives and officers would also have access to records of these meetings.

There’s no cloak and dagger about any of this. Let’s be honest guys as the cards are clearly visible on the table. None of the fans May outrage is based upon anything that the club or John has done illegally. There’s no law against May investing money. The outrage is simply because football supporters felt morally obliged to vent their spline, and were steadfast in not wanting a person with a criminal record investing money in their club.

I wonder how many existing GTFC shareholders have a criminal record?

I wonder how fans would react if a gangster Russian wanted to buy the club? Or a Saudis Sheik with appalling human rights records etc.

Yea Friskney I’m sure it goes further as you suggested. Going further doesn’t mean illegality or impropriety though either.

There’s will be some very revealing clarity in due course.

Criminal record, he did time for stealing millions you male private.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 299
It Bites
February 19, 2021, 7:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,214
Gold Stars: 265

I think I made my position abundantly clear in my last reply to you.

Why do you feel there is more to answer? Why do think I’m in a position to answer them? Why do you come across as being so entitled to such info even if I had it for you?

Why have you also been so clever that you have missed my clearest clue to date of the many I’ve given over the weeks since the Alex May saga

So it's obvious you are a female but who are you ...? . I know but I'll let the others have fun guessing first ☺️
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 299
ginnywings
February 19, 2021, 7:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Rosa Klebb?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 299
DB
February 19, 2021, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from It Bites

So it's obvious you are a female but who are you ...? . I know but I'll let the others have fun guessing first ☺️

I'm not on social media but I did google Fillipe Noche and found on twitter a
@FillipeNoche
Commercial Solicitor, Director, Football Fan, Eternal Optimist.

So are you the elusive Mr Philip Day or

have you used his twitter name?

Of course as you said on a previous post if you don't know the answer then you don't have to reply do you!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 299
RonMariner
February 19, 2021, 7:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Are you Lobby Lud?

I claim my £10.

(Look it up...)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 299
realist
February 19, 2021, 7:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41

Why would that shut me up. Your assertion that I am a board member is wrong. I am not an executive, a director, or even an employee of Grimsby Town Football Club.

Are you the front end of an behind noche?   No
Are you the rear end of an behind.....no

Then you must be no end of an behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 299
GollyGTFC
February 19, 2021, 7:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,966
Gold Stars: 356
So I think we’ve discussed this to death now.

Might revisit this if anything new crops up.

Unless you hear from me I’ve nothing to add.

Don’t get too carried away with yourselves though.

Got to start being more realistic about things guys.

Everyone has an opinion though I guess

This defending Fenty like he's perfect is getting as boring as it is laughable.

Why can't you just admit he's brought himself, the club & the council into disrepute?

A good public servant doesn't get involved with convicted fraudsters.

Those are the key points you fail to acknowledge.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 279 - 299
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.