TAGG
September 30, 2017, 6:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,948
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from barrattstandman
Summerfield looked knackered to me , run his legs off gave everything and was running on empty. Slade saw things most of you didn't cos you hate Slade . I call it good judgement

Okay Mrs Slade calm down đź‘ś

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 145
Ahh Sole
September 30, 2017, 6:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Summerfield looked knackered to me , run his legs off gave everything and was running on empty. Slade saw things most of you didn't cos you hate Slade . I call it good judgement

I don't hate Slade. But he did sign Dixon and Matt who were dreadful today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 145
GrimRob
September 30, 2017, 6:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,422
Gold Stars: 113

However, there is no way that team is Slade's preferred choice. As usual we have gone for the two for the price of one option on players - we have 4 centre forwards all of whom are shocking.

Unless we can get some new investment into the club we are just going to be supporters because we love the club, not because we expect any success.

All the worst players are the ones Slade has brought in. We have just had in PH a manager that generally brought good players in for the sort of wages we offer. Even MB made a few reasonable signings. I don't accept our budget has suddenly become so poor we have had to drop to inferior signings - we'll get relegated if we continue to make such poor signings. I assume most of the pre-Slade players will be towards the end of their contracts and leave soon. It doesn't matter what way you play or how you line up, you need to have the players who have the ability to deliver your instructions on the pitch.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 145
RoboCod
September 30, 2017, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Weird Lincoln fans. Turning up to watch a big telly, reported as 2,000 fans in the seats. Really?

[img]http://i1.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/article558909.ece/ALTERNATES/s458/Imps-big-screen-1.jpg[/img]

Even a Gimps fan in the Echo comments said 500. Pretty sure Donald Trump is behind all the hoo-hah surrounding their found mega status.
As for the comments, hilarious.

Steve Watson, 63, also a fan of the imps for as long as he can remember (about 8 months), added: “I think we should have won by at least three.
“I thought the ref was paid by Grimsby."

Lynn Richie, 53, an Imps fan of 35 years (but couldn't be arsed to queue for the actual tickets) said..
“I think we had the chances so we should have won.
“This is my first time in over thirty-five years getting to watch Lincoln a big screen. It was a good decision and I really enjoyed it.”

Ann Rudkin and her partner were critical of the screen, although were thankful to the club for affording them the opportunity to watch the game live.
“The sound and the picture was distorted – at one point the ball looked like a square.
We have travelled all the way from Grantham to watch this, but at least we didn’t lose the match.
We appreciate the effort from the club and liked the atmosphere but don’t think we would do it again...”"
she said, keeping in the spirit of the neo-Lincoln-Cowley opportunist fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 145
Swansea_Mariner
September 30, 2017, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,456
Gold Stars: 63
I don't get it when people say this team wasn't Slades preferred team, every manager misses out on players, therefore only rarely do manages get their preferred team. I remember Hurst saying once he went through 20 strikers on a list before landing one.

Matt was definitely Slades plan A, we were in for him early on, Hooper was plan B or C or D then plan A became available again.  Clarke, Rose and Kelly were definitely plan A, as Dembele appears to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 145
Freemoash88
September 30, 2017, 6:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
If you take the derby element out of it. Today was just two average mid table teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 145
Zmariner
September 30, 2017, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
we never looked like scoring at any point, Matt and Dixon were poor. Summerfield stand out the best. Been bored senseless in all home games this season and if had not got a season ticket would not be there simple as that. Slade recruitment horrible I struggle to find one player that has improved us and a lot are worse. Lincoln play hoofball like us but have some better players. Cancelled other plans for early kick off. With this squad I will be very happy to get 50 points utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 145
Ahh Sole
September 30, 2017, 6:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from Zmariner
we never looked like scoring at any point, Matt and Dixon were poor. Summerfield stand out the best. Been bored senseless in all home games this season and if had not got a season ticket would not be there simple as that. Slade recruitment horrible I struggle to find one player that has improved us and a lot are worse. Lincoln play hoofball like us but have some better players. Cancelled other plans for early kick off. With this squad I will be very happy to get 50 points utm

Three very pertinent words. Clarke no better than Pearson, Rose no better than Summerfield/Berrett/Clements, Matt/Hooper dreadful, Dixon not fit to lace Danny Andrew's boots, Dembele/DJ no end product, Woolford unfit, Kelly worse than all of the above and the fact that Killip and Cardwell are perpetual bench warmers is probably beneficial to their careers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 145
Freemoash88
September 30, 2017, 7:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I wonder what Slade could of done with John-Lewis  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 145
golfer
September 30, 2017, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116

He was injured FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 145
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.