Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 204 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,344 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
June 5, 2017, 9:52am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
If any of my friends, family or even myself were murdered by these filth I wouldn't want candles or mealy mouthed words, just swift and bloody vengeance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 123
grimsby pete
June 5, 2017, 10:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

How many more police would we need to stop one or three terrorists getting into a van and running over people
?

Did France have any idea when the same thing and worse happened in their country ?

Now is not the time to play the blame game,

Now is the time for everybody to come together and work out what is the best thing to do.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 123
Grantley
June 5, 2017, 10:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from GYinScuntland
If any of my friends, family or even myself were murdered by these filth I wouldn't want candles or mealy mouthed words, just swift and bloody vengeance.

And that's exactly why they don't let the families make that sort of decision.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 123
MarinerMal
June 5, 2017, 10:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GYinScuntland

How would you apply that swift and bloody vengeance?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 123
Maringer
June 5, 2017, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,508
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

I was going on by what I saw him say on the BBC website,

If you can not trust them who can you trust ?

How do we know if anything is just made up , twisted or just a lie ?

I still would not trust him as Prime Minister.

The BBC certainly wanted to give the impression you got, which is why Kuenssberg was given a telling off by the BBC Trust. Trust the BBC as much as you like, but you have to be aware of their biases - Nick Robinson famously did a report during the Scottish Independence referendum where he lied about Salmond replying to a question. For some reason, the BBC Trust decided Robinson was allowed to utter complete falsehoods in his report:

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/2722/bbc-verdict-nick-robinson-indyref-complaints-no-bias-here

Pretty shocking.

If you don't want to trust Corbyn, that's up to you, but May is the one who is openly lying and distorting facts in recent weeks. Here's a good one which slipped through yesterday. A former Met officer noting that Theresa May (Home Secretary 2010-2016) has openly lied about the police numbers which were, of course, cut by May:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/.....ondon-attacks-video/

You'll see the video clip from Sky News on that link. Sorry can't work out to show the direct link.

As for the shoot to kill thing - you realise that our police still don't have an official shoot to kill policy? Minimal force should always be used but this will in the case of suicide attackers lead to most of them being killed. Heck, even the US police don't have an official shoot to kill policy, trigger-happy though they may be. We have to operate within the rule of law, so credit to the police for doing their jobs to the best of their ability. Bear in mind that it is much better to capture these terrorists alive because then you can interrogate and try to find out if they have accomplices. You can't get much in the way of intelligence from a corpse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 123
Mariner93er
June 5, 2017, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I think this whole thread highlights how incredibly complex the situation is, far from it simply being about a warped faith. Finding a solution may be nigh on impossible, as I think our foreign policy has created enough hatred to fuel the hate preachers manipulation for a time ahead. In fact, I'm certain there isn't a short term solution, only a two fold long term one. For the first part we obviously need to be coming down harder on the hate preachers and those 2000 odd (I believe the figure is) who are on the radicalized watch list. This would be nothing more than a matter of damaged limitation at this stage. Then we need to look at ourselves in the mirror and confess what we could be doing better. Terrorism is fueled by hatred, and we have been all too willing to add fuel to their cause, through our ridiculous campaigns in the region, which have been filled with hypocricy. I haven't found any figures, but I'm confident in saying many more innocent Muslim children will have been killed by western bombs than western children killed by terrorist bombs since the turn of the century. The damage is already done in this aspect, but in the long term, this has to change otherwise hatred towards the west will only continue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 123
ginnywings
June 5, 2017, 10:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete

How many more police would we need to stop one or three terrorists getting into a van and running over people
?

Did France have any idea when the same thing and worse happened in their country ?

Now is not the time to play the blame game,

Now is the time for everybody to come together and work out what is the best thing to do.

Unless you are blaming Corbyn for something that he might do in the future. May has had 7 years as Home Secretary and Prime Minister and has systematically cut the security services.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 123
Rick12
June 5, 2017, 12:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

Then why have you, on several occasions, criticised people who have sex before marriage?
Ive touched on this before but I think you misinterpreted  my point but I will elaborate.I dont think there is nothing wrong with sex before marriage but just causal sex with many partners.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 123
grimsby pete
June 5, 2017, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer

If you don't want to trust Corbyn, that's up to you, but May is the one who is openly lying and distorting facts in recent weeks. Here's a good one which slipped through yesterday. A former Met officer noting that Theresa May (Home Secretary 2010-2016) has openly lied about the police numbers which were, of course, cut by May:

Bear in mind that it is much better to capture these terrorists alive because then you can interrogate and try to find out if they have accomplices. You can't get much in the way of intelligence from a corpse.

The thing is Mate if we can not trust what the BBC tell us why should we trust anything anybody tells us including the bits you have quoted  ?

Regarding taking the terrorist alive is a bit risky instead of them dropping on the spot,

How many other innocent people could be killed or injured before the police could over power them,

BUT

If we did get them alive I would like a few electric shocks and other nice things applied to their bodies so they would tell us what we need to know.

It ain't gunner happen though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 123
Maringer
June 5, 2017, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,508
Gold Stars: 185
The stuff I quote is based on verifiable facts wherever possible. Like I say, the BBC is generally OK, but you've got to understand they have certain biases or, more precisely, the people running their news operations at this point in time do. As I've said in the past, James Harding, former editor of the Times has been the head of BBC News for some years and he's parachuted so many of his sort in that the right-wing bias is clearly visible from the top downwards. Best one of late was when Sarah Sands (ex-Daily Mail, ex-Daily Telegraph, ex-Evening Standard) was appointed as editor of the R4 Today programme - not one jot of experience of radio, but given the job without even applying, so I understand!

It has been very easy for these people to denigrate Corbyn due to their own biases and, of course, there are many right-leaning Labour MPs who have been briefing against him for two years now. Is it a coincidence that the polls have narrowed so enormously since the election began and they became legally bound to offer a more balanced view? I doubt it.

It's not just Labour who have suffered from this, of course. I'm far from a fan of UKIP and their right-wing, often bigoted policies, but there is little doubt that the BBC has gone for the jugular against Nuttall this election campaign. He's hopeless and his party has no reason for existence following the referendum result and since May attempted to adopt many of their policies for the kipper vote, but there has certainly been quite a bit of glee on show from BBC reporters as they have taken him down. Similarly, the SNP has taken unwarranted flack on occasions for perfectly reasonable statements because the BBC is extremely pro-Union in nature.

We have to trust that the police will make the correct decisions and, during any attacks, I think it reasonable that shooting to kill is more likely to occur, especially if there is concern about bombs, but it is a good idea to ensure that there isn't an unofficial order to just kill them. Bad for evidence gathering and also more likely that the police will make errors if they are guns-blazing from the off. We have to trust that their training will keep the errors to a minimum.

Just to point out following your other comments, however, torture doesn't work. Despite what 24, Homeland and other TV shows might tell you, the evidence is that torture doesn't provide reliable intelligence:

https://www.scientificamerican.....-doesn-rsquo-t-work/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.