friskneymariner
October 2, 2017, 8:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Similar to Vernon and Hooper if you give Matt the ball to his feet he's probably going to do better, when will we learn route 1 does us no favors?

Slade claims he does not instruct his players to play longball,if he does not they are disregarding his instructions,who do you believe?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 145
Garth
October 2, 2017, 8:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from friskneymariner

Slade claims he does not instruct his players to play longball,if he does not they are disregarding his instructions,who do you believe?

Who do you?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 145
Mariner_09
October 2, 2017, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Keeping the ball on the deck would probably favour Dembele, Berrett, Woolford, Hooper, Vernon and Jones does suggest we should do just that!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 145
friskneymariner
October 2, 2017, 10:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Garth

Who do you?

Have not got a clue.If you believe Slade then he has a problem.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 145
moosey_club
October 2, 2017, 10:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner_09
Keeping the ball on the deck would probably favour Dembele, Berrett, Woolford, Hooper, Vernon and Jones does suggest we should do just that!

Dembele in particular needs the ball to his feet, not into the space in front of him, he comes to the ball every time looking for it but often it sails over his head into the channel for Matt/Vernon/whoever to chase down.
I am beginning to think what is the point of him being in the team when tactics/ his team mates dont play to his strengths, we are clearly set up to play narrow with ageing full backs who struggle to push on and support and then Woolford on one wing who also cant be effective as an attacking winger...Dembele in his current role wont be as effective as he potentially can be....would love to see him picking the ball up 30 yds from their goal and running at their last line of defence more often.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 145
grimsby pete
October 2, 2017, 10:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from lowerfindus

He had a bad game. Exactly!!!!!

Not the only one I'm afraid. Benefits from having Woolford infront.

We have a lot of players low on confidence. It's far too early just to write them off.  Much like our form most GTFC players are very up and down at the moment.

That's what the manager needs to sort!

Or the players should stop reading the Fishy,

If they was a little low on confidence before they will be after reading this.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 145
Ahh Sole
October 2, 2017, 10:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from friskneymariner

The ability to play along the ground depends on the rest of the team moving into space to make themselves available. There is a shortage of attackers at GTFC who do that - I honestly thought that would be something that Woolford would be better at but him, Matt & Jones were all culpable of a lot of ball-watching on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 145
AndyDarloFC
October 3, 2017, 1:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Here's my take on the game, or from what I remember about it as a whole.

- 2 poor teams with absolutely no end product.
- Seemed like Dembele could be a very good player if he plays to his strengths. Very quick and looks like he could be useful, needs to be track back more.
- Jaiyesimi looked like he spent more time on his bottom than out else when he come on. How many times did he slip over?
- Was expecting more from Lincoln, poor overall.
- Why was Summerfield taken off? He looked the best player on the pitch.
- Good turnout from both sets of fans too.

Still, my run continues. Haven't seen Town lose in a long time  

I'll be back! #UpTheMariners

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 137 - 145
Maringer
October 3, 2017, 7:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
I think you're getting Jaiyesimi mixed up with Rose who slipped onto his arris about three or four times after coming on! I suppose Jaiyesimi did slip over once or twice but he was mostly turning down the opportunity to go down the line because he wanted to keep it on his right foot. Lots of left foot kicking practice required for that lad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 145
forza ivano
October 3, 2017, 9:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from rancido

The  Board , including JF, and the Chief Executive of course but that is for the whole squad. How the manager utilises that budget is down to him. There is no way that Slade had to bring in so many players  this summer. Fewer better signings would have cost no more and would have been beneficial to the team in general. Slade has got nearly all of his signings wrong this summer and that has nothing to do with JF.

In your blind detestation of slade you've conveniently forgotten the injuries we had and still have and all the suspensions we've had to cope with, which means we've had to use almost the whole squad already. If we only had 22 we'd have been struggling to put a bench out at times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 145
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.