stevethefish
August 26, 2017, 10:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
So.....

Ridiculous disciplinary record after 5 games ....

Genuinely Unlucky with injuries so far ......the worst for years I would suggest.

BUT.......Exactly same position as last year...

Won first league game, lost next three league games with a hardfought loss to Derby in the cup sandwiched in the middle.

Trends are worrying, but still extremely early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 111
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Grantley
Also, I'll say it again but getting rid of Bignot was a mistake. He was building a project that would've cost money and Fenty panicked. Now we've a cheap squad with no real strengths but staff that we for some reason couldn't get under Bignot?

What does "building a project mean"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
Mighty_Mariner
August 26, 2017, 10:29pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Still not convinced it was Collins that handled it looked like a Wycombe players hand that deflected the ball.

Either way it matters not we are joint bottom,have the worst discipline of any side and look disjointed in every area of the pitch.  

Collins admitted after the game he had handled it but said he was pushed in the back by a Wycombe player which the officials missed.... among with a lot of overt things I might add!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
arryarryarry
August 26, 2017, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Clear hand ball by Collins, no idea why his hand was so high up.

Apart from 10/15 minutes in the second half we were poor as were Wycombe.

One up front again and no effort at goal till the penalty.

Too many poor players and I include Hooper despite his cracking goal.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
Grantley
August 26, 2017, 11:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What does "building a project mean"?

Developing a youth system that produces for the future, improving the training ground, allowing younger players to develop and buying good non-league players to sell for profit. Football clubs aren't just about what happens on the pitch these days.

And before anyone says, I know that he naive tactically and in the media. They were big weaknesses. And if the rumours are to be believed, wasn't the best person to take training.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 111
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantley

Developing a youth system that produces for the future, improving the training ground, allowing younger players to develop and buying good non-league players to sell for profit. Football clubs aren't just about what happens on the pitch these days.

And before anyone says, I know that he naive tactically and in the media. They were big weaknesses. And if the rumours are to be believed, wasn't the best person to take training.

Utter clap trap...........and a post that I hope is tongue in cheek.

The Youth system was in place before and during Hurst's time, not sure he improved the training ground, the only youngster he picked was Henderson then he threw him under a bus on the radio after an inept managerial performance at Stevenage, how many non league players have been sold for profit? None in fact the good ones are all injured as he threw them straight in from part time training to full time which makes them vulnerable to injuries.

Add to this he signed his mates from Kiddy and Mansfield, appointed a head of recruitment who instead of being out on match days spotting talent sets the cones out for the warm up, Had no credible reserve keeper for the last 5 months of the season, moaned abut the pitch at Cheapside but declined the offer of numerous training pitches about the town. Made himself and at time the club look idiotic in the media etc.. etc.. etc...

Yeah it's not all "just about what happens on the pitch these days" but it should be!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 111
Grantley
August 26, 2017, 11:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Utter clap trap...........and a post that I hope is tongue in cheek.

The Youth system was in place before and during Hurst's time, not sure he improved the training ground, the only youngster he picked was Henderson then he threw him under a bus on the radio after an inept managerial performance at Stevenage, how many non league players have been sold for profit? None in fact the good ones are all injured as he threw them straight in from part time training to full time which makes them vulnerable to injuries.

Add to this he signed his mates from Kiddy and Mansfield, appointed a head of recruitment who instead of being out on match days spotting talent sets the cones out for the warm up, Had no credible reserve keeper for the last 5 months of the season, moaned abut the pitch at Cheapside but declined the offer of numerous training pitches about the town. Made himself and at time the club look idiotic in the media etc.. etc.. etc...

Yeah it's not all "just about what happens on the pitch these days" but it should be!  

Why would it be?

The same youth system that has sold about 2 players for money in about 10 years? Don't see why he'd get to improve the training ground, that costs money. I have to agree about Henderson... but what about those youngsters I assume he'd been promised that he could sign? He was adamant Venney, Wright and Clifton would be kept on so someone pulled the plug on that deal. And I think you're being quite picky about the 'injured good non-league players'- Osborne's injury came after nearly a month of pre-season, 3 months after Bignot left. And who was it that discovered Bogle in the first place?

Change a couple of words in your last paragraph and we can apply that to Paul Hurst's reign as well.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 111
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantley

Why would it be?

The same youth system that has sold about 2 players for money in about 10 years? Don't see why he'd get to improve the training ground, that costs money. I have to agree about Henderson... but what about those youngsters I assume he'd been promised that he could sign? He was adamant Venney, Wright and Clifton would be kept on so someone pulled the plug on that deal. And I think you're being quite picky about the 'injured good non-league players'- Osborne's injury came after nearly a month of pre-season, 3 months after Bignot left. And who was it that discovered Bogle in the first place?

Change a couple of words in your last paragraph and we can apply that to Paul Hurst's reign as well.

Interesting point about Bogle considering before Bignot signed him he had been at Celtic, Brum and West Brom as a youngster. Could be argued that Hurst "discovered him" as he took him from the 2nd tier of non league into the football league.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 111
Mrs Doyle
August 27, 2017, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Perkins

Say what you like about Akinfenwa but he's bloody effective and does what we have no one capable of doing.

He sure is we failed miserably against him he's a man mountain but the ultimate target man.

His wining goal was so easy a (FREE HEADER) our defence seemily totally fecked without Collins but NOBODY even challenged him for that header so disappointing.

As he waddled back to the half way line with a beaming smile you could not help but think yeah you did us again big fella.

The awful reality is Blundell Park as become a easy win for teams and as been for quite a while.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
Cloudy
August 27, 2017, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grantley
Also, I'll say it again but getting rid of Bignot was a mistake. He was building a project that would've cost money and Fenty panicked. Now we've a cheap squad with no real strengths but staff that we for some reason couldn't get under Bignot?

I still believe getting rid of Bignot was correct. Whether having Slade lined up to replace him was right is another matter
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.