This thread currently has 16,413 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
August 26, 2017, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Wycombe were poor but didn't have to do much for the 3 points.

Just felt we lacked any real drive or ambition for the whole game except for a 10 min spell when we scored.

Hooper scored a stunner but prior to that had been a passenger. Kelly has been subbed twice at half time in a week and went off after an hour or so (?) in the other. Again passenger.

Dembele was eased off the ball all game. The word will have gone round.

Ref was atrocious but don't let that disguise how poor we were.

Collins wants a big fine. Experienced defender? That was the most naive challenge knowing he was on a yellow. A 17 year old would have managed the situation far better.

By and large Clarke, Mills did well enough and the lad from Norwich added a bit of spark as did Caldwell in fits and starts.

Deadline day this week. Hope RS has he wheeling and dealing cap on and Fenty releasing some funds otherwise it's gonna be a hell of a struggle
Private Message
Hagrid
August 26, 2017, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Worried? Too right. We are quite awful, if dembele isnt on song we have nothing at all. Hooper bit better today and a great strike for us goal, in a way was positive that we showed a bit of fight but as footballers, we are extremely poor. collins you're an idiot, what on earth was he doing?! Ref again awful but im fed up of saying that. We have problems, and if we dont sign minimum 4 before deadline day, i dont see us moving anywhere but downwards. Fans wont put up with this, its dire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 111
mariner tommy
August 26, 2017, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
We managed to get a toe hold back in the game at 2-2, which was hardly deserved.
But our two most experienced players lost that for us, both our centre halves.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 111
Cloudy
August 26, 2017, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from mariner tommy
We managed to get a toe hold back in the game at 2-2, which was hardly deserved.
But our two most experienced players lost that for us, both our centre halves.

What did Clarke do to get singled out?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 111
NorthseaMariner
August 26, 2017, 5:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Who hand balled it for the pen, couldn't tell from the Upper?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 111
Hagrid
August 26, 2017, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
We start every game with 10 basically. I am seeing nothing from Kelly to show he is worthy of a place in the 11.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 111
mariner tommy
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

I think it was Collins but not certain

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 111
Grantley
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Defence generally ok except for Collins stupid sending off. Looked like he didn't give a excrement. Whole midfield was ineffective and if Sam Kelly starts the next game, I think I'll have lost any remaining faith in Slade.

Hooper was a bit better than I anticipated and was alright with the ball at his feet, great strike for his goal.

Subs made a difference as DJ and Cardwell added some pace and skill when they came on. Osborne looked assured, at least he'll get a chance vs Crewe.

Rose and Dembele had poor games but still wanted the ball. When Clements is properly back, I really hope he gets a look in.

Mckeown isn't very good at the minute is he? He's not even trying to save most of the goals we concede. Kilip may well he his chance soon.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 111
Mikoo
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
The annoying thing is the majority of goals against us are  from set pieces/balls into the box. Slade prides himself on organised defences and keeping it tight at the back but that just isn't happening.

Something is obviously not working and I'm praying it gets sorted because 6 goals scored in 4 games isn't too bad, but our defence needs to improve massively, especially in the air.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 111
Mariner Ronnie
August 26, 2017, 5:44pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

I thought it was one of their players from the lower findus, but didn't see much appealing from our players, must have been a foul.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 111
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.