12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 5:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Worrying lack of cohesion allied to a jittery defence equals trouble. Two absolute brain farts from Collins. The first costing a goal and the second, which was stupid beyond belief, cost us any chance of getting back into the game. Not that we ever do comebacks. If we go behind in a game, it's almost certainly a draw at best and usually a defeat, which is an ongoing problem.

Dixon done twice for their first and third but we gave them a two goal head start with soft defending. We are just too easy to score against. Their third was a good goal but the cross should have been cut out. We never beat Wycombe, so i don't know why i'm surprised in the least. Another bang average side with paltry fans come to BP and take the three points from us all too easily.

I have no idea what Kelly is supposed to be doing or where he is playing. Is he a winger or midfielder?

Wonder what excuses Slade will use this time, though to be fair, it would be nice to finish a game with 11 men.

For Sale- 1 season ticket, lightly used- £250.00
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 111
mariner tommy
August 26, 2017, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Cloudy

What did Clarke do to get singled out?

Neither centre half played as a unit in my opinion.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 111
Grimbiggs
August 26, 2017, 5:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Better 2nd half, but you can't keep giving soft goals away (The Beast was unmarked twice), and game was lost in the 1st half when we went 2-0 down. The midfield is pedestrian, and the build up in play is so slow, even when we counter attack. The only time we looked threatening was last 20 mins when we were down to 10 men and had no plan. Hooper put himself about, but was to isolated, and took his only chance with a superb strike. Kelly was anoymous, and Clarke and Collins dire, with a stupid needless reckless challenge, that yet again produced another red card. Rose and Berrett worked hard, but lack anything creative , and whilst Dembelle tried, he eventually ran out of steam. Mills played ok, and it may be worth starting with Jaiyesimi, because at least he tried to make things happen. Osbourne threw himself about and at least won a couple of flick on in the opponets penalty area, and with Collins out through suspension at least we ll get a look at him again, although it makes you wonder why Pearson was allowed to leave. At home we have to play with two strikers if we're ever going to win a game. Either Rose or Berrett need to be sacrificed, and preferably replaced with Clements, and Cardwell needs to be given a chance with Hooper. We seriously need some creativity, and the likes of Osbourne to make a return. For all Wycombes endeavour and cheating, they are nt that good. So whilst its still early days, its pretty obvious that we are going to be struggling at the wrong end of the table, and this squad isn't good enough. Onwards and upwards...UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 111
Maringer
August 26, 2017, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,497
Gold Stars: 185
My Dad said there was a blatant foul before their winner? Did the ref have an influence on any of the other goals?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
NorthseaMariner
August 26, 2017, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Maringer
My Dad said there was a blatant foul before their winner? Did the ref have an influence on any of the other goals?

Looked a push to me, but expect the keeper to get anything that close to goal.

As for their pen I couldn't even make it out on the replays in the bar.

Oh well, onwards and hopefully upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
oldun
August 26, 2017, 6:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Pretty sure their pen was for handball but there is some debate about whether it was a Town hand or a Wycombe hand. It is the ref's decision that counts. We played as well with 10 men as we had before and looked more threatening. Did not miss Kelly. DJ looked useful when they managed to pass the ball to him. Dembele ran out of steam but he was asked to play everywhere. Needs to be out wide. Mills was my mom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 111
barralad
August 26, 2017, 6:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
The ref signalled hand ball for the first penalty. From the Ponny it looked like their player handled it but having seen it again in the bar it really is too tough to call.
I thought Collins and Clarke originally handled Akinfenwe well which makes them giving him time to turn for the first goal even more inexplicable.
We get back in it and Collins makes a challenge which you wouldn't expect from a rookie defender.
Great strike from Hooper but once they retook the lead we huffed and puffed without any real guile although you are always up against it with 10 men.
Rose put himself about. Mills gave us some much needed pace at full back.
Dembele will need to get used to games like today because teams realise what a threat he is and will make it vey hard for him.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 111
Mrs Doyle
August 26, 2017, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
i would love to see their peno from where I was sat it looked a clear hand ball but by their player

Having said that we failed miserably to contain Akinfewa he won everything in attack and defence.

We looked toothless up front apart from Hoopers goal he lacks aggression and passion Dembele is doubled and tripled up on teams have worked him out as the main danger.

Another double yellow we now have the worst record in every league not fecking good enough Slade,  

NOT FECKING GOOD ENOUGH.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 111
gobby
August 26, 2017, 6:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Their penalty was handball by Collins. You can not have your arm in the air when attempting to jump for the ball. Some say he was pushed but no one argued the case. Yes the Ref had a mare but we just was not up to it. I feel we have the players in there somewhere but RS seems to struggle to get the best out of them. 5 games 5 Reds and RS says there is no discipline problem within the club! When the fine eventually drops on the floor make him pay it. I am really downbeat at the moment and can not see another win in us, but come Saturday we go again.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
TAGG
August 26, 2017, 6:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from oldun
Pretty sure their pen was for handball but there is some debate about whether it was a Town hand or a Wycombe hand. It is the ref's decision that counts. We played as well with 10 men as we had before and looked more threatening. Did not miss Kelly. DJ looked useful when they managed to pass the ball to him. Dembele ran out of steam but he was asked to play everywhere. Needs to be out wide. Mills was my mom.

The pen was handball by Town player (Collins I think)

Felt sorry for Hooper, thought he ran his socks off and did a descent job.
DJ is a milion times better than Kellly
Osborne looked good when he came on.
Mills mom by a long way.

We need to improve soon or the club will be back in non league and GTFC will be a dead club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.