15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
September 30, 2017, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Better performance than Tuesday and probably a fair result, the final third letting us down again.
Lincoln, although they shaded it with posession, were no better.
Best performers for me were Summerfield, Collins, Davies and Woolford.
Bags of effort from Jones and Vernon when he came on but Matt just offered nothing, and Dembele was better than his last game. I thought Dixon was woeful.
And just a word about Nicky Cowley, I sit behind the away dugout and what a moaning g** he is, never stopped all game.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 145
jonnyboy82
September 30, 2017, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Ahh Sole

You really don't like Berrett, do you?

No.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 145
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2017, 5:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thought the ref was ok today however the linesman was not up to the job. Is it just me or do we seem to give a shed load of free kicks away most games today included?

Another point worth mentioning today our dead ball situations were very disappointing today have we not got anybody that can whip a cross in?

The floated crosses/corners are far  to easy to deal with by the keeper or defenders, they on the other hand whipped some lovely balls in the box which our defence did well to deal with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 145
Mariner93er
September 30, 2017, 5:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Our set piece balls weren't even floated In, they never beat the first man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 145
GrimRob
September 30, 2017, 6:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We created nothing all game. That's not really good enough at home as it's not as though Lincoln are runaway leaders.mckeown made a fine reflex save which kept us in the game, we could easily have lost as they had all the best chances. Matt and Dixon were awful. This season is a quest for 50 points, we just don't have a good enough squad to expect more. I don't think Jose mourinho could get promotion with this squad. Only question for me is whether slade should be given the next transfer window given how poor his recruitment was in the summer. Was interesting to note the Cowley brothers after the game. They looked like leaders coming off the pitch, hugging players even some of ours and milking their fans applause. If only......

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 145
arryarryarry
September 30, 2017, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
A bit like the Colchester game in so far as I thought both teams were quite poor with Lincoln looking slightly more dangerous.

Agree with most of the comments about Summerfield easily our best player and just couldn't understand him being replaced by Rose unless he was injured as Rose was poor when he came on.

I thought Matt just didn't look like a professional footballer which was disappointing after his performance at Accrington. I also thought Dixon was very poor and would like to see us try for another left back in January.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 145
TownSNAFU5
September 30, 2017, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Some sound comments above.  We have a lack of quality but could improve on the basics:

Corners usually very poor;
Freekicks (oh dear);
Throw-ins (I counted at 3 that went to Lincoln players);
Crosses made when in good positions;  (what crosses?);
Not using the space on the wings;
More movement needed up front.  It is easier to mark static players;
2 players going for the same ball;
defensive"clearances" going up in the air instead of away from danger; and
Players trying to do too much by taking on 2 or 3 players (and losing possession) when a pass was on:

The linesman in front of the Findus could be in the next SpecSavers advert. He missed 3 blatant offsides.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 145
TAGG

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Jimmy Mac did okay when called on.

The two CBs were solid against some big fellows, Davis okay, Dixon is the worst full back at this club for years.

Summerfield mom, Berrett, Dembelli okay Woolford good footballer but looks unfit

Attack non existent. Matt just doesnt do it for me and Jones is a massive disappointment.

Both teams as bad as each other. Lincoln are not all that, lots of the ball but like Town do fook all with it.
Rubbish game, rubbish tactics, rubbish substitutions.
We are stuck with Fentys pal so more of the same I'm afraid.

Nevermind UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 145
lew chaterleys lover
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from GrimRob
We created nothing all game. That's not really good enough at home as it's not as though Lincoln are runaway leaders.mckeown made a fine reflex save which kept us in the game, we could easily have lost as they had all the best chances. Matt and Dixon were awful. This season is a quest for 50 points, we just don't have a good enough squad to expect more. I don't think Jose mourinho could get promotion with this squad. Only question for me is whether slade should be given the next transfer window given how poor his recruitment was in the summer. Was interesting to note the Cowley brothers after the game. They looked like leaders coming off the pitch, hugging players even some of ours and milking their fans applause. If only......

I agree with your first sentence, and we do indeed look poor.

However, there is no way that team is Slade's preferred choice. As usual we have gone for the two for the price of one option on players - we have 4 centre forwards all of whom are shocking.

Unless we can get some new investment into the club we are just going to be supporters because we love the club, not because we expect any success.

I don't rate the Cowleys either, if that is the team they have put together after all the hype.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 145
barrattstandman
September 30, 2017, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Summerfield looked knackered to me , run his legs off gave everything and was running on empty. Slade saw things most of you didn't cos you hate Slade . I call it good judgement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 145
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.