Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 180 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,346 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
June 4, 2017, 11:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Grim74

Have to disagree Forza I accept there are many law abiding peaceful Muslims but they are either living under strict barbaric Islamic law or are not true  Muslims as we see in this Country, they tend to be passive or moderate with no real interaction with Islam. My mum for example would say she was a catholic but only went to church once a year for midnight mass. It's the devout Muslim we should worry about the ones who don't cherry pick and believe the Koran to be the word of God the one true God. Islam is a military religion which doctrines th SUBMISSION and OBEDIENCE to Allah (the sharia) by following the example of the mass murdering Mohammed as the Self proclaimed “last prophet” of God.

To compare with Christianity is way off the mark the difference is that the Bible does NOT command to kill and the islamic doctrine clearly does. Islam inspires (or you could say brainwashes) muslims to do bad things so the more interaction any muslim has with islam, the more that muslim will be influenced by islam.

Disagree with the concert to be honest nothing against the organisers they mean well but it serves no purpose, singing songs clapping and dancing is a bit of an insult to the victims in my opinion and it's hardly going to put off the next set of terrorists WHEN THEY STRIKE  AGAIN!

Devout Muslims would probably still be breaking fast at the time of these attacks, which have strangely enough, happened during Ramadan. Doesn't seem like a good thing to do if you're a devout follower does it?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
Grim74
June 4, 2017, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grantley

Devout Muslims would probably still be breaking fast at the time of these attacks, which have strangely enough, happened during Ramadan. Doesn't seem like a good thing to do if you're a devout follower does it?

God willing!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new.....-ramadan-manchester/

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
mariner91
June 5, 2017, 12:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,650
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Rick12
Read the posts back and you will see why I posted that

I believe in God and think religion has done more good than bad throughout history though .At the end of the day were here a short time and like Grimsby Pete said when were gone were gone.Just try to live a good way and help others flourish along the way. Lifes to short for hate and negativity end of

I've read all the posts and you're the only that goes on about energy all the time?

I agree that people should try to live in a good way and if you can help others then great. But in my opinion I don't need a book written 2000 years ago to tell me how to do that because it's not relevant to the country or times that I live in.

My own personal take on religion is that Karl Marx was right when he described it as the opium of the masses. It was used for centuries to oppress and control the population. But once our understanding of the world and the universe started to broaden more and more people realised that things were explainable without an almighty deity. These days I think, like GrimRob said, that people like to feel as though they belong and some people turn to the church for that. Others, like my mother, get comfort from the thought that there might be an afterlife etc. And if people want to believe that, then great. But it really bugs me when people judge others who don't conform to what a 2000 year old book says. You live your life how you want to live and I won't judge you for it and that's all I ask for in return.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
Rick12
June 5, 2017, 7:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

My own personal take on religion is that Karl Marx was right when he described it as the opium of the masses. It was used for centuries to oppress and control the population. But once our understanding of the world and the universe started to broaden more and more people realised that things were explainable without an almighty deity. These days I think, like GrimRob said, that people like to feel as though they belong and some people turn to the church for that. Others, like my mother, get comfort from the thought that there might be an afterlife etc. And if people want to believe that, then great. But it really bugs me when people judge others who don't conform to what a 2000 year old book says. You live your life how you want to live and I won't judge you for it and that's all I ask for in return.
I accept your viewpoint mariner but my faith is not based on following a book eg the bible.It comes from something deep within  that I have had since young  and  external to any religious propaganda I have heard since.

In fact I think all faiths have some some good to them including Islam although the ones I gravitate to more than others are Christianity and Sikhism.

I agree like you have said atheists can be good people as well.But what I would say and Iam firm in my belief about this is long term good will always overcome the bad .

Period

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
codcheeky
June 5, 2017, 7:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
I accept your viewpoint mariner but my faith is not based on following a book eg the bible.It comes from something deep within  that I have had since young  and  external to any religious propaganda I have heard since.

In fact I think all faiths have some some good to them including Islam although the ones I gravitate to more than others are Christianity and Sikhism.

I agree like you have said atheists can be good people as well.But what I would say and Iam firm in my belief about this is long term good will always overcome the bad .

Period

Would you die for your faith Rick? After all eternity is a long time compared to your time on Earth. Perhaps more important would you kill for your faith? It is not that difficult to see how muslims are indoctrinated when irrationality is at the core of belief
Life
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
codcheeky
June 5, 2017, 8:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete

In an election you have a choice of who to vote for,

You choose Corbyn I choose May,

If I am prejudiced so are you , grow up and just except your choice is not every bodies.

You are right and I would much rather you voted for May than be not bothered, even though it's like voting for the Sherrill of Nottingham
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
grimsby pete
June 5, 2017, 8:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from codcheeky

You are right and I would much rather you voted for May than be not bothered, even though it's like voting for the Sherrill of Nottingham

I am not 100% behind the Tories but do not fancy having Robin Hood leading our country.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
mariner91
June 5, 2017, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,650
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Rick12

Period

Then why have you, on several occasions, criticised people who have sex before marriage?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
MarinerMal
June 5, 2017, 9:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Grim74

Have to disagree Forza I accept there are many law abiding peaceful Muslims but they are either living under strict barbaric Islamic law or are not true  Muslims as we see in this Country, they tend to be passive or moderate with no real interaction with Islam. My mum for example would say she was a catholic but only went to church once a year for midnight mass. It's the devout Muslim we should worry about the ones who don't cherry pick and believe the Koran to be the word of God the one true God. Islam is a military religion which doctrines th SUBMISSION and OBEDIENCE to Allah (the sharia) by following the example of the mass murdering Mohammed as the Self proclaimed “last prophet” of God.

To compare with Christianity is way off the mark the difference is that the Bible does NOT command to kill and the islamic doctrine clearly does. Islam inspires (or you could say brainwashes) muslims to do bad things so the more interaction any muslim has with islam, the more that muslim will be influenced by islam.

Disagree with the concert to be honest nothing against the organisers they mean well but it serves no purpose, singing songs clapping and dancing is a bit of an insult to the victims in my opinion and it's hardly going to put off the next set of terrorists WHEN THEY STRIKE  AGAIN!

I see you are still speaking from a position of fear, anger and ignorance, very much ignorance.

You have a very narrow view of Islam which I'm sure the vast majority of Muslims would disagree with your take on their religion. Many would be willing to educate you, not with anger and hate but with love and compassion.

In the name of Christianity many Muslims have been murdered and slaughtered and to many, this still still going on with the likes of the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and the bombs from the war on terror claiming innocent Muslim lives as "collateral damage". I'm sure you feel we're justified, how do you think they feel?

So it seems attacking their countries, invading them and bombing them only seems to exacerbate the problem. We need to show them our freedom of individual choice, our tolerance. Open up these societies, learn to integrate with them so they can integrate with us. Let them see the ones who commit such atrocious acts, attack their way of life as well as ours. Maybe then it will be a little tougher to radicalise people.

The concert seem like an excellent way to respond to the terrorists. What they chose to attack didn't stop it and only led to an even larger event broadcast around the world.I'm not sure how you could see it as an insult to the victims, I see it as a tribute. They were concert goers or parents of concert goings that was obviously what they loved to do. It showed the terrorists all they achieved was to force us all more together, to carry on as we do. To see the massive courage shown by all those children who attended and their parents, the tears from the young girl who sang on stage with Ariana Grande and the school choir, who must have been scared stiff but defiantly, carried on singing.

That moved me. You'll need to explain how you saw it all as an insult.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
ginnywings
June 5, 2017, 9:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.