Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 148 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,241 views. Print
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
June 4, 2017, 12:02am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Sketchy details but reports of hit and runs, stabbings and shots in the London Bridge area.
I fear it's only going to escalate and eventually seem like the norm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Skrill
June 4, 2017, 12:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
But Corbyn says its justified. It has been well over-time for action from our politicians, no more hashtags, no more pandering to PC talking points, strict immigration laws, search the Jihad Mosques that have had a hand in legitimating non-legitimate terrorist attacks. This is common sense.  

-- I wasn't linking Corybn to the attacks, however, would you trust someone in defence whom attempted to define the causation of these attacks without any afterthought?  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 123
Mariner Ronnie
June 4, 2017, 12:33am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
While there is no deterrent, this'll keep happening.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 123
mariner91
June 4, 2017, 1:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
I was 500m from the bridge at my mates flat, extremely scary. Finally made it home which is about a mile away but I'm not gonna lie I was bricking it walking back.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 123
Les Brechin
June 4, 2017, 8:32am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

What sort of deterrent do you think would make a difference seeing that the people who commit these atrocities are usually suicide bombers or willing to die for their twisted cause?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 8:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Skrill
But Corbyn says its justified. It has been well over-time for action from our politicians, no more hashtags, no more pandering to PC talking points, strict immigration laws, search the Jihad Mosques that have had a hand in legitimating non-legitimate terrorist attacks. This is common sense.  

To try to link Corbyn to these attacks is disgraceful, the truth is if we want to get involved in illegal wars and bombing campaigns there are always going to be consequences.
We are at war with these countries and unfortunately that means we have to expect to be attacked as well as  attacking others, we need to look at the policies of Blair and Cameron and May calling for wars allover the place backed by a Arms industry and Tory press with it's own agenda.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 8:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Deterrent? Should we threaten to bomb their countries if it happens again?  Like that really worked out well.
   We  have a deterrent, a nuclear one which we are going to spend £100 billion plus to update,  at the same time there is not enough money so the Tories have cut, border funding, 25000 from the armed forces and 20000 police despite them warning that this would !make attacks like this much more likely if we did.  Along with the Americans we have created areas of massive power vacuums and complete chaos a breeding ground for Jihadis and we are quite happy to sell as many arms ad we can to the Saudis who are the main sponsors of these groups, we need a whole rethink on our policy in the middle east and also on allowing faith schools of any kind in this country
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
I was 500m from the bridge at my mates flat, extremely scary. Finally made it home which is about a mile away but I'm not gonna lie I was bricking it walking back.

We have guests who were giving a concert in Bloomsbury and were planning to drive along the embankment and over London Bridge at exactly this time, but for one of them feeling unwell and tired(pregnant) we would have been there nearly to the minute, we heard about the attack as we were driving , it really does bring it home how easily it can be you or friends and family.  It is hard to see how these attacks can be stopped without intelligence, nearly everyone can get access to vehicles and knives and the fact that the terrorists are quite happy to die and have no value for life is very disturbing
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 123
Roast Em Bobby
June 4, 2017, 9:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Skrill

No Corbyn hasn't said it's justified.

All of the attacks have been committed by people born in this country - so nothing to do with immigration either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 123
cmackenzie4
June 4, 2017, 9:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
What is an emergency COBRA meeting and what is it suppose to achieve? There has now been three in three months!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 123
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.